Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to your collection #610008

Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user

Lower grade copies...but I'll take 'em
Post 851 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Stopped by the LCS for the Black Friday goodness. Decided to treat myself to some high grade stuff.

Gladiator makes great covers. I don't think I've seen a Gladiator cover yet that I didn't like. To bad he's so unreliable as a long term character.
Post 852 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Ok, got a good deal here. No more entries for me until 2020.

Post 853 IP   flag post
Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwookie
Ok, got a good deal here. No more entries for me until 2020.

Ahhhh....some John Byrne goodness!
Post 854 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Just picked these up at a neighborhood garage sale for .25 each

Post 855 IP   flag post

Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Gonna be sick....just won this and have one more item in a few hours!!!
But I now have an original Mignola sketch. Only once in the last 15/20 years has he come to a convention close to me and he was not doing any sketches

4x8.5 but really nice!!

Post 856 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Gonna be sick....just won this and have one more item in a few hours!!!
But I now have an original Mignola sketch. Only once in the last 15/20 years has he come to a convention close to me and he was not doing any sketches

4x8.5 but really nice!!

Should I tell the wife??
Call this my Christmas gift and birthday gift all in one??
Post 857 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics "Gonna be sick"?
I paid a fairly hefty fee when I bought a piece from him at SDCC. Same stomach bug?
Post 858 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
I paid a fairly hefty fee when I bought a piece from him at SDCC. Same stomach bug?

Must be the same bug going around - I'm not accustomed to paying big bucks for things and after exchange this will be outside my comfort zone - blame it on upbringing, just don't like to do it but exceptions must be made!
Post 859 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy

Must be the same bug going around - I'm not accustomed to paying big bucks for things and after exchange this will be outside my comfort zone - blame it on upbringing, just don't like to do it but exceptions must be made!

Caught the same bug at Neal Adams' table. Luckily I didn't need to tell the Mrs., but *ralph* anyway.
Post 860 IP   flag post
in for a penny....

Post 861 IP   flag post
and I'm done.....no need to tell the wife about tonight

Post 862 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
and I'm done.....no need to tell the wife about tonight

congrats on your purchases. Awesome. Curious, how much is the buyers fees for heritage and do you have to pay sales taxes to heritage as well?
Post 863 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Yep you pay state taxes
Post 864 IP   flag post
@Batman66 so the buyers fee is 20%...taxes are a fun thing.

I'm a cheap SOB and like to play games....

If I get shipped to my home address in Canada then no sales tax...but shipping can get pricey and there would be customs charges (can't remember 6%?)

If I ship to the US my shipping is less (usually much much less) but then I pay New York State sales tax 8% and have to bring it across the boarder and may or may not pay my customs charges - additional 6%.

On this group of purchases there is no way I will play my ship to US game. 8% New York tax on $1,100 will make shipping to Canada the cheaper option and no way Canada Customs lets me through!!

Usually I don't spend this much so even with the 8% New York charge it is cheaper to ship to US and you may not always get pulled over for Canada Customs - about $250 not including shipping and you are 50/50 on getting through ok.

All this pales in comparison to the exchange rate f'ing I'm going to get though!!!
Post 865 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Got the following 7 books for $2 each:

Post 866 IP   flag post

Post 867 IP   flag post

Post 868 IP   flag post

Post 869 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics wow that's nuts. I thought it was around 20% plus taxes, just wanted to make sure. Thanks for the info. When you see on go collect the heritage sales are much lower than eBay, comic link and others. I wish the sites would list the total costs associated with the sales. This would keep the gpa more accurate. What we do for the love of comics
Post 870 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
I can verify that the sales listed for MCS in GPA all include the buyers premium they charge for consignment books.
Post 871 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
I bought a Jimmy Olsen 134 off heritage in September. Paid 576 including buyers premium. The sales tax is not included when you look up the sale in gpa
Hope this helps
Post 872 IP   flag post
I remember buying Jimmy olsen 134 back when it was about the same price as the other Kirby issues...wish I had gotten ten of them.
Sometimes the memories come back what you passed on and you go...what in the corn bread hell was I thinking....
Dealer had a shortbox with Hawkman books....issue 4, there were like ten of...I got one for 3.00 …..I miss the late eighties
Post 873 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town late eighties I use to dream about getting vintage books. In Australia they were hard to come by. I remember when I was in high school my lcs had a full run of New God's in. Being the little brat that I was I didn't want to pay the money for the issue 1. And the other books had to look like my new issues straight from the shelf. So I only bought issues 3,5,7 and 9. They were near mint looking and they were $4 each Aussie. Conversion at the time $2.60 U.S
Wish I just bought them all. Even the books that would have graded 7.0-8.0 today 🙄
I still haven't put together a full run to this day
But I still have those 4 books bought in the late eighties

Post 874 IP   flag post
At least you got the 7, perhaps the toughest of the run behind the first issue, and my personnal favorite of the entire fourth world story
Post 875 IP   flag post
Collector andy49 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 876 IP   flag post
@andy49 wow, how cool is that. Congrats
Post 877 IP   flag post
Collector GeeWiz private msg quote post Address this user

Post 878 IP   flag post
Collector andy49 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
@andy49 wow, how cool is that. Congrats

thanks.

had to cough up the 20% "buyer's privilege" but happy to have it
Post 879 IP   flag post
Collector Duece411 private msg quote post Address this user