Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Certified Comics For SaleComics Bronze AgeFor Sale

DWeeB1967's Good Stuff For Sale Thread10210

You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, everyone.

I'm going to be using this thread to list a few comics that I'd like to sale. Contact me if interested.

Listed prices include insured shipping via USPS Priority Mail and are applicable to US residents only. Payment by PayPal only. I think that covers all the details but if you have a question, feel free to contact me.

First up... Amazing Spider-Man #129, the first appearance of the Punisher. CGC 9.2 with white pages. $2100 shipped in the US.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Wow. That's the best looking 9.2 I've seen in a long time. Pm sent.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
No kidding!
Bad timing sucks! GLWTS!
Post 3 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@Siggy @Tedsaid Thanks!
Post 4 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Beautiful 9.2 with a spot-on cover wrap. Wow,.. just BEAUTIFUL!!!
Post 5 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder Thanks!
Post 6 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@DWeeB1967 - Thatโ€™s a great looking book, David. You could have all my HOM and HOS books for that!
Post 7 IP   flag post
@esaravo That's very tempting... ๐Ÿ˜†
Post 8 IP   flag post

SOLD! Thanks, @Tedsaid.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome!!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Late posting this, but the package arrived yesterday and, boy, is she a beaut! Awesome packaging (pictured) and got here safely. And a bonus thrown in to boot! Thanks, @DWeeB1967 !!

Post 11 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Tedsaid WOW!!!! You got a bonus ASM #129 when you bought that Spidey figure??? That's a heck of a deal!!!! LOL!!!
Post 12 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
That was a friggin beautiful book! Lucky Dog!

@DWeeB1967 What kind of scanner did you use? or is it a camera?
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@Tedsaid WOW!!!! You got a bonus ASM #129 when you bought that Spidey figure??? That's a heck of a deal!!!! LOL!!!

Hahaha ... I know, right? I should buy more Spidey figures.
Post 14 IP   flag post
@Tedsaid Glad the book got to you in good shape. Enjoy! And glad you liked the Spidey figure, too. ๐Ÿ˜Š

@BigRedOne1944 I just use the camera on my phone: Samsung Galaxy S9+.
Post 15 IP   flag post
I know it's been a while since I've posted anything for sale. I hope to post more books this weekend. Any suggestions? My collection consists mostly of late 80s to mid-90s with older stuff mixed in.

Most people on the forum seem to be primarily interested in Marvel. Any interest in DC? I have some high grade "Strange Adventures" Deadman issues, one or two "Showcase" issues... things like that. Any interest?
Post 16 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
I know it's been a while since I've posted anything for sale. I hope to post more books this weekend. Any suggestions? My collection consists mostly of late 80s to mid-90s with older stuff mixed in.

Most people on the forum seem to be primarily interested in Marvel. Any interest in DC? I have some high grade "Strange Adventures" Deadman issues, one or two "Showcase" issues... things like that. Any interest?

I am always up for a trade or three! Do you have any higher graded Adventure Comics with the Legion of Super-Heroes?
Post 17 IP   flag post
Unfortunately, Ed, I don't think I have any "Adventure" issues with the LSH in them. The only issues I have are the Black Orchid and Spectre issues.
Post 18 IP   flag post
@DWeeB1967 - Thatโ€™s okay, David. Thanks for responding.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:

Strange Adventures #205 always sells very quickly. I've just put a 7.0 up for sale a few days ago over at MCS.

Funny story ... the first time I submitted any comics for grading was the CBCS booth at HeroesCon, about three years ago. One of my comics in that first batch was a #205 that I had in my collection for close to 30 years. The guy sitting next to me was stunned and excited ... said that was one of his "grails" (first time I heard the term) and he had been looking for a good copy all day. I told him I bought it in the 80's and it's been bagged and boarded in a long box at my folks house ever since, he got even more excited. He made me an offer, which probably wasn't high enough. But he seemed like a nice guy, and he was so excited, and he was offering like $250 or $300 for a comic I bought for maybe $20 when I was a kid, so I said okay.

So, I took it off my submission and he added it to his. I always wondered what the grade was, though. I had just gotten back into comics again and was WAY too rusty to grade well. Probably it was a 6.0 or 7.0, but it could have been a 9.0 even. I'll never know now.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Yep, @Tedsaid, they do generally sell well. High-grade DCs from the 60s and 70s are far more rare than Marvels of the same era (I'm sure you know that already). The demand isn't as high as Marvel but there are still always people looking for them.

As for the Strange Adventures, I wouldn't put my 205 up for sale but I was considering my others (208 through 213, I think). All are 9.4s. At one point, I was considering collecting that entire Deadman run (205 through 216). Somewhere along the way, I just kind of lost interest. I still like the character...I just am not into finishing the run (although I'd still love a high-grade 207).

It just seems like DC collectors are few and far between on the forum. I know that @esaravo and some of the other regulars collect a decent amount of DCs. But the majority seem to collect Marvel. So that's what I was trying to gauge... is it worth the effort to list DCs if there will be little interest in them or should I just stick to listing Marvels? I may try and see what happens.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
It just seems like DC collectors are few and far between on the forum. I know that @esaravo and some of the other regulars collect a decent amount of DCs. But the majority seem to collect Marvel. So that's what I was trying to gauge... is it worth the effort to list DCs if there will be little interest in them or should I just stick to listing Marvels? I may try and see what happens.

I mostly collect DC actually.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Okay, after a (somewhat) long hiatus, I'm finally listing some more items for sale. To the one or two of you watching for more listings, I apologize for the delay. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Next up, Showcase #61 - the second Silver Age appearance of one of my favorite characters: the Spectre. This one is graded by CGC (old label) as a 9.4 with off-white pages. Just a beautiful black cover with lots of bright colors...always been one of my faves.

Determining fair pricing on this one is tough since they just don't hit the market in this grade very often. The closest comparison that I could find is the Fantucchio copy (9.4 white) which sold for $550 in August of 2018. Other than that, I couldn't find any real information about 9.4s that have sold relatively recently.

Of course, unlike the Fantucchio copy, this issue has no pedigree and was not graded with white pages. Still, the Fantucchio sale happened over a year ago. So, with that said, I'm listing this one for $530 shipped.

Please see the beginning of this thread for shipping and payment information. Thanks for looking!

Post 23 IP   flag post
Next up, Amazing Spider-Man #238 - the first appearance of the Hobgoblin. CGC 9.6 with white pages.

I've owned this book since the late 1980s. I think this was the first Spider-Man key issue that I ever bought from a dealer. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Price on this one is $340 shipped. Please see the beginning of this thread for shipping and payment information. Thanks for looking! Sorry about the light reflection at the bottom of the pictures.

Post 24 IP   flag post
600882 24 24
This topic is archived. Start new topic?