Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Pop Culture

Off Topic - What pre 2000 movie would you like to see revamped?10119

Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
A few movies from my drive in days as a child worth a remake...although one at least has been redone rather horribly t00....The original movie Valley of the Gwangi is a classic that would benefit from modern special effects and another, the Land that Time forgot, which was remade and was garbage...
Post 26 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Willow
Abyss
Blackhole
Dune

further adventures of "Time Bandits"??? like some new helpers find the map and a kid joins up for an adventure?

Time Bandits by the way....I could watch from now to the end of time
Post 27 IP   flag post
Buck Rogers = bring back Twiki!!!
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I want a continuation of ‘Romancing The Stone’ with Michael Douglas and Danny DeVito returning to track down another treasure.

It could be a reboot of sorts, like Scream 4 was intended to be a re-introduction for a new generation.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Not sure what year it was from but it sucked and was a shame for a great character.

Remake Jonah Hex!!!!
Post 30 IP   flag post

Oh oh oh!!!!! Nick Cage horrible, carnage movies!!

Remake Ghost Rider!!!!
Post 31 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics Definitely Ghost Rider!!
Post 32 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Jaws is a classic but what do you think about remaking it with todays technology?
Post 33 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
The Phantom
The Rocketeer
They Live
Back to the future series
Christine (sequel)
Donnie Darko
Black Moon Rising
The Wraith
Beetlejuice
Roger Rabbit
From Beyond
Rolling Thunder
Moon Trap
They Call Her One Eye
Breakfast Club
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector peterc777 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Jaws is a classic but what do you think about remaking it with todays technology?

Made me think of this:

Post 35 IP   flag post
@peterc777 lol!!!!!!!!!! 🍻
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector peterc777 private msg quote post Address this user
I think it's post-2000, but I'd love to see The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen made into a series on HBO or Netflix.
Post 37 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Damnation Alley anyone? anyone?
Laserblast?

These movies need a makeover because they royally su-ucked.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Maximum overdrive!
Post 39 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Maximum overdrive!

Would you want them to bring back Emilio?
Post 40 IP   flag post
Umm no probably not so much
Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Laserblast?

These movie need a makeover because they royally su-ucked.

I've never seen Damnation Alley, but I have (or had) a promo t-shirt for the movie that was too small to wear when I got it. I always wanted to wear that shirt.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
The Phantom
The Shadow
Post 43 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
Laserblast?

I've never seen Damnation Alley, but I have (or had) a promo t-shirt for the movie that was too small to wear when I got it. I always wanted to wear that shirt.

that's too bad, 'cause at the time sci-fi was dead in the water and no one was making movies so I watched whatever came out and apparently the poster (and your t-shirt) made promises that the movie couldn't keep. But the poster looked AWESOME.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb
The Phantom
The Shadow

I never read the comics of either one of these characters but they have always intrigued me. I did see The Shadow movie and there were parts of it I really enjoyed. don't know if they were true to the comic though.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
Laserblast?

that's too bad, 'cause at the time sci-fi was dead in the water and no one was making movies so I watched whatever came out and apparently the poster (and your t-shirt) made promises that the movie couldn't keep. But the poster looked AWESOME.

I loved the shirt.

Another promo shirt that I was able to wear was a Blues Brothers shirt with a silhouette of Belushi & Akroyd.
Post 46 IP   flag post
@X51, “Another promo shirt that I was able to wear was a Blues Brothers shirt with a silhouette of Belushi & Akroyd.”

That’s a rad movie.
Post 47 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
They Live..."I came here to chew bubble gum and kick a$$....and I'm all out of bubble gum"
Soylent Green
Logan's Run
Enemy Mine
Darkman
Trancers
Demolition Man
Post 48 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMania
They Live..."I came here to chew bubble gum and kick a$$....and I'm all out of bubble gum"
Soylent Green
Logan's Run
Enemy Mine
Darkman
Trancers
Demolition Man

I like your list with 1 exception, Soilent green, I dig it as is.
Post 49 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMania

Darkman

Hadn't thought of this in awhile. One of my favorite movie characters as a kid.
Post 50 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
THEM!
Forbidden Planet
Barbarella
The Illustrated Man
A Boy and His Dog
Phantasm
The Toxic Avenger
Lifeforce
Weird Science
The Driller Killer
Post 51 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Demon Seed
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Cat People
Post 52 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Honestly, none. The 20th century movies that I love ARE loved because they work in their time. Like Seven/SE7EN. Modern times and technology just don't mashup well with vintage ideas.
Post 53 IP   flag post
I swore no more comics, then this happened. PaulPop private msg quote post Address this user
I know it's after 2000, but how about a decent John Carter of Mars movie.

And At the Earths Core while we're at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
Demon Seed
Quite obscure, but you're right. Loved the book. Movie was almost unrecognizable.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulPop
I know it's after 2000, but how about a decent John Carter of Mars movie.

The movie was a total botch job, I love the books and was excited to see the movie. The effects are great but the story suh-uhcked!
Post 55 IP   flag post
600839 55 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?