Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1 IP   flag post
If the Dolphins play the Jets this year, can they both lose???
Post 2 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O

Maybe they could tie with no score.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user

Post 4 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Who won week 2? I only got 8 and am clearly too lazy to count the other votes
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user

Post 7 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Post 8 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Who won week 2? I only got 8 and am clearly too lazy to count the other votes

It looks like it was michaelekrupp with 11 wins
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
@PhantomEwan also went 11-5.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user

Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user

Another interesting week. 7 games have point spreads of less than 6 point. 7 games have point spreads between 6 and 8 points. And only 2 games have double digit point spreads. I've picked way too many home teams this week. Survivor pool pick is Dallas.
Post 12 IP   flag post

Post 13 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O Dolphins and Jets play each other twice. Both teams have to be looking at those games as their best chance to avoid 0-16. At least the Jets have Lev Bell. I don’t think the Dolphins have anything to give their fan base hope.

@Studley_Dudley Very bold calling a tie. I like it!
Post 14 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user

Post 15 IP   flag post
The Giants have benched Eli Manning, and Daniel Jones will be starting QB beginning week 3. This should be interesting.
Post 16 IP   flag post
I’m sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user
Ok, lets see how this works:

Post 17 IP   flag post
Ok, I'll start posting the winners with each new card every week. Week #1 winner was @michaelekrupp. Week #2 was tied between @michaelekrupp and @PhantomEwan.

This week, I looked at the odds and man are there a bunch that are close!!! I believe that any game that 6 or more points spread, I went with the odds. Under that, I went that on my own knowledge, instict and gut. Let's see how that works out. LOL!!!!

Post 18 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder @michaelekrupp can we get your guesses for the total points Monday night in case there is a tie? Thanks!
Post 19 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O Before we move on to week 3 I wanted to go back to the Packers/ Vikings game for a minute. I had a chance to watch the game on GamePass last night. That was definitely an interesting call that went against the Vikings on the overturned TD. It appears that making PI reviewable has opened something of a Pandora’s box. That call was certainly something that I never contemplated happening. It was a legit call, for sure. Cook started blocking in the end zone before the ball arrived, denying the defender an opportunity to make a play on the ball. Clearly offensive pass interference. What is interesting is that the officials on the field missed the call and it was caught on the routine review of every scoring play. Obviously that is within the parameter of the new PI rule. I don’t think anyone saw this coming until it actually happened, but I won’t be surprised if that situation comes up again over the course of the season. It will probably come up more often than them changing a non call on a coach’s challenge. Definitely something to watch. I guess the moral of the story is that sometimes it’s better to leave well enough alone.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Oh, and I will go with 27 points.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Monday = 44 total points

Also, evidently Colin Kaepernick's agent has been in touch with Pittsburgh, New Orleans, and Cleveland.
Post 22 IP   flag post
@michaelekrupp It may have technically been the right call, but it is also one of those areas that typically falls into the "let them play" area. Regardless, the Vikes did enough wrong to lose that game. Diggs taking off his helmet should NEVER have happened!!!! He made it so that the PAT was blocked. That was all Digg's fault IMO. And the kicker missed an early FG from 47 yards out. I know that is a bit of a stretch, but he should have nailed it. Plus there was a pass interference non-call that the Vikes should have red flagged but didn't. I forget exactly when, but even the commentators mentioned it. It would have resulted in a Vikes 1st down. And honestly, I believe the refs at Lameau are tougher on the visiting team than on the Packers. Either that or the field is cursed and visiting teams make more fouls than they do at any other stadium. LOL!!

There were other things that bothered me. I was irate until sometime Monday evening. Now I've simmered down and pushed most of that game from my memory!!!! LOL!!! Next time, hit me up the day after while I'm still in Hulk mode!!! LOL
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Monday = 44 total points

Also, evidently Colin Kaepernick's agent has been in touch with Pittsburgh, New Orleans, and Cleveland.

In addition to what I mentioned above concerning CK,.. he has been reaching out to these teams (and others),.. they have not been contacting him. Which leads me to believe that nobody really wants him. If he does get signed, it's going to be another social media dramatization on all outlets. UGH
Post 24 IP   flag post
I think at this point he has made himself a pariah. He is not Antonio Brown; the benefits of signing Kap are far, far outweighed by the drama. Plus he said some really not very nice things about the league, how he was blacklisted, etc. It’s never a good idea to bite the hand that feeds you.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Tennessee seems to be my kryptonite. I have now called their game wrong 3 weeks in a row😑. Props to Jacksonville for being the better team tonight.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Saw Drew Brees with his cast on in Los Angeles today but was too chicken to ask him for a picture.
Post 27 IP   flag post
I totally forgot there was a game last night.
Post 28 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O

Since they play each other twice it is entirely possible.

I think we are a 5 point underdog to the bye week.

Our future may be bright but it is going to be a long year for my Jets.

Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelekrupp
Tennessee seems to be my kryptonite. I have now called their game wrong 3 weeks in a row😑. Props to Jacksonville for being the better team tonight.

Thursday games are my kryptonite. I'm now 0-3 of Thursday night games.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601466 52 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?