Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Week #1 winner was @michaelekrupp.
Week #2 was tied between @michaelekrupp and @PhantomEwan.
Week #3 winner was @Pre_Coder
Week #4 winner was @michaelekrupp with the tiebreaker (4 way tie)

Post 1 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
A lot of tough calls this week, starting with Thursday night. I know Seattle is tough at home, but I think the Rams will have a little sense of urgency and maybe something to prove after getting spanked last week by Tampa Bay. I think they find a way to get it done on the road.

Tampa Bay and New Orleans is another game I went back and forth on. Again, home field advantage has to favor the Saints, but I ultimately decided that Tampa Bay’s offense has been showing steady improvement and should be able to generate enough points to overcome the Saints without Brees.

Jacksonville and Carolina are both coming off impressive road wins. This game is a coin toss! I like Carolina’s defense a little better and they are playing at home so I went with the Panthers.

I would rather see a Green Bay win this week against Dallas; Detroit will be heading into Lambeau next week. Thing is, I just don’t see the Green Bay D stopping Elliot at all. I look for Zeke to run wild and for the Dallas D to slow down Rodgers just enough for the Cowboys to get the W.

The Monday nighter is interesting. San Fran has impressed and has had an extra week to prepare for this game, but I like Cleveland’s D to win the battle here.

Post 3 IP   flag post
I’m sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user

Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user

Last week was my worst week of picking in a long time. Hope to reverse the trend this week.
Upset picks are Arizona, Tampa Bay & Jacksonville.
Survivor pick is Kansas City. 38 out of 73 still in.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user

someone else already picked 58, changing mine to 64
Post 6 IP   flag post
I consulted the stars, read the tarot cards, cast the runes and gazed into the crystal ball to get this weeks picks. We'll see if the football gods shine favorably upon me. LOL!!!

Post 7 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Post 8 IP   flag post
A lot of people are taking the Giants over Minnesota. Also a little surprising that so far I am lone wolf taking the Browns on Monday night.🤔
Post 9 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelekrupp
A lot of people are taking the Giants over Minnesota. Also a little surprising that so far I am lone wolf taking the Browns on Monday night.🤔

I don't think Minnesota will go into Giants stadium and take care of business. Don't care either way.

Also, I don't think the Browns will go into SF home and take care of business. Don't care either way.

I thought I was the only one who was thinking Green Bay would go to Dallas and hand it to them until @flanders and @Studley_Dudley posted their picks. This game I do care about because I want Dallas to have their shit handed to them at home.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Personally I would rather see the Vikings choke. I just think the Giants have no D and a rookie QB going up against a very good D. I hope you are right about Green Bay. The less desperate they are next week the better it is for the Lions. I heard Davonte Adams may not play this week? Don’t really care about 49ers- Browns either except that it’s looking like an opportunity for me to pick up a game on everyone else.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Yeah, my Purple pride is showing this week. I'm not the least bit convinced that the Vikes will win either. But, of course, I hear the hype coming from different players, coaches, etc and I get swayed. They need to win. They need to win on the road, Basically, if they can't beat the Giants soundly, they have no future this year.

And my purple pride showed up in the Dallas/Green Bay game also. Honestly, these are the two teams that I like the least. But the Packs defense is not all that great. I think Prescott will pick them apart. Plus, if Adams doesn't play, Rodgers will be off his game. Those two seem to be in sync a lot of the time. But mostly, I just don't see Green Bay going into Dallas and winning, they don't have the Lambeau refs there. LOL
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Yeah, my Purple pride is showing this week. I'm not the least bit convinced that the Vikes will win either. But, of course, I hear the hype coming from different players, coaches, etc and I get swayed. They need to win. They need to win on the road, Basically, if they can't beat the Giants soundly, they have no future this year.

And my purple pride showed up in the Dallas/Green Bay game also. Honestly, these are the two teams that I like the least. But the Packs defense is not all that great. I think Prescott will pick them apart. Plus, if Adams doesn't play, Rodgers will be off his game. Those two seem to be in sync a lot of the time. But mostly, I just don't see Green Bay going into Dallas and winning, they don't have the Lambeau refs there. LOL

Yep, it seems those refs sure do come in handy.
Post 13 IP   flag post
I think the Dallas game is a tossup but Rodgers has owned the series with Dallas at home and away.

The Vikings are dysfunctional as f*** right now. Diggs might want out, Thielen is ripping Cousins, Cousins seriously sucks against any decent team. At home, I would pick the Vikes. I'm taking the NYG more as an upset pick.

Baltimore should handle Pittsburgh on the road. Pittsburgh was sucking with Worthlessburger in there and I don't see Mason Rudolph and his check downs being a threat to the Ravens. Sorry, but looking good against the Bengals and looking good against a decent team are two different things. It's a division game, though, so anything can happen.

I wanted to pick Tampa to beat NO, but I can't trust Tampa. Too hot and cold for my liking.

I pick the Bengals every week, but right now we look worse than Miami. At least Miami managed a lead for about 6 minutes on Sunday.
Post 14 IP   flag post
I hate these neon uniforms that Seattle has!!!!
Post 15 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
As a Rams fan that was depressing and expected. At least I've started the week off strong.
Post 16 IP   flag post
At least it was a great game. Probably one of the best games so far this year. I will admit I did not expect them to miss that field goal with 15 seconds left. When they got down there, I thought it was in the bag😐.

And yes, those neon uniforms are positively hideous! Even worse than the old Tampa Bay creamsicle uniforms.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelekrupp
At least it was a great game. Probably one of the best games so far this year. I will admit I did not expect them to miss that field goal with 15 seconds left. When they got down there, I thought it was in the bag😐.

And yes, those neon uniforms are positively hideous! Even worse than the old Tampa Bay creamsicle uniforms.

Just wondering if the neon uniforms aid the QB when passing as they stand out from the opposing team's uniform. Just a thought.

And yes, they are awful.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user

Post 19 IP   flag post
I’m sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user
A little late, at least for the Thursday night game.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Wow!!! Denver vs L.A. Chargers could be the upset game of the week if this continues!!!
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Wow!!! Denver vs L.A. Chargers could be the upset game of the week if this continues!!!

@Jesse_O Yeah, I pop over periodically to see whats going on. The only reason I'm watching the Dallas game is because I love to see them lose.

The wrong Tampa Bay team showed up in New Orleans.

The Patriots were kind enough to allow The Redskins to score first, but only once... then reciprocated with 33 unanswered points. LOL
Post 22 IP   flag post
The Dallas coaches seem to be idiots! Instead of trying to run the ball, control the clock and keep Rodgers on the bench, they come out throwing, get picked off a couple times and dig a hole that basically takes the running game out of the equation. I just don’t get it.
I switched over to Denver-LA for the second half. Props to Denver for getting the win. I seriously considered picking them this week; I knew they wouldn’t remain winless forever. I just thought the Chargers had a lot more on the line and would find a way to get it done. Seriously wondering about their prospects at this point.
I should have known Tampa Bay wouldn’t be able to put together two quality performances in a row. Shame on me! The Saints ate looking like the front runners in the NFC at this point.
At least the Raiders managed to come through for me, although they tried their darndest to blow it.
Once again I called the Tennessee game wrong. I am now 0-5 in that department. I am beginning to think that Tennessee should just cut me a check and I could pick them to lose every week, guaranteeing they go undefeated the rest of the way🙃.
Post 23 IP   flag post
May as well make my picks every week and then flush them down the crapper.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Colts ruined a lot of people's picks this week!
Go Colts!
Post 25 IP   flag post

Post 26 IP   flag post
Indianapolis - 19
Kansas City - 13

We all picked KC for the win. Don't know about you guys but it's a bad pick I can live with.

Green Bay - 34
Dallas - 24

This game was the highlight of my Sunday.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Breaking News - Jay Gruden head coach for Washington has been FIRED!

Bill Callahan will take over as interim head coach. The Redskins still aren't going anywhere this season but at least this is positive move for next season. Also, they need to put QB Haskins in for the rest of the year so he can be groomed for next season. He needs to be mentally prepared.
Post 28 IP   flag post
I expected SF to win but I anticipated a closer game.
SF - 30
Cleveland - 24
Which I why I set the Total Points Scored at 54.

But there were two problems....
(1) Cleveland never showed up for the game.
(2) SF offense went home at halftime.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
San Francisco 49ers- More Monday Night wins than anyone else! (49 )
Post 30 IP   flag post
601460 32 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?