Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Think of the pictures as a resume. The resume doesnt get you thr job, it gets you the interview. If a picture intrigues someone, further pictures can be requested and trade details worked out.
Post 101 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
No longer available/TRADED.

Post 102 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
I think what can REALLY help keep the thread less congested.

#1 If a person has posted multiple pictures of books and you are interest in one particular book. When you quote the post edit out all the other pictures except for the book you are interested in. That way people don't have to scroll through the whole quoted post again.
Post 103 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
I think what can REALLY help keep the thread less congested.

#1 If a person has posted multiple pictures of books and you are interest in one particular book. When you quote the post edit out all the other pictures except for the book you are interested in. That way people don't have to scroll through the whole quoted post again.
This is of course a great idea. Many forums even forbid quoting entire picture strings for same reasons
Post 104 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town

Here is a perfect example of how to keep the thread less congested.

Darkseid posted 5 nice looking slabbed books above. If you had an interest in say..... the Spiderman book. When you quote his post to inquire, edit out all the other books in your quote as I have done here, to just focus on the 1 book of interest. I edited out the other Four books in his post that I was not interested in.

I think this will Greatly reduce people having to scroll through long lists of the same pictures over and over.
Post 105 IP   flag post

Collector Terry88 private msg quote post Address this user
Well I'll post this stuff here then, but my initial pic post is on pg. 3. I included some prices pulled from either GoCollect or eBay as reference. No real stock in any of it.

Some Wants

Older Stuff
Avengers (1963) #62 $100 7.5, $150 8.5, $230 9.2
Defenders (1972) #4 $85 8.5, $100 9.0, $210 9.2
Detective Comics (1937) #411 $200 6.5, $300 7.5, $375 8.0
Detective Comics (1937) #422 $85 8.5, $150 9.2, $280 9.4
Iron Man (1968) #130 cgc 9.8 WP only
Marvel Spotlight (1971) #28 $100 8.0, $130 9.0 #32 $110 8.0, $180 9.0
Marvel Team-Up (1972) #141
Werewolf by Night (1972) #33, #37
Black Panther (1977) #14, #15

Modern
Voltron (1985) #1 $48 9.0, $55 9.2, $55 9.4, $60 9.6, $140 9.8
MASK (1985) #1 $36 9.2, $46 9.4, $60 9.6, $130 9.8
Battle Beasts (1988) #1 $60 9.6, $100 9.8
Avengers The Children's Crusade (2010) #3B - Art Adams cover
New Mutants (2009) #25B - Art Adams cover
Batgirl (2011 4th Series) #40B - Purple Rain cover swipe
Dark Horse Presents Annual (1997) #1998 - $200 9.8 eBay
Darkwing Duck (1991) #1, (2010) #1A, #1C, #1D, #8B
Fray (2001) #1
Gargoyles (2006) #1
GI Joe (1982) #14, #24, #25, #37, #49
Transformers (1984) #1, #8
Red Hulk (2008) #15, #16
Marvel Zombies (2005) #1C, #1D, (2007) #5
Moon Knight (2011) #1B - Ramos cover
Ultimate Fantastic Four (2004) #21, #22, #23
Thor #306, #329, #334, #337, #338, #339, #340, #350, #351, #364, #365, #366, #370
Uncanny Xmen (1963) #109, #120, #121
Post 106 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@Terry88 My Avengers # 62 is a little above your number but it is signed by Roy Thomas.

Ebay price $135, Paypal $128.25

Avengers # 62 7.5 link

I have Detective # 411 in:

7.0 - ebay $235, Paypal $223.25
8.5 - ebay $460, paypal $437.00

Detective # 411 7.0 link

Detective # 411 8.5 link

I haven't paid for it (or priced i yet) but I just purchased a Transformers # 1 CGC 9.6 from a recent auction. I will let you know when it is available for sale.
Post 107 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
My want list is pretty simple. The Walking Dead issues 2 - 18, non graded, would prefer 9.0 or better but may be open to lower (I just want to fill the gaps). Open to straight trades or cash / trades I know I have a Sub Mariner #1 graded 8.0 that I will probably put up as well I just have to find it. I just moved recently so besides the 15,000+ with me the majority of my stuff is in storage 60 miles away now If interested a PM is better....Grades are noted in the bottom center

Post 108 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Nothing new lately?
Post 109 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Very high grade Wolverine

Traded/Unavailable
Post 110 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
I dont really know if I want trade the swamp thing...but I've seen it on a few lists so I guess I'd trade it for the right book/part of a package for the right book...its also unpressed,
It was submitted before I knew pressing was "a thing"

Future imperfect is nm...in the 9.2/9.4 range
Sandman is a tougher call, I won't apply a #, its f/vf probably- but if someone is interested I'll send a bunch of pics and we can try to agree on a grade

Matrix is nm. I know not a ton of value, but I know it's somewhat rare
Post 111 IP   flag post
Any mid grade JIM 83 or very low grade SC 4 out there for trade?
Post 112 IP   flag post
@Steverogers11 what's SC 4?
Post 113 IP   flag post
Showcase 4 maybe?
Post 114 IP   flag post
Yes sir
Post 115 IP   flag post
super high grade

Post 116 IP   flag post
super high grade

Post 117 IP   flag post
super high grade

Post 118 IP   flag post
super high grade

Post 119 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Traded/Unavailable
Post 120 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Don't think I have anything for trade
Post 121 IP   flag post

I have a couple raw TOD books I have doubled up on

2nd appearance of blade, mid grade. I'm giving it $35-40 trade value

This next one has crazy foxing on it on the back...I give it only about $10-$15 trade value

I don't really know where to place the value on the wwbn book. So if someone is interested in that one we'll go through the pics closer and figure it out
Post 122 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
I have all of these to trade I have an almost a complete run of Marvel GI Joe 2 - 134 for those interested....

and I have an updated want list:

The Walking Dead 2 - 18, 130 - 193

Prefer non graded books at least a 9.0 or better. Check out my other posts for more trade offers. As far as value goes I usually just go by the current ebay selling prices. PM me....Thanks

Post 123 IP   flag post
A big thanks to @Enelson my trade arrived today securely packaged and safe! Your book should arrive tomorrow. Thank you!

Post 124 IP   flag post
How are you guys shipping stuff when you need to cross the border? Anything special?
Post 125 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry88
How are you guys shipping stuff when you need to cross the border? Anything special?

I use USPS and include Customs Declaration Form CN 22.
Post 126 IP   flag post
@Terry88 Canada Post + declared contents and value
Post 127 IP   flag post
Sent as a gift or anything? I may send stuff from the States but I'm not sure what to tell them when crossing.
Post 128 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry88

I pack safe as I can, I put under value on the customs form to avoid the possibility of the recipient paying duties and say "good luck little guy" and let it fly.

TBH I am always super nervous- it is generally not cost effective to ship registered mail, so I just pack safe, fill out the form and I so far have been ok with all of my canada transactions

The biggest issue is always cost- 3 slabs shipped to Canada has cost me close to $45 before
Post 129 IP   flag post

Books are vf/nm-
Post 130 IP   flag post
601492 246 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?