Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgePop CultureQuestionsSignatures

Todd McFarlane10191

Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
I had a bet with someone about how long until Zombie_head showed up to complain about his failed Stan Lee...it lasted WAY longer than I thought, but he didn't disappoint.
Post 176 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
I had a bet with someone about how long until Zombie_head showed up to complain about his failed Stan Lee...it lasted WAY longer than I thought, but he didn't disappoint.

I hope you won next time bet on me again and I won’t disappoint again. It’s like money in the bank until they fix the issue.
Post 177 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
As far as VSP goes, you pay a fee for a service, to see if we can verify a signature. If we can, you will get a VSP label but fail or pass the charge is the same as the same services were performed.
Post 178 IP   flag post
Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_Head
Quote:

I hope you won next time bet on me again and I won’t disappoint again. It’s like money in the bank until they fix the issue.

@etapi65 @Zombie_Head LOL, you guys crack me up
Post 179 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
Update: Jake at CBCS has responded to my call for help, and has talked to Mr. Borock about it, who is looking into it.
Post 180 IP   flag post

Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joosh
Update: Jake at CBCS has responded to my call for help, and has talked to Mr. Borock about it, who is looking into it.

Hopefully you can get a free press and regrade
Post 181 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

If they were to …"fix the issue" or pass every signature regardless if it does or not, there would be no BAS or anything left to fix. Autographs dont always fall within the expected parameters...you have to collect a signature, have it witnessed or else hope for the best. Just knowing that a signature you have is valid isn't sufficient for that signature to display the fluidity, loops and flourishes of someones normal signature. Illness, old age, arthritis, even MS , mood, time of day, if someone is angry or happy, even if they are just hungry can affect how that signature might look. A simpler method would be to test yourself...can you sign your name identically ten times? Noone so far ever has ..it is unlikely if not outright impossible, so expecting every signature each time to match every example each time is failed logic at an extreme.That being said, why wouldnt you attempt to have your signature verified by another service to establish the issue exists you want fixed? If it were to fail another companies exemplars would you then feel they both need to "fix the issue"?
Post 182 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:
Quote:

If they were to …"fix the issue" or pass every signature regardless if it does or not, there would be no BAS or anything left to fix. Autographs dont always fall within the expected parameters...you have to collect a signature, have it witnessed or else hope for the best. Just knowing that a signature you have is valid isn't sufficient for that signature to display the fluidity, loops and flourishes of someones normal signature. Illness, old age, arthritis, even MS , mood, time of day, if someone is angry or happy, even if they are just hungry can affect how that signature might look. A simpler method would be to test yourself...can you sign your name identically ten times? Noone so far ever has ..it is unlikely if not outright impossible, so expecting every signature each time to match every example each time is failed logic at an extreme.That being said, why wouldnt you attempt to have your signature verified by another service to establish the issue exists you want fixed? If it were to fail another companies exemplars would you then feel they both need to "fix the issue"?
that is unless it’s a printed sig..... sorry I couldn’t resist, I’ve been trying to play mum on this whole issue.
Post 183 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I guess you lost the bet? Lol

I’m not talking about the whole VSP just for Stan Lee because his autograph has changed so much. Like Poka said put a disclaimer or something for the Stan Lee autograph.
Post 184 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Label error?

I’m sorry but how exactly does a book fail VSP, get positive notes entered, a label created, and slabbed as if it passed? That cannot be a singular failure, it seems to be a far fetched excuse of multiple systems failing.

Why not just be honest and say our VSP person fu*ked up?

This is precisely the reason they no longer get my business. If you screw up, own it and move forward. Every excuse for the past few years has been worse than the last.

ps - It’s been a while since I’ve been around, hope y’all are doing well!
Post 185 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
IMO not verifying an actual signature is far more acceptable ( and actually to be expected on occasion due to variance of signer ) than verifying a signature that is actually a print in every copy of the book which should never occur nor be expected.

One is a side effect of process that seeks to give as much certainty as possible to slabs that are authenticated ... the other is a flat out mistake that puts the process in a bad light

Chalk and cheese
Post 186 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith
IMO not verifying an actual signature is far more acceptable ( and actually to be expected on occasion due to variance of signer ) than verifying a signature that is actually a print in every copy of the book which should never occur nor be expected.

One is a side effect of process that seeks to give as much certainty as possible to slabs that are authenticated ... the other is a flat out mistake that puts the process in a bad light

Chalk and cheese
That sums all this up...
Post 187 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Agree wraith. My comments were more as regards signature faulingQuote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I guess you lost the bet? Lol

I’m not talking about the whole VSP just for Stan Lee because his autograph has changed so much. Like Poka said put a disclaimer or something for the Stan Lee autograph.
I would only offer the number that pass are likely on a ratio of about 15-1 vs fails any given day.
My two cents is I own two Stan Lee signatures. Both with witnessed sealed slabs ....I wont buy a lose raw one at any price
Post 188 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
@Joosh fascinating thread very well done on your endeavours so far, especially with personally purchasing this book and bringing this issue to, not only ours but CBCS attention.

I await in anticipation as I'm sure we all are CBCS response

ps....good video btw 👍
Post 189 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Every grading company that wants to improve and be taken seriously should have learned from the mistake made when that/those comics with simulated cover wear was dinged for actual cover wear. That should have been the reddest flag imaginable. and a warning for future mistakes IF MEASURES AREN'T TAKEN. Obviously measures weren't taken to prevent the grader from being oblivious of the gimmick.

If a decision was made that such a thing couldn't happen again, or couldn't happen here (can't remember who graded that one), then to me that sounds pretty naïve. If it was never discussed in the first place, then that IS naïve, and inexcusable.

Barcodes, scanners, computer screens, happier customers, voila. Hell, even a memo could have prevented this.
Post 190 IP   flag post
601333 190 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?