Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

What comics from the last 4-5 years is going to be a major collector's item10070

Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
I'm with the majority here.

Immortal Hulk at number one. We all know the reasons for the Hulk title being hot.

Canto at number two. Great story, and characters. Could easily be a cartoon movie that would have a huge following.

That's my two cents.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Tank Girl #1 will be hot right up to the point the movie comes out or the movie gets halted in development. That's at least 12 to 24 months of movement on the book.

Anyone heard any news on the Spawn movie front? It has been in pre-production for awhile. The Jamie Fox casting announcement was in May 2018.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@Towmater I haven't heard any new news on Spawn. Jamie Fox.... psshhhh... they would be better off casting Jamie Kennedy.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Rick and Morty for me rings the same bells as Ren and Stempy, Beavis and Butthead and a dozen others . They come and go and flash for awhile then crash even harder usually . Time will tell and no offense at all to your guesses, I just see too many similarities to other properties.....SpongeBob anyone?

I agree with your thoughts on Immortal hulk for sure, it seems to just keep up growing and grabbing new people in...nice choices regardless !!!

No offense at all taken to your reply. I enjoy the discussion!

I think the major difference between Rick and Morty 1 and the other similar properties you mention is the number printed. Ren & Stimpy and Beavis and Butthead were printed by Mighty Marvel, not Omni. And they were printed in the mid 1990's, when new comics were being heavily speculated on. IDK what the sales figures were on these books, but I think it's reasonable to believe sales of these first issues were way, way north of 100,000 copies. When interest slows down, there's a big difference between 7,000 copies and 200,000 copies in the market.

As for Spongebob 1, that book actually doesn't belong in the same class as the other two we are discussing. Published 2011, this book actually brings a couple of hundred bucks in 9.8 and raw copies on eBay - though it varies - typically fetch $25-$60. And the title is still being published (up to about issue 90?) where Beavis and Ren managed just two year runs.

I'm a vintage guy so am generally cynical of "new comics as an investment". But having discussed it, Sponge Bob might not be a bad choice - if one is choosing from recent books. It is a few years past the OP's 4-5 year criteria though.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrashSmurf
This question is too easy. There is already a book that's super hot which has already sold for over $100

You guys need to get this before it goes supernova
17000 copies in census. Over ten thousand copies graded at 9.0 or higher. Dropping like a stone in gpa ( notice all the down Arrows)
in nearly every grade. Yeah imma pass sorry..

PS also much older than past five years
Yep right over my head..I missed it entirely, sorry Brash my bad.
Post 80 IP   flag post

Collector BrashSmurf private msg quote post Address this user
It's cool

I just posted this because of multiple sales of over $50 for a reprint
Post 81 IP   flag post
601455 81 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?