Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkArt Sketch CoversCBCS GradedCBCS Original Art Program OAPQuestions

Can you submit just art? A sheet of paper?1004

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Why do sometimes I see just an ART label on books?

I won a auction for Kevin Eastman's original art for the SDCC Mega Bloks cover art. it's an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper lol. Will it fit in a holder?

If so, I actually have more pieces similar I'd like to submit.

Thanks.
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
You can just submit art. It just has to be under 10.25" tall and 7.25" wide. They still need a witness if you want to get a yellow label and unwitnessed signatures can be verified for a red label.

The ART designation can be requested even on books like sketch covers. If you choose the ART designation then the book itself will not be graded, the idea being that the focus will be on the art and not the grade

https://www.cbcscomics.com/artwork
Post 2 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Sounds like it won't fit in the holder. It's too wide. This would probably be another "magazine holder" possibly. Thank you for the quick reply.
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Does CBCS have an option for unwitnessed art?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Yes. In this case the artist signature was verified. I'd imagine you could have the art unwitnessed and the signature unverified

Post 5 IP   flag post
way cool thanks
Post 6 IP   flag post
So, is there a blue ART label for unverified? I've never seen one.
Post 7 IP   flag post
You'd have to get someone from CBCS to answer that definitively but it looks like the signature verification is separate from the sketch. I don't see why you couldn't get a blue ART label that says "Sketch and Name written on cover"
Post 8 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I'm 99.9% sure they do not offer an Art blue label. I get this from the initial email announcing the program, the fact that they list the Art label under the Signature Programs of their website and the fact that I've NEVER seen or heard of one until this thread. I also do not see the point. All you would be doing is getting a book encapsulated. No grade ... no verification of the artist ... nothing!!! If you drew it or your child drew it, there are ways to get a yellow label.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O Thanks Jesse. I didn't think there was one, but thought I'd ask.

So Mykey could submit his childhood art (that he showed off in his other thread) for yellow label since he is the orginal artist. Does submitting personal original art like this require any extra steps or paperwork?
Post 10 IP   flag post
nobody wants my terrible art on a yellow label lmao
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
@Jesse_O Thanks Jesse. I didn't think there was one, but thought I'd ask.

So Mykey could submit his childhood art (that he showed off in his other thread) for yellow label since he is the orginal artist. Does submitting personal original art like this require any extra steps or paperwork?

Yes, it does. You would need to contact CBCS to get the proper paperwork. I believe it is Steve Paulus or Mark Roman that you would you have to speak to.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I've considered doing a bunch of blank sketch covers for turtle books myself . You're telling me that I can yellow label my own sketch covers of my own art? How do I contact those people?
Post 13 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
I'm 99.9% sure they do not offer an Art blue label. I get this from the initial email announcing the program, the fact that they list the Art label under the Signature Programs of their website and the fact that I've NEVER seen or heard of one until this thread. I also do not see the point. All you would be doing is getting a book encapsulated. No grade ... no verification of the artist ... nothing!!! If you drew it or your child drew it, there are ways to get a yellow label.

Correct. The red label is for verifying signatures only. They can't/don't verify sketches.
Post 14 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke I would suggest email - customerservice@cbcscomics.com

Tell customer service what you want to do and they will get it to the right person.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
I've considered doing a bunch of blank sketch covers for turtle books myself . You're telling me that I can yellow label my own sketch covers of my own art? How do I contact those people?

I've considered doing the same thing. But it's been many many years since I've drawn anything, I'd have to knock the rust off first to ensure I don't make anyone's eyes bleed. On the other hand, I've seen some original art on ebay recently that made my eyes bleed, I don't think I can do worse.
Post 16 IP   flag post
After seeing some harley quin sketch covers go for $500 and up on ebay I think I'd like to start doing Turtles. Maybe some Megan Fox covers.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Mmmmmmm Megan Fox.
Post 18 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, we have done a few blue label ART books. Usually its a situation where there is a sketch, but the artist didn't sign the artwork.

No sig, nothing to have verified.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Mmmmmmm Megan Fox.

She was the bomb in Jennifer's Body yo!

Post 20 IP   flag post
597931 20 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?