Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@PhantomEwan I've been a fan since I was a kid. Moral victories don't count in the NFL. Hats off to SF. Their D is stout. That front 7 was freakish.

@Jesse_O Nope. That was about 10 minutes before kickoff. Trust me, the fans here want a winner but we've been kinda "Bengalized" by the franchise. It's hard to stay excited when you always know it's going to end in disappointment.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley I feel you, bro.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelekrupp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes
Quote:
Originally Posted by cawummel
Too soon to call a Lions loss?

It's never too soon for that πŸ˜‰

πŸ€”Two weeks into the season the Lions still haven’t lostπŸ€”

🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁

I need to start doomsday prepping.

Another sloppy game by the Bears. Feels good it was won they way it was after last years debacle.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
@PhantomEwan I've been a fan since I was a kid. Moral victories don't count in the NFL. Hats off to SF. Their D is stout. That front 7 was freakish.

@Jesse_O Nope. That was about 10 minutes before kickoff. Trust me, the fans here want a winner but we've been kinda "Bengalized" by the franchise. It's hard to stay excited when you always know it's going to end in disappointment.

I was hoping after years of mediocrity under Marvin Lewis that the Bengals would break out. Tyler Boyd is underrated. I dont think he dropped a ball thrown his way.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Quote:
I was hoping after years of mediocrity under Marvin Lewis that the Bengals would break out. Tyler Boyd is underrated. I dont think he dropped a ball thrown his way.

I can think of at least three separate times Marv should have been fired. It took way too long. I thought he was a good coach and definitely what we needed after the total ineptitude from 1991-2002. He turned it around but showed that he was never the guy to get the team over the hump. Constantly losing games in prime time, losing to the Steelers all the time, but beating the Browns & Ravens consistently, and of course the playoffs.

As for Zac Taylor, I think he's brought a fresh energy. It's going to take time though. The O line is trash, and we have no LBs outside of the starters. I like Andy Dalton as the QB but this might be his last year since this was his last guaranteed year on his contract. Anything over 6 wins would be overachieving for this squad. 4 to 5 may be more realistic.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user

Post 56 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley

I really shouldn't have been surprised by the effort of the home team.

Where is everyone? That's sad.
Post 57 IP   flag post
Collector Gamecube2482 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
If Carolina's offensive would be as effective as their defense, they'd be near impossible to stop!!!
As a Panther fan that wont happen as long as Rivera and Cam are there. CMC is the only person on offense and once they find a way to stop him anyone can beat the Panthers. I just hope they go 0-16 and get some good picks. I hate seeing talent like Luke and CMC wasted on a piece of crap QB and coach.
Post 58 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Breaking news is that Ben Roethlisberger is out for the remainder of the season and will have elbow surgery. The week 7 game between the Steelers and the Dolphins might decide who gets the number 1 pick in next years draft.
Post 59 IP   flag post
Steelers will still win two against the Bengals. It's going to be between Miami and Cincinnati.
Post 60 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Cleveland v Jets tonight! I have Cleveland for this one
Post 61 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I was hoping after years of mediocrity under Marvin Lewis that the Bengals would break out.

They still might- Apparently it's just that San Francisco still owns The Bengals
Post 62 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecube2482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
If Carolina's offensive would be as effective as their defense, they'd be near impossible to stop!!!
As a Panther fan that wont happen as long as Rivera and Cam are there. CMC is the only person on offense and once they find a way to stop him anyone can beat the Panthers. I just hope they go 0-16 and get some good picks. I hate seeing talent like Luke and CMC wasted on a piece of crap QB and coach.

I'm happy to see that Brandon Zylstra ended up being signed by a team, even if it was the Panthers. He is from Spicer, MN which is my old stomping grounds. It was great to see him get signed by the Vikes last year and I was a bit upset when they cut him this year. He made it to the final cut and a lot of people thought he would make it, but the Vikes went a different way. I think that if the Panthers ever use him, he'll impress you.
Post 63 IP   flag post
Week #3 picks will be on a new thread.

Final card -

Post 64 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Studley_Dudley 10 wins
iggykoopa30 7 wins
michaelekrupp 11 wins
Pre_Coder 10 wins
Lonestar 9 wins
Jesse_O 9 wins
Flanders 8 wins

This may not be accurate, but it looks like @michaelekrupp won this week. That's two in a row!
Post 65 IP   flag post
Thanks for the tally @flanders!!!!!!!
Post 66 IP   flag post
IÒ€ℒm sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user
I didn't get any right??? I'm not as savvy as the rest of you, I just write them in.
Post 67 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@PhantomEwan I didn't notice your picks, they aren't as visible as the rest. It looks like you may have tied with 11!! If it is a tie, neither of you filled out the tiebreaker which is the total amount of points for the Monday night game/ Please double check your scores, I'm unreliable.
Post 68 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
I didn't do mine online but I did get 9 right this week
Post 69 IP   flag post
598062 69 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?