Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgePop CultureQuestionsSignatures

Todd McFarlane10191

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@BrashSmurf no it doesn't.
Post 126 IP   flag post
Collector BrashSmurf private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
yeah i mean sure who doesn't want a verified printed signature
Post 127 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

It does make you question how many fake or printed signatures Beckett has verified over the years on comics, sports memorabilia and trading cards. The simple answer is...too many.
Post 128 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
It's a mistake. It doesn't throw the whole program into question. It was Todd's signature, just not a live one. Yeah, it sucks they made a mistake but to say it throws the whole program into question is wrong.
Post 129 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
It's a mistake. It doesn't throw the whole program into question. It was Todd's signature, just not a live one. Yeah, it sucks they made a mistake but to say it throws the whole program into question is wrong.

so without a doubt you can safely say this is the only mistake they have ever made in regards to signatures
Post 130 IP   flag post

I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Well I'm looking forward to seeing how CBCS corrects the mistake in this specific situation. I hope they offer to press, slab the comic for free, and compensate the buyer the difference in the price he paid vs the current market value of whatever grade the resubmitted comic comes back as. For example if it comes back a 9.8 valued at $200 CBCS should pay or give a credit of $95.
Post 131 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Well I'm looking forward to seeing how CBCS corrects the mistake in this specific situation. I hope they offer to press, slab the comic for free, and compensate the buyer the difference in the price he paid vs the current market value of whatever grade the resubmitted comic comes back as. For example if it comes back a 9.8 valued at $200 CBCS should pay or give a credit of $95.

i agree, handling this well will speak volumes.
Post 132 IP   flag post
Collector bythegram private msg quote post Address this user
I really hope CBCS steps in to correct this. Good on @Joosh for buying and filming it. Bummer about the results but this is a good opportunity to right a wrong.
Post 133 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrashSmurf
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

so without a doubt you can safely say this is the only mistake they have ever made in regards to signatures

I'm not sure where you got this from.
Post 134 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
I just sent a PM to Mr. Borock. I'd like to think the story isn't over. CBCS will come through.
If anyone reading this can help get his attention on this as soon as possible that would be appreciated.
Post 135 IP   flag post
after this i will never buy a cbcs red label, period.

If i submit a book for a red label it will be for my PC but i'll stick to yellow if i buy signatures
Post 136 IP   flag post
Quote:

If i submit a book for a red label it will be for my PC but i'll stick to yellow if i buy signatures

Even though you just saw how easy it is to open a CBCS case?
Post 137 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

all my yellows are cgc
all my red cbcs labels are books i have seen signed in person
Post 138 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

To be fair, the inner sleeve is sealed to the label and around the book, so they aren't going to separate without obvious tampering.
Post 139 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Sorry but a bit naive if you think mistakes don’t happen across the firms for Yellow labels as well
Post 140 IP   flag post
But I guess this means that red label sigs are not being checked for live ink. That is sad
Post 141 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
For the folks having a hard time accepting this mistake, I think you need to look at the situation with a bit more of an open mind.

People make mistakes. Cooks included nutz in a dish, a surgeon left a clamp in a patient. Those are the type of mistakes that are worth getting upset over.

If you believe in christianity. apparently somebody /something deemed your mistakes redeemable. Essentially mistakes happen and nobody is immune.

I would gamble a large sum of money that during the course of a day, quite a few CGC and CSBC books have been misgraded by .2 points.

As a few members put it, how this situation is dealt with by cbcs is a huge point. Although being refunded for the books cost seems kind of questionable. I dont see how that's there issue. It's like me buying a book and it had been deemed restored after it was originally a universal label. CGC is not going to give me 500$ bux back for a mistake. To think so in my mind is illogical.
Post 142 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
For the folks having a hard time accepting this mistake, I think you need to look at the situation with a bit more of an open mind.

People make mistakes. Cooks included nutz in a dish, a surgeon left a clamp in a patient. Those are the type of mistakes that are worth getting upset over.

If you believe in christianity. apparently somebody /something deemed your mistakes redeemable. Essentially mistakes happen and nobody is immune.

I would gamble a large sum of money that during the course of a day, quite a few CGC and CSBC books have been misgraded by .2 points.

As a few members put it, how this situation is dealt with by cbcs is a huge point. Although being refunded for the books cost seems kind of questionable. I dont see how that's there issue. It's like me buying a book and it had been deemed restored after it was originally a universal label. CGC is not going to give me 500$ bux back for a mistake. To think so in my mind is illogical.

While I agree with you in principle I would like CBCS to confirm that they check for live ink. If they don’t then.....
Post 143 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

all my yellows are cgc

I know for certain that green label Stan Lee signatures were acquired, cracked out, and resubmitted with witnessed Stan Lee signatures in order to get yellow labels. If it could happen with Stan, I wonder what other yellow labels used to sitting in green ones?
Post 144 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

all my yellows are cgc

I know for certain that green label Stan Lee signatures were acquired, cracked out, and resubmitted with witnessed Stan Lee signatures in order to get yellow labels. If it could happen with Stan, I wonder what other yellow labels used to sitting in green ones?
how did you come by this information?
Post 145 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@poka

I have no idea the process. However, if they dont, they should. All steps should be reevaluated. In my mind, I would also go so far as to halt authentication until they process a new system of checks and balances. That would show they are taking it seriously and committed to quality.
Post 146 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
after this i will never buy a cbcs red label, period.rnrnIf i submit a book for a red label it will be for my PC but i'll stick to yellow if i buy signatures
rnrnEven though you just saw how easy it is to open a CBCS case?
rnall my yellows are cgcrnall my red cbcs labels are books i have seen signed in person
rnI know for certain that green label Stan Lee signatures were acquired, cracked out, and resubmitted with witnessed Stan Lee signatures in order to get yellow labels. If it could happen with Stan, I wonder what other yellow labels used to sitting in green ones?
rnrnWhere there is money involved - dishonest people appear
Post 147 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve been saying they can’t tell a real one from a fake Stan Lee so this is no surprise to me. Not even real ink. Lol
Post 148 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
after this i will never buy a cbcs red label, period.rnrnIf i submit a book for a red label it will be for my PC but i'll stick to yellow if i buy signatures
rnrnEven though you just saw how easy it is to open a CBCS case?
rnall my yellows are cgcrnall my red cbcs labels are books i have seen signed in person
rnI know for certain that green label Stan Lee signatures were acquired, cracked out, and resubmitted with witnessed Stan Lee signatures in order to get yellow labels. If it could happen with Stan, I wonder what other yellow labels used to sitting in green ones?
rnrnWhere there is money involved - dishonest people appear
okay but that really is not an answer just a vague assumption
Post 149 IP   flag post
The first step in verification must be ensuring it's a live signature and not a print.
Post 150 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_Head
I’ve been saying they can’t tell a real one from a fake Stan Lee so this is no surprise to me. Not even real ink. Lol

i see what you are saying

now we wait for a Stan Lee solvent dna ink to get verified
Post 151 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_Head

I agree with you on the ink but again seems that you have still not understood that a sig which does not pass verification does not mean it is fake. Just that it cannot be verified. That includes pretty much all Stan Lee’s sigs for the last year before he died.
Post 152 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

all my yellows are cgc

I'm old in this hobby. I've been around. I have friends in low places.
Post 153 IP   flag post
@BrashSmurf not an assumption
Post 154 IP   flag post
I think @Bronte is on the right track. I work for a contract manufacturer of medical devices; metal and plastic that goes into the body permanently. Heavily FDA regulated with every process detailed, evaluated for risk, and validated. Even in this industry, mistakes happen, sometimes big mistakes. As seen by the daytime lawyer ads asking if you or a loved one had a certain implant.

Is the ink verified as live as part of the VSP process? It probably is, but my book obviously wasn’t. Someone didn’t follow procedure is my guess, and a major error happened and got through QC.
Post 155 IP   flag post
600753 190 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?