Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to your collection #610008

I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town

some SERIOUS books there siggy, but loving that JIM book for sure

Just gettin' started lol

@Siggy, nice. looking forward to more.
Post 126 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user

First Lilith
Post 127 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Here's the latest comic that I acquired in a trade on the forums with @xkonk. Thanks, Alex - it looks great!

Post 128 IP   flag post
Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user

Got these today!
Post 129 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user

Post 130 IP   flag post

Temporary diversion from monsters

Courtesy of @gac and the trading thread
Post 131 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
We have two "New to your Collection #6" threads..... I just posted on the other... asking users to use this one instead.

Just added these to the collection:
PS: those white specks are dust (probably more like cat hairs) my phones camera picked up; not on the comics.

Red Son #1 is a beaut.

Spider-man #1

Post 132 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Big thanks to @Enelson !!

Post 133 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 134 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
We have two "New to your Collection #6" threads..... I just posted on the other... asking users to use this one instead.

Just added these to the collection:
PS: those white specks are dust (probably more like cat hairs) my phones camera picked up; not on the comics.

Red Son #1 is a beaut.

Spider-man #1

Top of that comic looks very rippled....is that the roller marks thing so common in modern books? it looks rather heavy there?
Post 135 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Spider-man #1

Top of that comic looks very rippled....is that the roller marks thing so common in modern books? it looks rather heavy there?

@Darkseid_of_town it's just a weird angle. Here's a few pics right on top of it.

Also the rippled effect could be caused by the fact it was just freshly put in that Mylites2 bag w/Fullback. Normally after a day or two it relaxes.

After looking at it more, I wanted to take a top down pic to share. Yep it does have a little wave to it... but it should relax in a few days.

Post 136 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I got these books free through parental confiscation. I gave them to my son a couple years ago to start a collection. He never developed an interest and a week ago I was helping him look for something and I found them buried under some clothes in his drawer. So now they are new to my collection (again)!!

Post 137 IP   flag post
Collector Red_Blade private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
3 more

Nice. Did you buy them raw or slabbed?
Post 138 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Spider-man #1

@Darkseid_of_town it's just a weird angle. Here's a few pics right on top of it.

Also the rippled effect could be caused by the fact it was just freshly put in that Mylites2 bag w/Fullback. Normally after a day or two it relaxes.

After looking at it more, I wanted to take a top down pic to share. Yep it does have a little wave to it... but it should relax in a few days.

If it matches my own experience it wont vanish on its own, that definitely looks like the dreaded roller marks I have run into...my edge of Spider verse 2 as them and I also noticed many copies of the Female fures Mattina variant with same....they seem to require a press to flatten properly. At least for me that's been my experience to date...I hope yours is not the same
Post 139 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
3 more

Nice. Did you buy them raw or slabbed?

the 9.9 was bought raw through a facilitator who managed the sigs and submission.

the 2 others were bought slabbed
Post 140 IP   flag post

Post 141 IP   flag post
I haven't had time to visit the LCS yet to pick up my orders this week. But here's my last pick ups. I think this was last week.

Aero #1
Shouldn't miss this as this is same as the China cover, except with the words translated to English for international release.

Aero #1 Philippines Only Exclusive Cover
(RARE)

Aero #1 Philippines Only Cover VIRGIN
(Even RARER)

Aero #1 Philippines Only 'City' Exclusive variant - notice the 'colorless' background.
(Even RARER still)

Agents of Atlas #1 Philippines Exclusive variant
(RARE)

Spawn 300 'Spidey' Variant

And a couple of #1 blank covers.

Post 142 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Red_Blade Great call on getting those Philippine variants of Aero and Agents of Atlas!!! The more I hear about the Aero series and about the new characters, I can see Agents of Atlas becoming the next X-men or FF. They may need a catchier name though.
Post 143 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Well, I got my TG#1 today. It turns out that the seller used Priority Mail and not Media like he had posted on the auction. Needless to say, I am quite happy with it!!!

Post 144 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O very nice looking copy! Great buy.
Post 145 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@Red_Blade Great call on getting those Philippine variants of Aero and Agents of Atlas!!! The more I hear about the Aero series and about the new characters, I can see Agents of Atlas becoming the next X-men or FF. They may need a catchier name though.

Thanks man!
Yeah. I mean Ms. Marvel is going to be having a tv series and Shang Chi will be having a movie. They're both members of Agents of Atlas. And of course Wave, also a member, is making quite a splash in the books. So all fronts are covered - tv, movie, comics. I got all the variant covers of their issue #1 - the ones including Shang Chi - because movie coming out

Look how much people on ebay are already selling the Philippines Exclusive variant of Aero #1.

Post 146 IP   flag post

Got this through a trade on IG
Post 147 IP   flag post
This just in. All the way from Canada.

And a token of business relations; a free comic.
Thanks Pat @ Mutantbeavercomics.com

Post 148 IP   flag post
Also got these in today.

Post 149 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Top 2 are from my LCS and the rest I just got from @flanders. Thank you, Flan man!

Post 150 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user

just received today from a bordie on the trade thread. Looks better than my crappy pic. Thank you GAC
Post 151 IP   flag post
@Steverogers11 it was my pleasure!!
Post 152 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
There was another ebay ebucks promo last week, so I picked up this issue for my X-Men run. It’s a little rougher than I prefer, and would greatly benefit from some professionally applied heat and pressure, but the price was right. Now besides the overpriced #1, I only need 6 issues from the reprint books to complete my run.

Post 153 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Spider-man #1

If it matches my own experience it wont vanish on its own, that definitely looks like the dreaded roller marks I have run into...my edge of Spider verse 2 as them and I also noticed many copies of the Female fures Mattina variant with same....they seem to require a press to flatten properly. At least for me that's been my experience to date...I hope yours is not the same

Darkseid is correct, Waviness(ripples) will not "relax" and go away on it's own. Ive had books suffering from this as well and even after keeping heavey weight on it for extended period of time never help it.
Post 154 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders

@flanders
Cudos on this awesome looking book!

I had a Very difficult time finding a decent clean copy of the book for my Swamp Thing Run.

Post 155 IP   flag post
600691 999 30