Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to your collection #610008

Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user
@daywalker my personal favorite is GI Combat 87...amazing Russ Heath art and first appearance of the Haunted Tank
Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user
@obrie2tm Yes!
Post 102 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
I had talked about this in a previous thread but since the book has arrived I thought I would share it...I was paying close attention recently when our own Mr Siggy announced that at this years SDCC he intended to spend some time with Mike Royer. Those who remember the discussion would remember he also mentioned Mike would be selling his personal copies of his books. I had called "Dibs" on his New God's 7 and privately instructed Mr siggy to do what was possible to acquire that book and have it signed for me if possible.
Mr Siggy acquired apparently all of Mr Royer's books for sale I believe he mentioned.....some 150 tomes of the great inker's work.
For my copy I had requested a signature on the cover, and the inside to be inscribed....."May the Source be with you" an obvious entendre to the Star wars useage of similar vein.
Siggy said Mike doesn't normally write much except comicly yours....so I was unsure what would come of the entire episode but wow...it came back just as I requested and even images of Mike signing the piece for me.
There is a backstory of why I chose this particular comic, but suffice it to say it is likely responsible for my becoming the comic book collector I am today. I have perhaps ten copies, even a slabbed high grade one, so this one was just for me and for this purpose alone ...I seldom ever ask a book to be signed on the cover.

The interior splash he chose to write on is iconic and so amazing.....as all the art in the comic.You can see from Mr siggys shots that is clearly the same comic being signed by Mike both inside and out so it gives me pretty good authenticity
I thought I would say thanks to Mr Siggy, he did this for during a busy show week and so forth and even nailed all the details perfectly....I am ecstatic to get the book.

I am unsure what he intends to do with the rest of that collection of Mike's but if you have some favorites you wanted signed, you might see if he is going to let go of any....I may start in about a certain devil dinosaur comic next!!

Regardless, thanks Mr Siggy, this one found a good home and will be loved !

Post 103 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by obrie2tm

Sadly some minor restoration, but this is a dang hard book to find in decent condition! On its way to you Steve as soon as I get it!

Which means I have a WWBN 32 CBCS 4.5 that will be going up for sale shortly!

I love the cover as well good luck with the slabbing. Is it Really the 1st Appearance of Sgt Rock?

Is he called by name in the issue?
Post 104 IP   flag post
A couple nice pick ups from board member "Flanders" sale list. Thanks!

Post 105 IP   flag post

I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944

It looks like my grading could use a little work.
Post 106 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944

It looks like my grading could use a little work.

They were nice books and I usually get over critical on modern books.
Post 107 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user

It's all coming together...
Post 108 IP   flag post
@BigRedOne1944 Seems to be a lot of back and forth with respect to the first appearance, as there are many Sgt. Rock "Prototypes" cited leading up to this issue (OOAW 81 in particular). The market seems to have settled on this representing the final "True" Sgt. Rock of Easy Company with the Joe Kubert and Robert Kanigher collaboration. Probably helps that it is also a fantastic cover.
Post 109 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user

Post 110 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Picked this up today, but not in-hand, yet.

The Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction From November, 1963.

Features the short story “Eight O’Clock in the Morning”. VG

The story that was later adapted into the comic book story “Nada” in “Alien Encounters” #6. Which in turn inspired the John Carpenter film ‘They Live’.

Post 111 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
New arrivals!

Post 112 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
One more

Post 113 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
3 more

Post 114 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
I've already posted this a week ago in the auction thread but it was nice when I got home from work today to find a package sitting on my sofa

Best thing of all
No stickers on the slab
Just on the plastic bag

Post 115 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 116 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user

Post 117 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@Siggy nice pick up.
Post 118 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy

some SERIOUS books there siggy, but loving that JIM book for sure
Post 119 IP   flag post

May 1972

Post 120 IP   flag post

Post 121 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this today by way of @Batman66

Post 122 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort Nice!!!!
Post 123 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@sportshort Nice!!!!

Thanks!
Post 124 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town

Just gettin' started lol
Post 125 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town

Just gettin' started lol

@Siggy, nice. looking forward to more.
Post 126 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user

First Lilith
Post 127 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Here's the latest comic that I acquired in a trade on the forums with @xkonk. Thanks, Alex - it looks great!

Post 128 IP   flag post
Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user

Got these today!
Post 129 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user

Post 130 IP   flag post
601299 999 30