Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to your collection #610008

Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user

just received today from a bordie on the trade thread. Looks better than my crappy pic. Thank you GAC
Post 151 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Steverogers11 it was my pleasure!!
Post 152 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
There was another ebay ebucks promo last week, so I picked up this issue for my X-Men run. It’s a little rougher than I prefer, and would greatly benefit from some professionally applied heat and pressure, but the price was right. Now besides the overpriced #1, I only need 6 issues from the reprint books to complete my run.

Post 153 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth

Spider-man #1

Top of that comic looks very rippled....is that the roller marks thing so common in modern books? it looks rather heavy there?

@Darkseid_of_town it's just a weird angle. Here's a few pics right on top of it.

Also the rippled effect could be caused by the fact it was just freshly put in that Mylites2 bag w/Fullback. Normally after a day or two it relaxes.

After looking at it more, I wanted to take a top down pic to share. Yep it does have a little wave to it... but it should relax in a few days.

If it matches my own experience it wont vanish on its own, that definitely looks like the dreaded roller marks I have run into...my edge of Spider verse 2 as them and I also noticed many copies of the Female fures Mattina variant with same....they seem to require a press to flatten properly. At least for me that's been my experience to date...I hope yours is not the same

Darkseid is correct, Waviness(ripples) will not "relax" and go away on it's own. Ive had books suffering from this as well and even after keeping heavey weight on it for extended period of time never help it.
Post 154 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders

@flanders
Cudos on this awesome looking book!

I had a Very difficult time finding a decent clean copy of the book for my Swamp Thing Run.

Post 155 IP   flag post

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
So this book is not exactly new to my collection, but it is well traveled. I bought it new off the stands almost 29 years ago. It never moved from my personal collection until I sent it to CBCS (in Florida then) for grading in 2016. About a year or so after I got it back from CBCS (and after repeated inquires about it), I sold it another member on these forums who was building a Daredevil set. That member recently decided to sell it. Being a super-nice guy, he offered it back to me. So after around a two year hiatus, it has now been safely returned and reunited with its other DD friends. Thanks, Rob!

Post 156 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
So this book is not exactly new to my collection, but it is well traveled. I bought it new off the stands almost 29 years ago. It never moved from my personal collection until I sent it to CBCS (in Florida then) for grading in 2016. About a year or so after I got it back from CBCS (and after repeated inquires about it), I sold it another member on these forums who was building a Daredevil set. That member recently decided to sell it. Being a super-nice guy, he offered it back to me. So after around a two year hiatus, it has now been safely returned and reunited with its other DD friends. Thanks, Rob!

That is a GREAT story!! So cool!
Post 157 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve been eyeing this one on eBay, finally pulled the trigger. AWESOME SAUCE!

If someone has a low grade Tales Of Suspense 40 for sale (below 100 dollars), let me know. I've almost owned it twice, you snooze you lose. Lesson learned.

Post 158 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Frank Miller took over Daredevil at 158, but 168 was one of the early warning signs that Miller was really special. Just look at that cover.
Post 159 IP   flag post
@EbaySeller - Great cover, but how could they spell Elektra wrong on it!
Post 160 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:

Frank Miller took over Daredevil at 158, but 168 was one of the early warning signs that Miller was really special. Just look at that cover.

Totally agree. That’s the issue where Miller took over as Artist as well as Writer, so, the jump in quality is drastic at 168.
Post 161 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
My monthly mail call from MCS. I like MCS because if I preorder comics, I can add comics unto the shipment and get a nice package once a month for $5 shipping charge!!! Plus, as others have stated, their grading of their own comics is harsh, I have no problem buying their VF comics. Quite often, a VF comic just has a couple soft corners and that's it. I'll take it!!! Anyway, let's start with my preorders.

Some Tank Girl comics I bought from them.

A couple comics from their dollar bin sale.

But my favorite comic from them this month was available ONLY through preorder!!!

Post 162 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O that marvel mystery 1k I've got to get a copy of that cover it's pretty cool 👍
Post 163 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort yep I'd love a copy of TOS 40 to look at the advert for Avengers 1. I think that copy has it.
Post 164 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
These aren't brand new, but I haven't shared them before. Quite honestly, I figured no one would be interested in them. But given that I have talked about them recently, I figured I'd better share them. Both issues have first appearances of new characters. Quite honestly, I think these are sleepers that the average American collector has overlooked. With the introduction of some international flavored heroes, I think Marvel/Disney is setting itself up to expand its' appeal in foreign markets. I believe we can expect more of it, especially given how Wave was received in the Philippines.

Post 165 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross, it looks like I may never get to confirm that whole Avengers 1 advert thing. Unless I get super lucky. Fingers crossed.
Post 166 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O I use to collect years ago the old Agents of Atlas where Namora was in the team. Gee that's probably hitting ten years ago. I'm getting old
Post 167 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Finally added these to the collection....

Post 168 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quite honestly, I think these are sleepers that the average American collector has overlooked. With the introduction of some international flavored heroes, I think Marvel/Disney is setting itself up to expand its' appeal in foreign markets. I believe we can expect more of it, especially given how Wave was received in the Philippines.

I think I picked up 4 or 5 of these when they came out working under the same assumption on Marvel Global Markets...they're sleeper picks for sure...I believe every single 1st appearance in this book was spun off or is being spun off into their own limited series.
Post 169 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
Some recent pick ups!

Post 170 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Printed upside down! Awesome!!
Post 171 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
Printed upside down! Awesome!!

Oh... so that's what was wrong, I thought it was me.

Still great books.
Post 172 IP   flag post
Collector Red_Blade private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
These aren't brand new, but I haven't shared them before. Quite honestly, I figured no one would be interested in them. But given that I have talked about them recently, I figured I'd better share them. Both issues have first appearances of new characters. Quite honestly, I think these are sleepers that the average American collector has overlooked. With the introduction of some international flavored heroes, I think Marvel/Disney is setting itself up to expand its' appeal in foreign markets. I believe we can expect more of it, especially given how Wave was received in the Philippines.

Great pickups man! That's Golden Age level comics for people here (Philippines). People in the US talk about Amazing Fantasy #15. Well that right there (War of the Realms: NAOA #1) is like the equivalent of Amazing Fantasy #15 over here. Because it's the FIRST appearance of the FIRST ever Filipina Superhero. So it's double FIRST. Rich collectors here are spending CRAZY money on that man. I mean CRAZY money.

Of course the most expensive is the Wave variant cover. But the other cover variants are also valuable and will be wort a LOT down the line. Look how much people over at eBay are now selling the Wave virgin variant.

I've invested some money on Wave. Because it will be worth millions here in the Philippines down the line. NO DOUBT about it. Because that right there is our "Amazing Fantasy #15."
Post 173 IP   flag post
Collector TellEmSteveDave private msg quote post Address this user

Replaced my 8.0 with this. A white whale of sorts in the series in high grade. All my issues are in 9.6 or 9.8 except for issue #3 a 9.2.
Very happy with the upgrade.
Post 174 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TellEmSteveDave

Replaced my 8.0 with this. A white whale of sorts in the series in high grade. All my issues are in 9.6 or 9.8 except for issue #3 a 9.2.
Very happy with the upgrade.

Makes for a nice exclusive collection. Great pickup.
Post 175 IP   flag post
Very nice upgrade! I enjoy the early horror comics.
Post 176 IP   flag post
Collector TellEmSteveDave private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks guys. Been working on the set for a few years now.
Post 177 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user

Just arrived today.
Post 178 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this one in the mail! Shame it doesn't scan very well

I get to keep it right next to it's big sister

Post 179 IP   flag post
Wow that Ross variant is gorgeous. Kudos on the grade and signature. Nuff said.
Post 180 IP   flag post
597963 999 30