Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedQuestions

Newbie’s Guide to Tracking your Order10103

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Here’s a short guide for new users I hope people find useful. It covers the tools available for tracking your order as well as accessing Grader’s Notes after your order is conplete. Of course contacting CBCS via phone (844.384.4777) or email (customerservice@cbcscomics.com) is always an option.

Please let me know if you see any inaccuracies so I can correct them.

Thank you!

Tracking your Order

Once your books are delivered to CBCS it could take a day or two before they are added to the system. Once they are added you should receive an email from CBCS stating that the books have been received. This is the point when your turnaround time countdown clock will begin.

If you submitted your books at a convention it could take a week or more after the end of the show for the books to be added and the email sent. As far as your turnaround time, if you submitted at a convention, regardless of when you get the email from CBCS, your turnaround will begin on the Wednesday after the end of the show.

Once the books are received, our order Status will also change to "Processing." This is the status of your entire order and it will remain in this until they have shipped from CBCS so do not worry if this status does not change.

Please note that pressing is currently not tracked on the website so after the books are “Received” you won’t see any status updates until the books enter “Grading.”

If you click on invoice, you will see a list of books on the order divided by tier. At the top of each tier you will have a status specific to that tier. When the invoice is initially created these statuses will all read "Submitted." Once the books are received, these statuses will change to "Received." Tiers will remain in this status until they enter the "Grading" status at which point you should receive another email indicating the status change and will receive additional emails for subsequent status changes. After grading comes "Shipping" when the books are preparing to ship and "Complete" once the books have left CBCS.

The status updates given above are a bit general. If you open up the invoice itself you can find a bit updates that are a bit more granular. These include statuses like "Labels" or "Encapsulation" but it's worth noting that these statuses can change repeatedly as the order may go back and forth through various statuses as individual books make their way through the process.

Once your order has reached the "Completed" stage, the Grader's Notes will be available for viewing.

Once the order changes to "Complete" status it will be moved out of your dashboard. The individual books will appear in the "Recently Graded" section of your Dashboard and under the "My Comics" tab along with the grade and label color. Click on the book's serial number to be directed to the grader's notes. Be aware that the My Comics tab will only show your 100 most recent books.

Grader's notes are still available in your account by going to the "Order History" tab, finding the appropriate invoice, then clicking the small eye icon next to a book.

Of course, if you have the book's serial number you can always use the search function located on CBCS' main page or beneath the tabs on the left side of your account.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite

Very cool you took the time to write that up.

One thing I wish CBCS would do is to put up an approximate ETA on pressing. By approximate it can be 2-3 months or even 2-4 months. whatever. Just to give a time table of expectations.

Personally, I could really care less. To me I know what I'm getting is quality so I'm willing to wait however long it takes. However. Some folks dont have that luxury or are skittish about being separated from their beloved for prolonged periods of time. That might give them a more realistic time to check, vs the daily or hourly download invoice and pray for an update ritual.
Post 2 IP   flag post
@Bronte Right now I’d like them to add pressing statuses to match the grading so you know what facility and queue your books are in.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite

I've had a few orders that pressed books. Although others have mentioned seeing it, I have NEVER seen pressing as a status.

But I agree.it would be nice,
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Ambush_Bug private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite
Is there an average time, approximately, that it takes between the "Ready for Shipping" and "Shipped" statuses?
I received a notice that my books were ready to be shipped one week ago.
Just curious.
thanks for the write up.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@Ambush_Bug In my experience I usually received the “Shipped” email the same day or the day after I receive the “Complete” email so a week does seem a bit unusual.

I can think of couple of things that could affect this. I believe the Complete email may be specific to individual tiers so if you have different tiers on your order with very different turnaround times (say a standard modern and a 2-day modern) you might receive a Complete email for the 2-day modern and then receive a complete email for the standard modern several weeks later before the books ship. I am not entirely certain of this though as I don’t typically send multiple tiers.

Also, I noticed the Canadian flag above your username. Did you submit your books via CBCS Canada? I believe they wait until they’ve gathered enough orders and then ship the orders to/from Canada in bulk. That could also be the cause of your delay.

If neither of these apply then I would recommend giving CBCS a call just to make sure something wasn’t overlooked.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thanks,

Yes indeed, I am in Canada. That might be the issue.
Plus I also submitted other books to be pressed. I assumed they'd be sent back as separate shipments, but maybe that's not the case. Anyway, I'm really just curious about their grades, more than receiving them right away.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Ambush_Bug Definitely check the “Completed” email. It will list the tiers it is referring to (something like ##-#######-MD for a Modern tier). That way you can at least tell which books are done and if your order is waiting on additional tiers to be completed or if there is some delay in shipping (like the CBCS Canada bulk shipping thing)
Post 8 IP   flag post
Thanks again
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Interesting- I never got an email for my books submitted at SDCC. My dashboard has shown SUBMITTED since about a week after the show. If I'm reading the OP correctly, I should be seeing PROCESSING by now.
Still shows a balance due even though I paid cash at the show. Dashboard still shows no indication whatsoever that these books are from Mike Royer's personal collection.

Thanks for the post @dielinfinite. I was hoping I could just submit a couple books and wait for them, but from the get go red flags are popping up. It's good to know I should probably expect... something... other than just waiting for what I paid for- I don't like [those kinds of] surprises.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@Siggy I’m sorry the status hasn’t updated. I got the Received email for my SDCC books on the 26th of July so there is definitely some kind of delay. Did you generate the invoice on your account ahead of time or did you fill out the form by hand at the show?

I wouldn’t worry about the fact that there is no indication of Mike Royer Collection on the invoice as the invoice does not list all the various notes that can appear on the label.

In the following book, for example, the fact that Linsner colored the cover never appeared on the invoice. I had submitted it as a signature, printed the invoice, and then wrote on the invoice that he also colored it.

Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@Siggy I’m sorry the status hasn’t updated. I got the Received email for my SDCC books on the 26th of July so there is definitely some kind of delay. Did you generate the invoice on your account ahead of time or did you fill out the form by hand at the show?

I wouldn’t worry about the fact that there is no indication of Mike Royer Collection on the invoice as the invoice does not list all the various notes that can appear on the label.

In the following book, for example, the fact that Linsner colored the cover never appeared on the invoice. I had submitted it as a signature, printed the invoice, and then wrote on the invoice that he also colored it.

Jake filled out the form at the show and wrote, "From Mike Royer's personal collection per Jake".
Post 12 IP   flag post
@Siggy So yeah, you won’t see “Mike Royer Collection” on the dashboard anywhere but they should be on the label.

I do wonder if maybe the fact that it was a paper order form is the reason you didn’t get the email since CBCS had to input and generate the invoice number internally
Post 13 IP   flag post
I'm thinking along the same lines. I get the impression how I did it, and what I submitted aren't the norm.
I'll remain patient (it's gonna take time no matter what) and expect a headache later, and if it doesn't happen and all is well- Bonus!
Post 14 IP   flag post
CBCS Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
@Siggy is the SDCC order pressing?
Post 15 IP   flag post
CBCS Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
@Ambush_Bug Canadian orders will ship back to the Canadian office then sent out to the customers, so there will be some delay I would imagine.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl_H
@Siggy is the SDCC order pressing?

Yes, they're to be pressed. I realize that slows things down considerably, and I've been cool with that since before they were subbed. Does the dashboard not show 'RECEIVED' until after the press, when they're to be graded?

My true concern is the Provenance being mentioned on the label.
And getting the books back The OP just made some points that didn't match my experience so far.

@dielinfinite Were your SDCC books getting pressed?
Post 17 IP   flag post
@Siggy Mine were not, but I did create my invoice online ahead of time.
Post 18 IP   flag post
274733 18 18
destitute