Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
MemorabiliaPop CultureWant to Buy

WTB 1976 Godzilla vs. Megalon newsprint promo comic10098

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone have one for sale? It’s an Anniversary gift for a friend.

I would grab the one on e-bay for $65, but the seller was just a tad condescending when I messaged him.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
Ha! Maybe we should add him to the list? Just kidding, but really no one want to give a jerk their money. I could never understand how any business wether it be a big box store, LCS, or an eBay vendor could be short, rude, or condescending to any potential customer.

Whenever that happened to me I just walk back out the door and never return. There just are way to many options these days to take guff from some swine.

@00slim My apologies for going off topic here. I do not have this book for sale, but it sounds like a cool book. You are a very considerate friend to seek such a cool gift. Good luck!
Post 2 IP   flag post
@Noblebeast315 Thanks. Yeah, I hope to make a deal on one. My friend is just a die hard Godzilla fan, and it’s just a unique Godzilla item I’m sure he’d appreciate.

As far as the seller? I haven’t blocked him yet. But I won’t be doing business with him. If he responds to my last message harshly, I certainly will add him to my official “Blocked” list.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Alternatively, if anyone has Godzilla #1 from the original Marvel series slabbed at 9.4-9.6, I’d be interested.
Post 4 IP   flag post
One bump for good measure.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Now I'm wondering if I know your friend.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@X51 Probably not. He’s an enthusiastic fan with an encyclopedic knowledge of the character and film series, but he isn’t very active in the collecting community.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
There's a nice slabbed Godzilla #1 on eBay in 9.6 with Doug Moench's signature, but I'm pretty sure the seller is firm on the asking price. I offered $95 and he turned it down without a counter.

clickable text

And a 9.6 unsigned for $99.95 BIN

clickable text
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint_Monk
There's a nice slabbed Godzilla #1 on eBay in 9.6 with Doug Moench's signature, but I'm pretty sure the seller is firm on the asking price. I offered $95 and he turned it down without a counter.

clickable text

And a 9.6 unsigned for $99.95 BIN

clickable text

Appreciate the heads up. I’ve been monitoring e-bay fairly regularly. Thanks for the links, though!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
@X51 Probably not. He’s an enthusiastic fan with an encyclopedic knowledge of the character and film series, but he isn’t very active in the collecting community.

I have a friend who wrote a price guide on Godzilla collectibles. He never mentioned this comic to me. That doesn't mean anything of course.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
I had a friend/customer send me photocopies of this book about four years back. I sent the information into Overstreet giving credit to Obie for having found it. So the price guide now lists it & Obie got his name listed in the OPG for an issue.

I had never seen it before either. It's definitely hard to find and potentially under priced. While it's only a four page giveaway, it is still the first appearance of Godzilla in comics in the USA. Seeing as how it was a give away promo at movie theaters there may have been quite a few printed. But the survival rate has to really low.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Nice graded copies have sold for less than you might imagine. They typically sell, raw, in the $50-$100 range.

Some decent scans of the mag are provided at the bottom of this article:

clickable text
Post 12 IP   flag post
597869 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?