Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original Artwork

New Dreckcheck blog on fears in the art market10198

Collector AnkurJ private msg quote post Address this user
New blog article I wrote about fears in the art market. Would love to hear your thoughts!
https://www.dreckcheck.com/blog/blog10.html
Post 1 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@AnkurJ that is a good article and good advice. I think the fear of missing out is the probably the biggest concern for a lot of people. A lot of times, I think collectors do talk themselves into buying something that they aren't totally satisfied with, I know I have. However, I do think that is part of the learning curve. There is only so much a person can be taught, the rest has to be learned through experience.

I do want to comment on collecting "esoteric" pieces. That's kind of what I really enjoy collecting. The nice thing about collecting out of the ordinary pieces is that you can often find quality pieces for reasonable prices. Of course, the problem is in reselling these pieces. I honestly have no plan on selling any of collection until I have to for one reason or another. My hope is that my kids will have to figure out what to do with it!! LOL!!!

But having said that, do you have any suggestions on an "exit plan"? Other than documenting everything I can about the piece (price, publication, artist, etc), do you have any insight on what I can do to make it easier for my kids to evaluate my collection? I don't have any high end pieces. My most expensive piece is a painted cover that I paid under $1,000 for. Most of my collection I bought for $200 or less a piece. Any thoughts you have on this matter would be appreciated.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
I have grown out of my FOMO and also think a lot of things are currently over priced. Great article my friend!
Post 3 IP   flag post
598061 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?