Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Modern AgeSignatures

Current Turnaround on Yellow Label Books and additional question10095

Collector HarveyScorp private msg quote post Address this user
Hello,

I have a store that I paid for some yellow label books from the Seattle Emerald City ComiCon back in mid March. The store submitted the books at the ECCC show or shortly there after. We are just a few days short of 6 months since the invoice was paid and the books were submitted. The store is telling me that they still have not received my books back from CBCS.

If the books were not fastpass, should it take this long (6+ months)? I'm waiting for a status update from the store.

Some what new at submitting books.

Thanks.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
Ask the store for your invoice number. Try looking up the invoice on the website. Then try emailing customer svc if you cannot find it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@cyrano0521 Customer Service can’t provide details if his name isn’t on the invoice, which is one of the downsides of submitting via a shop and not on your own account.

@HarveyScorp The short answer is no. CBCS’ turnaround time has been about 5 weeks for some time now. My books submitted at SDCC in mid/late July were back in hand before the end of August.

What could’ve possibly happened was that the shop included books that were being pressed along with books that weren’t on the same invoice which could’ve slowed everything down.

As @cyrano0521 suggested, if you do have the CBCS invoice number you could try searching for the invoice number via the grader’s notes search function on the CBCS site (add “-001” at the end without the quotes) and see if it returns anything. If it does, then the books should’ve been shipped already. If nothing comes back then CBCS hasn’t shipped the books and your shop owner should contact them to see what’s going on.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite

Well. I guess you’re lucky
I have books I submitted on May 14...June 9
& June 15. That still show received.
Seems everything was going great until they started the specials then the anchor started to drag the bottom. Lol. You’d think the older orders would be prioritized. But the 6 week turnaround specials have jumped ahead. And so we Wait.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlift
@dielinfinite

Well. I guess you’re lucky
I have books I submitted on May 14...June 9
& June 15. That still show received.
Seems everything was going great until they started the specials then the anchor started to drag the bottom. Lol. You’d think the older orders would be prioritized. But the 6 week turnaround specials have jumped ahead. And so we Wait.

Current turn around times on all regular submissions are 5 weeks or less.
Is this pressing?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Red_Blade private msg quote post Address this user
Sounds like Asia turnaround time. Here it takes MONTHS (around 6 months yeah) for books to return if sent through LCS.
They're sent via ships to and from the US. Unless you wanna pay premium which would take fewer months (to a few weeks maybe). But the price you pay for ONE slabbed book would be tripled or quadrupled as a result.
Post 6 IP   flag post
600887 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?