Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature VSPSignaturesSigning Opportunities

No QC and bad customer service spells disaster for CBCS10125

Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicmansell78
To me, I would see that as a problem with the tech/services being used, when I know there are legitimate complaints out there from multiple sources, that it can not identify an individual's signature (in this case Stan Lee)after a certain point because it becomes too varied for the system to be able to verify. Until I could fix the issue, I would issue a statement or disclaimer stating the situation so as not to have customers upset, and to save time.

I find it funny that you assumed an un-witnessed signature would be automatically verified. A disclaimer? Really? A mispelled name? TWICE? Big Deal! You're just a dude who didn't get the results that he wanted and now your going to try to use social media to punish those who attempted to service you and couldn't. Sounds very Millenial. I absolutely despise this type of behavior, cannot condemn it harshly enough. Go pound sand.

Fixed that for you.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
If I had to subject my books to the all too-well-known risks of shipping again because of a reoccurring error, only to learn I need to do it again because the same error occurred again, I'd be effing pissed off.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector Musicmansell78 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
If I had to subject my books to the all too-well-known risks of shipping again because of a reoccurring error, only to learn I need to do it again because the same error occurred again, I'd be effing pissed off.

Thank you.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

But here's the thing: The OP indicates spending thousands of dollars with CBCS. If that's the case, then the demise of the company and subsequent hit to the brand would presumably have a negative impact on Tens of Thousands of dollars in comics for him alone. It would hurt him, me and presumably you as well as millions of dollars worth of CBCS graded comics. So why the ramped-up rhetoric over label misspellings in a public forum? I understand disappointment and frustration but how can people allow emotion to cause them to work so blatantly against their own best interest? These are public comments that can be found by potential customers. The demise of CBCS would be very disruptive and expense for me and most of us on this forum. When you post comments like the one below, you aren't predicting demise, you are encouraging it:

Their grading is subjective at best, they have terrible customer service that offers no answers other than, "We will solve the issue," which they have proven themselves incapable of doing. Save your money, these guys are no experts.

It's fine to voice complaints and advocate for improvements. But when you go to extremes like this with inflamatory rhetoric you are no longer an ally, you are an adversary. Why treat him as anything else? So now he's saying not going to use CBCS anymore and encouraging others to do the same. Also not going to use CGC. Well good luck with plan C. It was a misspelling of a name on a label! Yes twice. Even three times. Frustrating and disappointing to be sure. But don't burn down the apartment building to force the landlord to make improvements...we all have to live here!
Post 54 IP   flag post
@EbaySeller I get it man. Honestly though, if a friend were to ask me if they should send their book in, I feel like I would tell them about my experiences, and that they can make their own choice, but I personally won't be getting books verified anymore, and would recommend saving the money. My confidence is a bit shaken.
Post 55 IP   flag post

If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Tempest in a teapot. I collected comic books long before the advent of the cgc and CBCS and I suppose I will continue to do so well after their often heralded demise.
Post 56 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

But here's the thing: The OP indicates spending thousands of dollars with CBCS. If that's the case, then the demise of the company and subsequent hit to the brand would presumably have a negative impact on Tens of Thousands of dollars in comics for him alone. It would hurt him, me and presumably you as well as millions of dollars worth of CBCS graded comics. So why the ramped-up rhetoric over label misspellings in a public forum? I understand disappointment and frustration but how can people allow emotion to cause them to work so blatantly against their own best interest? These are public comments that can be found by potential customers. The demise of CBCS would be very disruptive and expense for me and most of us on this forum. When you post comments like the one below, you aren't predicting demise, you are encouraging it:

Their grading is subjective at best, they have terrible customer service that offers no answers other than, "We will solve the issue," which they have proven themselves incapable of doing. Save your money, these guys are no experts.

It's fine to voice complaints and advocate for improvements. But when you go to extremes like this with inflamatory rhetoric you are no longer an ally, you are an adversary. Why treat him as anything else? So now he's saying not going to use CBCS anymore and encouraging others to do the same. Also not going to use CGC. Well good luck with plan C. It was a misspelling of a name on a label! Yes twice. Even three times. Frustrating and disappointing to be sure. But don't burn down the apartment building to force the landlord to make improvements...we all have to live here!

@EbaySeller Well said! Wish I could have given your post more than 3 check marks.
Post 57 IP   flag post
Collector Marximus private msg quote post Address this user
If complaints aren't voiced against poor customer service, improvements will never be made.
Post 58 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
@EbaySeller I feel like issues with misspelled names on labels and failed verification doesnt really hurt anyone but the individual who owns them. They are production and service flaws - but that's why CGC is #1 and CBCS #2. So let @Musicmansell78 vent a little, he has valid arguments and honestly if CBCS isnt listening why not bring it to the forum? I've done the same personally with issues I've faced, and even the forum didnt lead to resolution - so let him vent and take his views as situationally relevant but leave "the future of the comic market" out of the mix. Hah.
Post 59 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Tempest in a teapot. I collected comic books long before the advent of the cgc and CBCS and I suppose I will continue to do so well after their often heralded demise.
true, true.
Post 60 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marximus
If complaints aren't voiced against poor customer service, improvements will never be made.
I agree friend.
Post 61 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I find it funny that you assumed an un-witnessed signature would be automatically verified. A disclaimer? Really? A mispelled name? Big Deal! You're just a dude who didn't get the results that he wanted and now your going to try to use social media to punish those who attempted to service you and couldn't. Sounds very Millenial. I absolutely despise this type of behavior, cannot condemn it harshly enough. Go pound sand.

Post 62 IP   flag post
Thanks again to everyone that responded. I agree this is something that needs to be brought up and discussed and given some light if we ever expect it to get better. For those saying I am trying to burn the house down in spite, you should know that when talking to customer service I posed the same questions to them about how am I supposed to put my faith and hard earned money into a company that is continuing to show it is incapable? Can they provide something that would show some good faith if we are going to salvage any sort of business relationship. The customer service agents response was, "I don't think we are going to have any future business, I just want to get this issue fixed." So even when I try to leave a door open for them to resolve the issue (keep in mind I had not posted anything to the forum yet) they are basically telling me they do not want my business and just want to get this situation resolved and be done with it. Then they don't even resolve it. Sorry, but my concerns and complaints are valid.
Post 63 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
I have to say that I disagree with Everything you posted about CBCS Grading and the Signature verification.

On the other hand I am 100% on your side with the continued in regards to their quality control issues and poor customer service they continually fail to address. It is simply unacceptable to have to send a book back and fourth multiple times for the same lack of quality Control issues.
Post 64 IP   flag post
@BigRedOne1944 I get it, it's a paradox. I want to have faith in their expertise and QC and customer service, but it is really hard when this is the example. I have gone to bat for CBCS in a lot of comic communities so it's not like I am anti what they do. But, I can not deny what has happened and I am one of those guys where I will give you second, and even third chances, but at some point you have to say this isn't in my best interest, or you are just burning yourself.
Post 65 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Signature verification is exactly that.
If a signature can't be verified doesn't mean it's a forged signature. And if it's a Stan Lee signature. Well after reading how he was going the last couple of years of his life and if the stories how the minders were directing him where to sign and what to write while signing is true. Then I'm not surprised it's hard to verify a senior citizens signature when they are in that condition.
With that said misspelling names on a label I chalk up to human error.
When the same book is sent back to fix spelling errors and comes back with still spelling errors where the label should not only have been completely checked but double and triple checked that's not human error.
That's sloppy quality control.
And I believe there is nothing wrong with voicing your dissatisfaction on social media especially a site set up by the business.
Without positive or negative feedback they'd never know how their quality to their customers are going.
Isn't there sites like Yelp ECT that is used to give praise or criticism to restaurants ect. That they can up their game or continue where customers are happy.
Food for thought.😀
Post 66 IP   flag post
@Musicmansell78 Quote:
@BigRedOne1944 I get it, it's a paradox. I want to have faith in their expertise and QC and customer service, but it is really hard when this is the example. I have gone to bat for CBCS in a lot of comic communities so it's not like I am anti what they do. But, I can not deny what has happened and I am one of those guys where I will give you second, and even third chances, but at some point you have to say this isn't in my best interest, or you are just burning yourself.

I totally understand your frustration with the label errors. They screwed up some labels on some of my books as well. They told me to send them back, but it just wasn't worth the hassle.

Im not into signatures on books, so I can't speak on that matter, but Ive always felt confident with the actual grading.

I think the point we can both agree upon is that CBCS's customer service is pretty poor and their lack of addressing it is a black eye on the company. The only thing I can think of is that they simply won't hire enough staff to compete on a professional level.

I have a handful of books floating around at CBCS somewhere since May. I most likely won't being sending anymore until I see some tangible improvement.

Good Luck with your books
Post 67 IP   flag post
******UPDATE********

I wanted to take a moment and give an update, and give credit where credit is due. I finally received my book back, with all names spelled correctly. While my confidence in the customer service was shaken, I should also say that both Darryl and Kendra are, in fact, experts at what they do, and CBCS is lucky to have them. They both helped me at the show getting everything signed and verified, and filling out all the paperwork. When Darryl saw this post up here, he contacted me and got me in touch with Kendra via email at the company. After several email discussions I felt better about the steps being taken to improve the customer service, and safe in returning my book one more time for re-labelling. She personally took care of the issue and got it back to me very fast. If I see a CBCS booth with those two behind the counter, I would feel confident handing them my books in the future.
Post 68 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
******UPDATE********

I wanted to take a moment and give an update, and give credit where credit is due. I finally received my book back, with all names spelled correctly. While my confidence in the customer service was shaken, I should also say that both Darryl and Kendra are, in fact, experts at what they do, and CBCS is lucky to have them. They both helped me at the show getting everything signed and verified, and filling out all the paperwork. When Darryl saw this post up here, he contacted me and got me in touch with Kendra via email at the company. After several email discussions I felt better about the steps being taken to improve the customer service, and safe in returning my book one more time for re-labelling. She personally took care of the issue and got it back to me very fast. If I see a CBCS booth with those two behind the counter, I would feel confident handing them my books in the future.

I agree both of them are assets to the company both have helped me also great people.
Post 69 IP   flag post
@Musicmansell78 I agree about everything except the part about Kendra, she was a nightmare to deal with for me. That being said the employees reachable on the forums, such as Darryl, have always been great to deal with. I think from a slew of budget cuts/adjustments to maintain profit within the Beckett take over, Kendra was taught most things while on the job. Speaking to her when she first started, she was sweet and accommodating, which quickly turned into her being a frazzled jack-of-all trades - dipping her hand into categories she had no experience in. So I wouldn't call her an expert, but when you have a fire up your bum I suppose you need to learn fast or burn. I have seen this story replay over and over at CBCS since their inception, like Kimberly and Jake, those two were bouncing from billing to customer service to shipping on a daily basis and just as unreachable - before they got canned.

I like the cases/notes, Steve is obviously a legend, and the community on the forums here is great. Customer service, billing, and general quality assurance seems to be lacking - such as that comic that had art design creases coming back in low grade, comics being in wrong cases, etc.

It makes me very glad to hear that they sorted it out for you though, I'm always hoping for revealed improvements and actually enjoy reading the good news more than the bad news for CBCS.
Post 70 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Of the 100 books or so I've sent to CBCS over the last few years, none of them came back with issues. CBCS is batting a thousand with me.
Post 71 IP   flag post
Collector wtbmok private msg quote post Address this user
Dropped off 38 books in August but does show up on the Dashboard. Called and Emailed Steve as well as customer service Multiple times never got a straight answer. Shocked at the poor customer service quality.
Post 72 IP   flag post
Collector MarvelousComics private msg quote post Address this user
I have had one label where the "1st" in "1st Appearance" was left off. Did it bother me initially, Yeah. Did it change the grade of the book or did I send it back...No. I could have sent it back, I wouldn't have been wrong to do so.

To me, its like a small dent on a new car. You freak out at first because now it's not "perfect", but it still drives the same, so you just live with it. Now you have something unique if you look at it through Rose Colored Glasses.

On a side note: Customer Service will never get better until it is in Texas and out of India. That, in my opinion, is what is doing the most damage.
Post 73 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
I will say that the general perception of cbcs customer service is definitely not positive. Still seems like a big issue that needs to be addressed. Just about every week we hear something new that went wrong. With cbcs generally fetching less in the aftermarket, poor customer service and it seems they grade harder (which should be a positive but not in terms of selling), I have been leaning towards cgc.

You would think that cbcs would start fetching more in the after market with what I feel is more accurate grading but unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case. I have been looking at different 9.4s of xmen 129. I saw one cgc 9.4 with 4 color breaking spine tics. I have no clue how that could be considered a 9.4 especially when I compared it to another xmen 129 9.4.
Post 74 IP   flag post
I have to confess... nobody has been more critical of CBCS customer service and quality control than I have been in the recent past. that being said.....

I have received two submissions in the last month that have been problem free and much better than past experiences. Including a sub using the 10 day special, which they came through with 5-stars.

Credit where credit is due.... A tip of the hat to CBCS for the lastest Service I have received.

That being said I very much agree with Mountie73 here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountie73

On a side note: Customer Service will never get better until it is in Texas and out of India. That, in my opinion, is what is doing the most damage.
Post 75 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
As I had understood from a few postings via CBCS their customer service is not "in India" . As I understood the response posted they had stated that incoming calls that are overflow or occur at hours when their regular response people aren't able to handle them are indeed routed to a service in India...but I am not of the mind that means their customer service is "in India" Its basically a live answering service and that is all...the intent being so you get a live person rather than a recording.
I do agree the best answer would be to get people hired, staff and build the ability to field calls, and handle incoming customer concerns rather than erecting a catch all and leaving it in place though
Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
As I had understood from a few postings via CBCS their customer service is not "in India" . As I understood the response posted they had stated that incoming calls that are overflow or occur at hours when their regular response people aren't able to handle them are indeed routed to a service in India...but I am not of the mind that means their customer service is "in India" Its basically a live answering service and that is all...the intent being so you get a live person rather than a recording.
I do agree the best answer would be to get people hired, staff and build the ability to field calls, and handle incoming customer concerns rather than erecting a catch all and leaving it in place though

Not to be argumentative, but I call foul on the explanation that it's merely an overflow answering service. I have literally NEVER (since they started using it) got through to US customer support when I have called.

So that answer they gave you is either 1) patently false or 2) there are so many customer service issues at CBCS that ALL their calls get routed to the India "answering service".
Post 77 IP   flag post
that's what was posted, by someone or other in explaining the calls to India thing, I cannot speak to personnal experience however. Others seem able to at times reach customer service members or get people on the line from reading the posts, so it seems a mixed thing ...I keep seeing the name Kendra, and there is a Darryl here in the forum who seems to run down a lot of the issues, so I have to guess neither of those people are operating from India , lending credence to the idea there is some form of customer service operating within the boundaries of the contiguous united states.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
that's what was posted, by someone or other in explaining the calls to India thing, I cannot speak to personnal experience however. Others seem able to at times reach customer service members or get people on the line from reading the posts, so it seems a mixed thing ...I keep seeing the name Kendra, and there is a Darryl here in the forum who seems to run down a lot of the issues, so I have to guess neither of those people are operating from India , lending credence to the idea there is some form of customer service operating within the boundaries of the contiguous united states.

Sounds like the same second hand hearsay non-sense being employed by Congress.

"Can't speak to personnal Experience"....... "However"... Let me put a classic liberal spin on it
Post 79 IP   flag post
Sometimes you can understand people simply by watching them use their agenda to attack other people...

" Cant offer anything valid myself so watch me attack others for doing so "…."However"...Let me advance my political agenda by using a comic forum to attack someone else's political views.
Post 80 IP   flag post
601367 91 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?