Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Pop Culture

Off Topic - What pre 2000 movie would you like to see revamped?10119

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
In one of the facebook groups I belong to, someone asked "What pre 2000 movie would you like to see redone?" I've thought about this and I'd like to see Rocky Horror Picture Show done today but in a different style. Leave the original, musical style alone.

I'm thinking that if they change Transsexual Transylvania to a physical place on earth (city, state, country, etc) instead of a planet, that it could be reworked into a pretty cool drama. Everything would have to take a serious tone, but I think it could be done.

Another option would be to actually turn it into a horror story with Rocky hunting and killing everybody. Dr. Frank-N-Furter could be a seriously demented scientist working with cadavers. Both Magenta and Columbia could be vampires. There is so much potential for an actual horror film there!!!

A third option would be a comedy. It could be a more physical comedy with a lot of teenage humor. Think along the lines of "Who framed Roger Rabbit?" Old time slap stick comedy combined with innuendos and puns.

The last one I thought of was a sci-fi movie. Go over the top sci-fi on it. The setting is in space. The car that breaks down is an injured spaceship that lands on the Doctors planet. Riff Raff and Magenta could be undercover police from Transsexual Transylvania, much like they are in the movie, only their roles could be made bigger.

I'm sure there are other options out there, but these are the ones that are in my brain. I kind of like the horror or drama ones better, but I actually like all three ideas. I'm not sure I've explained my ideas very well, but I hope you get the general idea.

I wanted to explore this thought with more people, so I decided to throw it out here for opinions. What do you think? Or, do you have another movie that you'd like to see revamped? If so, how??
Post 1 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Totally Off topic.

I got suckered into going into interactive version of that movie. They told me since it was my first time if I didnt volunteer to go on stage it would be 100x worse.

I NEVER want to see that movie again, much less remake it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I want a live action Herculoids movie.

I can think of a long list of movies that should not be remade because they got it right the first time.

Not only have I refused to watch the suck fest that is the Longest Yard remake but I have noticed that the original movie has been aired much less frequently in favor of the remake.

Why can't we have nice things (and keep them that way).
Post 3 IP   flag post
@Bronte LOL!!!!!
Post 4 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O

At that point in my life I was EXTREMELY passive. Getting suckered to stage of rocky horror was not nearly as bad as when I got Baptized in a tele-evangical baptist church by accident. Somewhere out there is tape of me getting dunked in front of a live studio audience of 3 floors of a super church.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
The best idea for a movie redo as far as I am concerned would be an updated and more modern take on Creature from the Black Lagoon, done right that could turn into a blockbuster movie I believe.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@Bronte "Baptised by accident?" That sounds like a story!!! Let me guess, the preacher asked "Who wants to get dunked?". You heard the preacher say "Who wants to get drunk?". So, in the line you went!!! LOL!!! I'm joking of course!!!

@Darkseid_of_town Now THAT I could get behind!!!! I love Creech!!!
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O

I'm not a religious person at all. Especially after getting dunked. However, I was with 2 folks I just met and they looked at me when the pastor / reverend asked who wanted to be saved? How the hell was I supposed to know it was a trick question?

I thought they meant from sin. With the look my two friends gave me, I raised my hand. They took me to a heated stall with cotton robes and a mini pool with a handicap bar on the floor so they could reverse dunk you. In all honesty, I had no idea what the hell was happening.

After I was baptized, I was no longer allowed to speak with the couple that brought me there. I was considered a baby Christian and I had to go to school for new recruits....

Oh i met the two folks in the parking lot of a comic book store. My starter in my truck was giving me issues and he helped me get it started. Shows you to never trust strangers outside comic book shops.....
Post 8 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@Jesse_O

I'm not a religious person at all. Especially after getting dunked. However, I was with 2 folks I just met and they looked at me when the pastor / reverend asked who wanted to be saved? How the hell was I supposed to know it was a trick question?

I thought they meant from sin. With the look my two friends gave me, I raised my hand. They took me to a heated stall with cotton robes and a mini pool with a handicap bar on the floor so they could reverse dunk you. In all honesty, I had no idea what the hell was happening.

After I was baptized, I was no longer allowed to speak with the couple that brought me there. I was considered a baby Christian and I had to go to school for new recruits....

Oh i met the two folks in the parking lot of a comic book store. My starter in my truck was giving me issues and he helped me get it started. Shows you to never trust strangers outside comic book shops.....

Just a quick OT question... what denomination was this church?
Post 9 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte Yoo no likey the pelvis thrust to do the time warp? When I broke out of my shell at the show, I thrust the hell out of my pelvis for the time warp after they the used the lipstick on my forehead.

And FYI, Rocky Horror Picture Show is a prime example of when you had to show up in costume for an Aquaman audition and finish out your own movie at the same time. And when both shows weren't exactly your cup of tea, you'll show up as the villain in a modern take for Cinderella staring Drew Barrymore.

This was my reaction to the first time attending the midnight showing.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder

I dont think we can get more off topic than I already have. Luckily Jesse_O seems to be getting a kick out of it.

It was southern Baptist. Jax Florida

Church disbanded. Pastor /reverend was u faithful and a huge scandal erupted fro. What I'm told
Post 11 IP   flag post
@JustThatGuy

Umm.... no. I tried blending with the curtains. I did bare minimum to get off stage as soon as possible.

I dont drink, but I wish I coulda killed the brain cells holding the memories of that night
Post 12 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder @Bronte Where we get into trouble with topics is when people start voicing opinions (especially as fact), take offense when none was meant or when one person attacks another. There are others, but those seem to be the big three areas where things go sideways. As long as someone is sharing their own personal experience in a civil manner, most topics are fine to discuss.
Post 13 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
TMNT, rated R live action, nothing to do with Michael Bay or excessive CGI. I'm too stoopid to elaborate.
Post 14 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
I would like to see a remake of The Lawnmower Man. I thought the plot, cast, acting, and directing was excellent, but I would like to see it redone using today's virtual technology as opposed to 1992.
Post 15 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O - During my junior year of college, they would play the Rocky Horror Picture Show every Sunday night in one of the auditoriums. We would bring newspapers, water pistols, toilet paper, toast, and other props to use, and of course, cigarette lighters. Ah, the good old days!

I wonder if they could pull off a big budget remake in the Men In Black humor mold?
Post 16 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Or how about:

Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Red_Blade private msg quote post Address this user
Most I enjoyed have already been. But one that hasn't yet would probably be Demolition Man (1993).

I also enjoyed Maniac Cop, and heard they're already working on a reboot. But from what I've heard I don't like the direction they're taking with the reboot at all.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Beetlejuice - update it and make it a non-campy non-Tim Burton movie. All the crap with the Otho needs to be thrown out and reworked. Make Otho a ghost hunter on some "f-list" network who is a fraud. I'd cast Winona Ryder and Johnny Depp as the Maitland couple. Then I'd cast Dave Chappelle as Beetlejuice. If he didn't want it then I'd let Bill Burr be the character. I'd make them shoot the scene as written and then let the cameras roll while they improvised after that to see what they'd come up with.
Post 19 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
I still love the original, but I'd be interested in seeing a well-done remake of the old 1960s movie "Fantastic Voyage."

Special effects based on modern understanding of human anatomy (let the Raquel Welch comments commence!!), updated plot reflecting the current state of politics in the world... I'd go for that.

Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Enough with the remakes...unless you are talking about tmnt and transformers
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Or how about:

I just watched that movie about 5 days ago.... Haha
Post 22 IP   flag post
I swore no more comics, then this happened. PaulPop private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
I NEVER want to see that movie again, much less remake it.

You're not alone in that opinion.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I'd like to see a remake of Forbidden Planet. James Cameron and J. Michael Straczynski were linked to development for awhile. It all fell by the wayside.

Old article:
https://forums.superherohype.com/threads/forbidden-planet-remake-with-jms.314008/page-2

Post 24 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
Beetlejuice - update it and make it a non-campy non-Tim Burton movie. All the crap with the Otho needs to be thrown out and reworked. Make Otho a ghost hunter on some "f-list" network who is a fraud. I'd cast Winona Ryder and Johnny Depp as the Maitland couple. Then I'd cast Dave Chappelle as Beetlejuice. If he didn't want it then I'd let Bill Burr be the character. I'd make them shoot the scene as written and then let the cameras roll while they improvised after that to see what they'd come up with.

Ha!!! I'd pay to see that!!
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
A few movies from my drive in days as a child worth a remake...although one at least has been redone rather horribly t00....The original movie Valley of the Gwangi is a classic that would benefit from modern special effects and another, the Land that Time forgot, which was remade and was garbage...
Post 26 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Willow
Abyss
Blackhole
Dune

further adventures of "Time Bandits"??? like some new helpers find the map and a kid joins up for an adventure?

Time Bandits by the way....I could watch from now to the end of time
Post 27 IP   flag post
Buck Rogers = bring back Twiki!!!
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I want a continuation of ‘Romancing The Stone’ with Michael Douglas and Danny DeVito returning to track down another treasure.

It could be a reboot of sorts, like Scream 4 was intended to be a re-introduction for a new generation.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Not sure what year it was from but it sucked and was a shame for a great character.

Remake Jonah Hex!!!!
Post 30 IP   flag post
601455 55 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?