Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkArt Sketch CoversComics Modern AgePop CultureSignatures

The TMNT 2016 SDCC Mega Bloks Time Capsule1009

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I'm about to unleash something to the world FEW have seen. I am excited to share it here with you all, whom I consider colleagues of elite collectibles and highly sought after gems. Sometimes historical pieces are what get me really excited. Most Time Capsules sold at auction by Kevin go anywhere from $300-$500 tyically. This one however is for a comic book of a very very small print run for the attendees of this years convention only. Without further ado, here we go...

I received my 2016 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle TMNT SDCC Mega Block #1B Time Capsule today via FEDEX. Let's take a journey shall we? Here's what a $960 sheet of paper looks like:

2016 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle TMNT SDCC Mega Block #1 Original Cover Art 8 1/2" x 11" Sheet of Paper Drawn by Kevin Eastman

Here's the time capsule package:

2016 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle TMNT SDCC Mega Block #1 Original Cover Art Sheet of Paper 8 1/2" x 11" Drawn by Kevin Eastman with Time Capsule containing a gold signed edition of the IDW Comic Book Issue #1, an unsigned copy of the same comic book, signed photos and a Turtle Tracks letter of thanks.

2016 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle TMNT SDCC Mega Block #1 Original Cover Art Sheet of Paper 8 1/2" x 11" Drawn by Kevin Eastman with Time Capsule containing a gold signed edition of the IDW Comic Book Issue #1, an unsigned copy of the same comic book, signed photos and a Turtle Tracks letter of thanks.

Original 1983 Press Release introducing the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Signed 8 1/2" x 11" Photo of Kevin Eastman with David Forman who played Leonardo in the 1990 Jim Henson Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movie.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle TMNT Time Capsule containing a copy of the original drawing of all four turtles together in a group shot for Press Release Packets in 1983.

Turtle Tracks form letter of thanks signed by Kevin Eastman.

I got a frame made for it before it arrived. 2016 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle TMNT SDCC Mega Block #1 Original Cover Art Sheet of Paper 8 1/2" x 11" Drawn by Kevin Eastman inside custom blue matte with custom white frame.

OKAY, so now here's where it gets REALLLLLY interesting. I mentioned via ebay to Fiona his office assistant that I bought on presale order Heavy Metal #281 which is Kevin Eastman's first solor cover on his own magazine. I told her I wanted a signed copy but there wasn't one offered. She said Kevin told her to put one in the capsule via ebay messages. Well, to my astonishment, here's what I ACTUALLY got:

I didn't get the magazine. Instead, holy schnikes, I got a 2016 Heavy Metal #281 Color 8 1/4" x 11 3/4" ARTIST'S PROOF signed by KEVIN EASTMAN and his wife, COURTNEY EASTMAN! SUPER MEGA TURBO RARE! (Kevin Eastman's first solo cover of his own magazine) Courtney is the model by which April O' Neil was conceived and now the model on the cover of this magazine! (By the way, google her, she is extremely beautiful)

Courtney Eastman signature: (I cannot stress enough how rare that is)

And LAST BUT NOT LEAST....

The crown jewel, icing on the cake:

2016 TMNT Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle UNIVERSE #1 Color 8 1/4" x 11 3/4" ARTIST'S PROOF signed in gold by KEVIN EASTMAN before the comic book is even released to the public!

Shh don't tell anyone I showed you the TMNT Universe #1 Eastman cover yet.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Very cool man. Turtles aren't my thing but seeing you get excited and share your pieces with us makes my inner collector smile. Bravo.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Ram_Jam private msg quote post Address this user
When will all this be for sale?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
@MR_SigS
Here's another for your surrounded collection.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke
Wow, that's some pretty special stuff there.
Congrats!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector SilverAgeFan private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke, Mykey, I know you're the biggest TMNT fan on the planet! To experience your reaction and see your excitement is wonderful. I'm totally thrilled for you. Congratulations!!!!🍻🍻
Post 6 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram_Jam
When will all this be for sale?

Great question! This is not for sale. Probably not ever. I have a permanent collection of Turtles and a re-seller collection of toys and comics. I place my doubles or unsigned copies in the re-seller collection when I get official items from Kevin or Peter.
Post 7 IP   flag post
by they way I also got more toys today from Peter Laird. I don't want to bore you guys with all those but you can always google my tmnt collection if you want to see ALL of it. I'm easy to find

However, I do want to show THIS one. I never knew this existed! This is a 1994 re-release of a 1989 ACE DUCK with Hat ON variant. What's unusual is that A. It's a re-relase card. and B. It has a collector card. and C. It has the hat ON. Very usual and I never knew of it's existence. Peter Laird was hiding one in the basement of Mirage Studios in one of the last boxes of toys and items they have to sell before closing the doors down for good.

Here it is:

Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector huskershawn69 private msg quote post Address this user
very cool
Post 9 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome stuff!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Fiona his office manager emailed outside of ebay asking to use my photos for his blog! As soon as I find it I'll post the link. Way cool. I also took this time to communicate further asking for any of his prototypes or unreleased toys he'd be willing to part with at a good price. Awaiting response.
Post 11 IP   flag post
598060 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?