Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
I have a signed original Handbill from Woodstock Does CBCS Grade, or certify and verify the signature of them as long as they fit in their encapsulation holder.. Like art..

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
Probably need to email customer svc with dimensions. Beckett will do any autos; just not sure if they have holders. But this is the BGS side, not CBCS side.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
From the FAQ thread:

"How large of a drawing can I submit for the ART program?

The maximum dimension for these are 10.25 inches tall by 7.25 inches wide. There are some restrictions, please contact Customer Service if you have questions. There is no minimum size requirement."
Post 3 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@Gotlift that would be awesome to have encapsulated.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@Gotlift My attention is split today, That is an incredible hand bill!!! I'm slightly jealous!
Post 5 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Love the Handbill Gotlift!

I collect similar items like these Beatles tickets:

Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944 Those are cool. I ought to put you in touch with a friend of mine - he's got one of the most extensive Beatles collections in the world. He's one of the four collectors that loaned out material to put the Grammy museum exhibit together.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCovers
@BigRedOne1944 Those are cool. I ought to put you in touch with a friend of mine - he's got one of the most extensive Beatles collections in the world. He's one of the four collectors that loaned out material to put the Grammy museum exhibit together.

As a Beatles Fan I have a few trinket items here and there, but nothing close to par with your friend.
even so it would be cool to see some of the museum exhibits.

I was actually in Liverpool at the Cavern Club the day 9/11 occurred in 2001. It was part of the Magical Mystery Bus Tour. I know I have some pictures somewhere. I'll see if I can dig them up. Maybe start a new Thread about that special Trip.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I collect way to much. Here’s a attached set of unused tickets to the Milwaukee Braves vs The Yankees 1958 World Series. Which went seven games. Yankees won but great games. I’ve had these for 40+ years. They came from a estate sale in Milwaukee
The story is the mans wife bought these for her husband as a surprise. His job took him overseas and never made it back in time.
Enjoy. A little blurry, sorry. Lousy phone camera

Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
As a Beatles Fan I have a few trinket items here and there, but nothing close to par with your friend.
even so it would be cool to see some of the museum exhibits.

I was actually in Liverpool at the Cavern Club the day 9/11 occurred in 2001. It was part of the Magical Mystery Bus Tour. I know I have some pictures somewhere. I'll see if I can dig them up. Maybe start a new Thread about that special Trip.

Took me a minute to find this. It's probably the centerpiece of his collection. It's the original set list for the first Beatles concert in the U.S. (in D.C., just a few days after the Ed Sullivan appearance). Hand-written by John Lennon, you can see it sitting on an amp in the concert footage. I think he told me it was one of only a very few set lists that have survived.

Post 10 IP   flag post
Well Here's the answer I got back from customer service.. Fast response's

Answer: No we won't do a Handbill.. We will only do comic books and Art

So I replied: Can you Verify the signature and encapsulate it as ART It's 4 1/2 X 7 inches

Reply; NO we only do art

I can have CGC do it (they even do movie posters providing they fit there holder) but they won't verify the signature..

So I Guess I'll Encapsulate it with a Comic Skin holder myself..

I'm a Little disappointed that CBCS won't encapsulate it as ART.. But it is what it is..
Post 11 IP   flag post
@BigRedOne1944

Beetles tickets

Only $1.00 for a ticket WOW today it would be $150-$300 and then $50 to park your car and $10 for a soda $20 for a beer.. Pay Toilets etc....

We need to invent a WAYBACK MACHINE.. Where's Mr.Peabody and Sherman... Lol
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Sounds like you need to contact CHCS (Concert Handbill Certification Service).
Post 13 IP   flag post
I talked to Darryl about this. CBCS has a signature verification only service now. You CAN get the signature verified and it will be slabbed with a red label with minimal data on the label. Here is a comic book sample.

Post 14 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O

Thank you. That’s exactly what I need. How do I go about this on the order form.
Do I choose the art category and then signature verification and note it on the invoice. And maybe include the picture you posted to save confusion. I do like the CBCS holder better than the Comic Skin one but the comic skin is great and has its place.

Thanks again. Tom.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Go ahead and fill out the required sections. Like "Handbill" for comic, "NA" for issue #, publisher, etc. You will need to select a year. Then, select "slab only" for the tier. It looks like it is $20 for that option, plus the $25 for a single signature verification would be $45 to do it.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Perfect thanks Again..
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user

Promotional poster for the original release of "Pink Floyd the Wall Live @ The Berlin Wall"

Original concert poster of last EU tour by Led Zeppelin.

As for autheticating tickets and handbills, YES - BGS and/or PGS.

I've had a 1986 Eric Clapton paper concert ticket from the Rome, Italy area - and had it encapsulated through PGS.
+ IMO - their quality of encapsulation was poor and sadly, I wont use them again....*shrugs*...
Post 18 IP   flag post
597889 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?