Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to your collection #610008

Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@Pre_Coder @Bronte just fairly long between any decent police comics #1 appears on the market for sale.

But yeah, there will be another sale in December.
Post 801 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Post 802 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Well, someone beat me to the punch!

Post 803 IP   flag post
Collector Arak private msg quote post Address this user
I think I just posted this in the wrong place.. should have been here
Dang! I feel bad for these people. I needed to replace my alpha 1 to complete my set ( for the second time) I place a bid 3 days ago and the max amount I was willing go for an unread - looks awesome copy. I just won it for $3 ... that's so bad ....and its Christmas too. I should probably tell ebay that I want to send some extra to them BRB
Post 804 IP   flag post
Collector Duece411 private msg quote post Address this user
Youll probably end up getting a refund, thats been my luck of latley! No Offence, ive bought 3 with no communication from sellers! Dont understand wish someone would explain to me whats going on without me looking like a asswhole towards the sellers here on Ebay! Just always brought up you win or pay for something youll end up getting it! Now its my time to wait for the refund and im disgruntled about it ugh...🤦‍♂️
Post 805 IP   flag post

Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user

This one worked out in the end...see thread about putting an ebay seller on blast for the story
Post 806 IP   flag post
New this week!

Post 807 IP   flag post
Collector MarvelousComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duece411
Youll probably end up getting a refund, thats been my luck of latley! No Offence, ive bought 3 with no communication from sellers! Dont understand wish someone would explain to me whats going on without me looking like a asswhole towards the sellers here on Ebay! Just always brought up you win or pay for something youll end up getting it! Now its my time to wait for the refund and im disgruntled about it ugh...🤦‍♂️

So, I posted this in another thread, but its how I feel on auctions.

At the start of an auction...

And...

...the end.

EBay is just so flooded with sellers that great deals abound. I try not to undersell on eBay as it just lowers the value.

I have a thread on here that has all my eBay stuff at lower prices if anyone is interested.

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/10602/marvelous-comics-sale-thread/
Post 808 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Got this fantastic Baker’s Dozen of beautiful ASM’s in a trade with @BigRedOne1944 (thanks John!). If you get a chance, check out his store at Hipcomic.com. He’s a great guy who really knows how to grade (and I think he has a Masters Degree in taping and a PhD in cardboard design - the man can pack!). These books filled in a bunch of holes in my collection (I pretty much stopped buying new ASM’s back in the day after issue #306). Now I am only missing around 22 issues in my #180 to #350+ ASM run.

Post 809 IP   flag post
Quote:

I went back over and sent the sellers a message apologizing that when I came thru I was tired and on auto and just hit the buttons.
I said how I wanted to win but not like this... it hurts them and the book itself to be bought for $3
Offered to send an additional payment to get it to FMV or close to it , what with it being Christmas and I was picturing them as parents trying to get money for the kids or dogs . their response was short
"We will ship your comic tomorrow. Thank you for your purchase."

?????
Post 810 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountie73
Quote:

So, I posted this in another thread, but its how I feel on auctions.

At the start of an auction...

And...

...the end.

EBay is just so flooded with sellers that great deals abound. I try not to undersell on eBay as it just lowers the value.

I have a thread on here that has all my eBay stuff at lower prices if anyone is interested.

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/10602/marvelous-comics-sale-thread/

I put in an order for 2 of them ...More then I can afford
"Alms for the poor?" lol
Post 811 IP   flag post
I put in an order for 2 of them ...More then I can afford
"Alms for the poor?" lol

Thanks for taking a look! Those books look real good!
Post 812 IP   flag post
They came around exept for the one! Sometimes a message helps with wakeing them up along with being polite! So im up for a turn around! Whew... big books i really wanted! And yea under selling is hard thing to swallow i imagine! And i also feel bad! But this is a buyers market and unfortunately we have to have a gameplan going into this... and thats how we move forward!
Post 813 IP   flag post
I hear you my ninja. I think I may be looking for atonement. Maybe even a reckoning. However since I am a Gemini and the duality of the twins aka Jekyll an Hyde.

So today I could have been like HA!!! sucks to be you and then drop a logic bomb on their PC for good measure.
"Arak, are you off your meds" " I dont take any....aint it cool?"

Of a serious nature it is great that yours all worked out
Post 814 IP   flag post
@esaravo Awesome books Ed
I was going to say ..arent some of those the ones you were telling me about? very happy , I know this scratches that itch you had
Post 815 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Got this fantastic Baker’s Dozen of beautiful ASM’s in a trade with @BigRedOne1944 (thanks John!). If you get a chance, check out his store at Hipcomic.com. He’s a great guy who really knows how to grade (and I think he has a Masters Degree in taping and a PhD in cardboard design - the man can pack!). These books filled in a bunch of holes in my collection (I pretty much stopped buying new ASM’s back in the day after issue #306). Now I am only missing around 22 issues in my #180 to #350+ ASM run.

@esaravo

Ed, Thanks for the kind words on our trade deal. Its always a pleasure dealing with such a knowledgeable and experienced collector. My only regret is that I was unable to complete your ASM run.

As many of you know, Ed is one of the most trusted board members to deal with. He sent me out his own specially bomb proof package in advance to me sending him anything.

Thanks Again for the smooth easy trade Ed!
Post 816 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
In addition to the great books I got from Ed, I acquired this beautiful book.

Im always on the look out for cool Sgt Rock or Sgt Fury books.

Rock and Easy co. are used as bait in order to out flank those pesky Nazis' and take a key bridge in the war effort.

Talk about a splash page! I just love me some Joe Kubert!

Of coarse Rock always puts things in their simplest terms......

Post 817 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arak
I think I just posted this in the wrong place.. should have been here
Dang! I feel bad for these people. I needed to replace my alpha 1 to complete my set ( for the second time) I place a bid 3 days ago and the max amount I was willing go for an unread - looks awesome copy. I just won it for $3 ... that's so bad ....and its Christmas too. I should probably tell ebay that I want to send some extra to them BRB

My LCS has decent grade copies of these in the $4 bin (Canadian) so $3 is fair...
Post 818 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo

Let me know which issues you need. I might have them and I'm sure we could work out a deal.
Post 819 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user

Post 820 IP   flag post
So, I had my membership credit with the other company, so this is one that I sent them because I wanted the special label.

Post 821 IP   flag post
Sent this in to get a foreshadowing on the label.

Post 822 IP   flag post
This one for the Spidey Label.

Post 823 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arak
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
bought this today...very happy with it.

Cant go wrong with DD. and that is one of the nicest 4's I have ever seen *drooling Gac !

Thank you!!! Agreed, really nice looking 4.0...couldn't resist.

From the pattern of the surface wear front and back, I'd say the paper quality has lost its suppleness. If it had a little more "flex" to it, I think the grade would better reflect how well it presents.

Almost seems a shame to keep it under the label.
Post 824 IP   flag post
Jetpack comics is running a massive sale right now. I have always had a good experience with them.
Great Variants!

https://jetpackcomics.com/
Post 825 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Added another book to my Adventure Comics "run" (actually it's more like a slow walk).

Post 826 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Not new to the collection, but newly slabbed...

Post 827 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Post 828 IP   flag post
Collector GeeWiz private msg quote post Address this user

Post 829 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Got this delivered yesterday.

I’ve been a thanos fan since the early 80s, but missed his comeback because I was not reading comics.

Glad to have this!

Post 830 IP   flag post
601456 999 30