Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector tonyz58 private msg quote post Address this user
Are raw graded books graded with the same criteria as a regularly graded book with slab,looked upon with,if not the same, at least a higher value than an ungraded book? The only difference is the slab! I've never seen any in auctions and for books with a certain value are a lot cheaper to grade. I am new to this as you can tell.
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Actually the slab is not the only difference. While the actual grade is arrived to using the same grading scale, Raw grade books do not go through the same restoration check as fully slabbed books, which is especially important to people dealing in books worth thousands of dollars.

Additionally, the slab itself is significant because the book is less likely to be damaged and more likely to retain the grade it was assigned. While a mylar bag and board may be sufficient to protect a book that is spending most of it’s time safely in a box, books that are going to be handled and shipped (from CBCS to the seller and from the seller to a subsequent buyer) may inspire less confidence from potential sellers that the book has retained the condition on the label
Post 2 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
To see Raw Grade selling prices go to Ebay's advanced search and choose the "sold listings only" option for the term Raw Grade.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
There IS a top dollar amount for books that can be raw graded. I believe it is $250, but I could be wrong. But if the comic is valued over that amount, then it needs to be submitted the regular way to get slabbed.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector tonyz58 private msg quote post Address this user
thanks appreciate it
Post 5 IP   flag post
600866 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?