Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics MagazinesComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

Weekly cover contest #159 - Evil Twin10049

I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
The best way to win the contest, and ultimately do it several times is to participate.

I can't speak for anyone else but I put up a cover every single week (from the beginning) even if I am busy or on the road or when I am late to the game and it seems that all of the best covers have been taken.

You gotta be in it to win it.
Post 76 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
I try to keep my entries in the GA/Pre-Code era as opposed to all comic book eras, which puts me at a disadvantage. But that's okay, I'm having fun with it.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
According to those that chimed in

KatKomics - never won
CatCovers - never won
Lenovations - 35 weeks until a winner
Me- 34 weeks

Totals wins by the above 3. 1.8% of the times the contest has been run.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder

To be honest, last Friday when the contest started and I saw the Cap cover, I silently predicted it to win... and not because of who submitted it. And yes, I gave it 2 check marks.

WHAT?!? That's not what I paid you for!
Mods notified.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I see covers I've never seen before every week. That's a win, especially if it has a theme I collect.
Post 80 IP   flag post

I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
Quote:

To be honest, last Friday when the contest started and I saw the Cap cover, I silently predicted it to win... and not because of who submitted it. And yes, I gave it 2 check marks.

Mods notified.

PAY..!! That was merely a tip. You'll have to do better.
Post 81 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Mods notified.

You've been ignoring my request for a pay raise.

So how's the weather in Texas?
Post 82 IP   flag post
I liked the first one better LOL
Post 83 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Mods notified.

You've been ignoring my request for a pay raise.

So how's the weather in Texas?

The mechanic performed a compression check on the engine in my pick up. Evidently cylinder #7 isn't pulling it's weight.
Post 84 IP   flag post
Quote:

Yup, always stick with the first.
Post 85 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

My 2nd wife disagrees LOL
Post 86 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

My 2nd wife disagrees LOL

My second wife DID also.
Post 87 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater

We should add a rule that if you've won into the double digits you should have to wait 6 months before one of your entries is allowed to win again.

Sounds like a way to get less great covers each week.

Gosh, I thought of it as a way to expand the number of people who might put in an entry. If the same people keep winning then maybe people figure that it is 1) rigged, 2) a popularity contest, or 3) they don't have a chance. Therefore, they stop making an entry. Apparently, your mileage and thoughts were different than mine though.

I didn't participate last week because it was going to take too much effort to locate a cover scan that met the topic. Some of the topics are just out there. If the topic asks for albino turtles on the cover, I'm not going to take the time to look for a scan to post. I prefer to only submit comics I own.
Post 88 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I don't actually want to win. I just like looking at the covers.
Post 89 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I see covers I've never seen before every week. That's a win, especially if it has a theme I collect.

Adding more comics to the list of those I want but can't afford hardly seems like a win to me.
Post 90 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I don't care who wins. I did find myself complaining to a friend that some of the entries didn't really reflect the chosen topic, but then I realized I was sounding like a whiny asshole and it's just comic books.

The point is to look at comic book covers and have fun.
Post 91 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
And everyone knows that the regular post votes is where it's really at.
Post 92 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
I don't care who wins. I did find myself complaining to a friend that some of the entries didn't really reflect the chosen topic, but then I realized I was sounding like a whiny asshole and it's just comic books.

The point is to look at comic book covers and have fun.

Hmm...just post comic covers and the heck with the chosen topic.

To go a little further down the rabbit hole you started…

About 35 years ago, when I was at University, I chimed in about a TV show that got cancelled/went off the air. I lamented about how disappointed I was about the news. My best friend looked up from his beer with a big grin and said “Yo dumba--, get a grip on yourself. That’s what happens to TV shows. Try and get some balance in your life.” Made me laugh and I realized just how much of an adolescent I had been in bringing it up. Seriously, I was pissed that a TV show got cancelled? A freakin' TV show? Ba-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

Man, I got some clarity that night.

Makes me laugh just thinking about it.
Post 93 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
not sure what the "winner" actually wins other than the work of putting up the new contest thread and thinking of a topic that hasn't already been done.

To me, it's about looking at cool books that I may want to pick up.
Post 94 IP   flag post
600777 94 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?