Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeMemorabiliaMovies TelevisionPop CultureQuestions

Marvel Comics - The End10207

Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Final stories for Venom, Deadpool, Captain America, Dr Strange, Miles (fake Spider-man) Morales, etc...

Click or Touch here to read the full story.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
looks like an interesting 'elseworlds' storyline.

Are these going to be actual in continuity or are these "pretend" to be in continuity stories with the inevitable re-boot!!

Could be fun while in no way being meaningful stories?
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Sounds like they’re revisiting their previous The End approach but with different characters.

I thought the original run was REALLY well done. Most were one-shots but some were 6-issue mini-series. Part of the original gimmick was that these would be written by the writers that really left a mark on the characters so you have Punisher written by Garth Ennis, X-Men (actually a trilogy of 6-issue minis) written by Chris Claremont, the Hulk by Peter David, cosmic marvel by Jim Starlin and a few others. Looking at the creators listed it seems they’re trying to do something similar, for some of them at least.

They weren’t meant to be in-continuity as they sought to tell a Final story for these characters but since they were done by writers with significant history with the characters, they were incredibly touching and often tragic.

Post 3 IP   flag post
I enjoyed the original run so much that I collected them all (except She-Hulk which had the banner but was actually just the end of the current series and not in line with the theme of the rest of the books) in a custom-bound hardcover

Post 4 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I never believe their promises anymore.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
I don’t see them making any promises

They’re not saying that publication of these characters will end after these stories, only that they’re meant to be the final stories for these characters in some plausible future in the way All-Star Superman did. From the summaries, for example, Miles Morales, portrayed as a teenager in the current stories, is now pushing past middle age, and the Venom story follows the Venom symbiote in the future after having lived over a trillion years
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Quote:

They’re not saying that publication of these characters will end after these stories, only that they’re meant to be the final stories for these characters in some plausible future in the way All-Star Superman did. From the summaries, for example, Miles Morales, portrayed as a teenager in the current stories, is now pushing past middle age, and the Venom story follows the Venom symbiote in the future after having lived over a trillion years

Just kidding around.

MARVEL
The End.
Promises, promises.

Basically my way of asking them to please stop putting out poop.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Quote:

Just kidding around.

MARVEL
The End.
Promises, promises.

Basically my way of asking them to please stop putting out poop.
you must be reading the wrong books .. I can't get enough of immortal hulk , desperately miss weapon h and enjoying the fun of miles morales : spiderman these days

Plus the recently concluded spider-man life story was a great ride .
Post 8 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I remember the last time they did a Captain Marvel The End. That one hit close to home when I read it.

Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Great idea, while they are killing folks, send off punisher, carnage and wolverine...
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
I remember the last time they did a Captain Marvel The End. That one hit close to home when I read it.

I found it to be highly annoying. I liked the character.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:

Not annoying (actually a great read)for me but I didn't like it cause I loved (the real) Captain Marvel, when he died it sucked.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:

Not annoying (actually a great read)for me but I didn't like it cause I loved (the real) Captain Marvel, when he died it sucked.

Deaths of good characters annoy me. I don't read superhero comics to see heroes die. I read superhero comics to see them exceed expectations and overcome obstacles. If I want to read about losers and failure, I can find plenty of alternatives.
Post 13 IP   flag post
People who die are losers and failures, interesting take.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
People who die are losers and failures, interesting take.

In literature... yes. Definitely.
They aren't stories I want to read or see. If someone else gets a feeling of excitement or inspiration out of it, that's fine. It's extremely uninspiring to me.
Post 15 IP   flag post
So like supergirl dying in crisis or flash...or in justice league of America 101 when Red Tornado sacarificed himself to save the world, those were all losers and failures?

How is that uninspiring when a person rises above others and places his or her most sacred possession, their life, on the line for another or others?

Cant being a hero sometimes mean dying for a cause, ideal or belief?
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
So like supergirl dying in crisis or flash...or in justice league of America 101 when Red Tornado sacarificed himself to save the world, those were all losers and failures?

How is that uninspiring when a person rises above others and places his or her most sacred possession, their life, on the line for another or others?

Cant being a hero sometimes mean dying for a cause, ideal or belief?

You are describing stories I do not own, have not read, and have no motivation to read or own.
It's fully uninspiring to read what I call the "Jesus plot" because:

1) It's already been done.
2) It ends the character.
3) It only works if you end the character.
3) We're going to have to see flashbacks and replays of this iconic event for decades.... ad nauseum.

I'm only inspired by that once. Rehashing the same cliché story just so you can get rid of a beloved character is particularly annoying.
Post 17 IP   flag post
I think what becomes particularly annoying is when someone without benefit of reading the stories or comics attempts to lump every death as a failure by a loser,( thus creating a simplification) so that it becomes simple to place them all in one basket, (called a generalization) and dismiss them all.

The jesus plot was the concept of someone sacarificing themselves for the benefit of all....surely you have to have some inkling that characters like the comedian, or supergirl or flash, or (insert name) may/may not have had deaths where that plot summary applies.

Its already been done....yes and?

It ends the character....not necessarily depending the way reason and circumstances of that character....(see Deadman, spectre, etc)

It only works if you end the character...see above.....again, oversimplification to make everything the Jesus plot and then whine about it always being the same, is disgenius because it was you that cast everything as the same plot device to begin with , rather than allowing their differences, and actually reading the stories correct?

we are going to see flashbacks and playbacks...umm if you ignored it in the first version, when it began why would subsequent retellings be any type of problem you could begin to even attempt to place on the counter to argue with?

Again things are only a rehash when they are, often they are NOT..but you have to READ the stories and KNOW what they are about to see IF they are or are NOT
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
I think what becomes particularly annoying is when someone without benefit of reading the stories or comics attempts to lump every death as a failure by a loser,( thus creating a simplification) so that it becomes simple to place them all in one basket, (called a generalization) and dismiss them all.

The jesus plot was the concept of someone sacarificing themselves for the benefit of all....surely you have to have some inkling that characters like the comedian, or supergirl or flash, or (insert name) may/may not have had deaths where that plot summary applies.

Its already been done....yes and?

It ends the character....not necessarily depending the way reason and circumstances of that character....(see Deadman, spectre, etc)

It only works if you end the character...see above.....again, oversimplification to make everything the Jesus plot and then whine about it always being the same, is disgenius because it was you that cast everything as the same plot device to begin with , rather than allowing their differences, and actually reading the stories correct?

we are going to see flashbacks and playbacks...umm if you ignored it in the first version, when it began why would subsequent retellings be any type of problem you could begin to even attempt to place on the counter to argue with?

Again things are only a rehash when they are, often they are NOT..but you have to READ the stories and KNOW what they are about to see IF they are or are NOT

Unlike most of the ignorant people in the world, I can predict with high accuracy what I will feel about something before I do it. I don't @#$%$#ing like Jesus plots making 2nd tier disposable heroes into martyrs. Do it with Batman or Superman and KEEP him dead and I might buy it. Picking Supergirl to die is lazy writing. They don't know what to do with the character, so they kill them. Starlin took events in his personal life and used the Death of Captain Marvel to vent. I hope to hell it eased his emotional pain, but I think he just spread it out and shared it to thousands of others. You and I would never get along in public because I'd mock you down to the essence of your soul until you realized you would not have an ounce of chance in hell of ever changing my mind on anything.

I don't have to read anything if I detest the context of the plot. The word I use is "detest", not "dislike", or "mildly frustrated". I don't waste my time on things I classify as garbage. I don't care if collectors are buying them for $10 a pop, I wouldn't buy them for a dime.
Post 19 IP   flag post
ignorance is measured in many ways, but most would agree that it can be best summed as the inability to entertain new ideas, concepts or views that may in sum way contradict ones deeply held ideas. Einstein himself was famously quoted as suggesting intelligence was best measured by the ability of a person to entertain as many conflicting opinions of the same idea as possible...For this reason I tend to avoid generalizations similar to..."most of the ignorant people in the world" It just comes off rather....self indicting. Also incidentally the term bigotry is best defined as holding a view or idea, that despite all evidence, facts and information you refuse to alter.

Supergirl is a 2nd tier character now? How amusing, and odd. Picking her to die had precisely squat to do with lazy writing and more to do with the storyline of an infinite universe being condensed into a single one violently....thousands of characters were all removed from continuity using "lazy writing" The few they made the point of writing an ending for were rather well handled and were the high points of a series you apparently never read and seem incapable of grasping.

"You and I would never get along in public because I'd mock you down to the essence of your soul until you realized you would not have an ounce of chance in hell of ever changing my mind on anything. "

I can only offer if you consider the concept of "mocking people down to the essence of of their soul in public" as some indicator of your intellect, or that it might in some way make your views more valid, I can clear that up for you...those who resort to mocking and insults in a rational debate are engaging in ad hominem attacks which is the most basic and most disgusting form of base response for someone to offer in place of a valid logical or useful idea.

Noone has suggested you have to read anything, especially not something you apparently somehow have no concept of , zero knowledge of what is inside, and yet apparently managed to have formed some deep seated and searing mock you into the essence of opinion about. What is being suggested is that perhaps the ticket price for holding an opinion is to have read, know, comprehend, or have some basic simple understanding of the elements of the discussion. The deaths of characters in literature are not all the same simple plot device, the generalization you insist on making is invalid and determining all characters who die in literature are failures and losers is ….what one would expect from a mind that finds mocking others is somehow ….attractive. Be well
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Ok gentlemen. Let's get along here. I just made this thread to let you guys know of the "end" of a few characters. They are supposed to be the final issue of said character, and in it, it skips our current time and shoots for 20 to 40 years in the future, or longer (Venom).

I know that we all can't agree on everything. God knows, I have been in some heated arguments with my fellow collectors on here as well, but I'm sorta looking in, because I'm currently not in the limelight. I wish someone would have chimed in and ask that we all get along while I was "in the heat of the moment" arguments.

So, all I'm asking is that we all chill and relax. We all get along. My last argument I was involved in with a fellow collector, and I wish it never happened... so guys, can we please all get along with one another for the comics sake?
Post 21 IP   flag post
Sure Gana, I am done with it.....
Once I was "mocked into the essence of my soul " for holding a contradicting opinion I felt the need to respond but you are right...bad use of precious time, and valuable resources.
Post 22 IP   flag post
597868 22 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?