Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to your collection #610008

Collector andy49 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 876 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@andy49 wow, how cool is that. Congrats
Post 877 IP   flag post
Collector GeeWiz private msg quote post Address this user

Post 878 IP   flag post
Collector andy49 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
@andy49 wow, how cool is that. Congrats

thanks.

had to cough up the 20% "buyer's privilege" but happy to have it
Post 879 IP   flag post
Collector Duece411 private msg quote post Address this user
New for this week! Ugh...

Post 880 IP   flag post

Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Post 881 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
Perfect candidate for a cleaning! Nice pick-ups!
Post 882 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
These just came back to me from a facilitator. Almost all grades stayed the same. The Umbrella Academy dropped from a 9.6, but that is the risk we take.

Back with a new Perez signature

Both of these are back with Mignola signatures from SDCC

Post 883 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Had this book raw for long time. Decided to get it pressed and graded. Love the stamp on the back cover as well.

Post 884 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
Great Book! Kudos on the 9.0.
Post 885 IP   flag post
Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
Had this book raw for long time. Decided to get it pressed and graded. Love the stamp on the back cover as well.

Do they ever give a lower grade for having a date stamp or a date written in pen or grease pencil? I have a Silver Surfer #4 in fantastic shape with a grease pencil date or number written on it I’m thinking of sending in for grading.
Post 886 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Just picked this up, signed by Lou ferrigno, what a great book to be signed by him
i had Lou sign this one in October, it's at cgc now. They look pretty close in condition, but which book has a higher grade, I'm going to sell the other. I'm sure it will be a couple more months before I get mine back. But anyone interested, dm me
Post 887 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Upgraded my copy. PM me if interested in the copy being replaced. I'm going to post it here shortly.
Post 888 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
Just picked this up, signed by Lou ferrigno, what a great book to be signed by him
i had Lou sign this one in October, it's at cgc now. They look pretty close in condition, but which book has a higher grade, I'm going to sell the other. I'm sure it will be a couple more months before I get mine back. But anyone interested, dm me

That's cool 👍
Post 889 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
@GeeWiz
Beautiful books!

I've got a YA #1, as well.

I was surprised to see it is a key.

Congrats!
Post 890 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by daywalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito

Do they ever give a lower grade for having a date stamp or a date written in pen or grease pencil? I have a Silver Surfer #4 in fantastic shape with a grease pencil date or number written on it I’m thinking of sending in for grading.

I would prefer no writing, stamps or markings and tend to look for clean copies. I personally dock a book for any outside markings(Writing,stamps etc.) I know many do not dock the date stamps and it has been pro'd and Con'd many times. I think in the case of date stamps it depends on the placement and how intrusive it might be. In this case the book store stamp on the back was placed in a nice open space. The random 10 cent stamps on the front would be more bothersome for me personally. Nice looking book and it would be interesting to know the thoughts of the grader and weather he docked the book to a 9.0 or not.
Post 891 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Im sure it happens to many of us when you see a book and you think to yourself........

"I gotta have that book"

Such was the case with this one. It was a consignment with MCS(Maybe somebody here) and I probably overpaid for it. Oh well, its only money and I can always make more of that. I just love the book.

and in my cyber slab inventory

Post 892 IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user
@obrie2tm Ive been trying to get all the Wings bondage covers, love that one!
Post 893 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
So it is near the end of the semester and I remembered the book store getting in a bunch of trades awhile back. So I figured I should see if they are having any blow out specials.Yep,they did. With my employee discount, it came to $4.77 for all 5 books. I better go back and ask what they have not put out yet.

Post 894 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianGreensnips Good steal
Post 895 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 896 IP   flag post
Picked up some more marvel picture books. I just love that format.

Post 897 IP   flag post
And one last book.

Post 898 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome book Southerncross
Post 899 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town thanks mate. Still hunting the Kirby 4th world's. One of these days I'll complete them 👍
Post 900 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Fourth world and all the subsequent appearances of new god characters since was the first thing I did as a collector...
I especially liked the brave and Bold appearances of Mister Miracle, the secret origins issue, and finally landing a copy of the Hunger Dogs graphic novel....I sometimes compare how DC ended the storyline in Adventure 459 and 460 to Kirbys ending in Hunger Dogs.

If you get a short list together what you are missing still I might look around and see what I could help with...I know I have like a dozen copies of 7, which you said you had I believe.
Post 901 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Not the prettiest copies but got for a decent price.

Post 902 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier2Xterra
Not the prettiest copies but got for a decent price.

Love these books and covers. I’m a big fan of the original Captain Marvel.
Post 903 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Got this in today, loving classic Batman.

Post 904 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Got this in today, loving classic Batman.

I can see why. The more Silver Age Batman cover I see, the more I want to buy them.
Post 905 IP   flag post
601276 999 30