Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to your collection #610008

Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arak
@no1lufcfan who knows maybe Ill find the rest and get to give em to you as a Christmas or birthday present

sure yer a gentleman and a scholar my friend πŸ‘ and if your a drinking man I'll send you over a barrel of the black nectar (Guinness) πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Post 726 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
New arrivals from ComicLink. The Swamp Thing is gorgeous. For the life of me, I can't figure why it scored a 7.0. Will probably crack and press before resubmitting.

Post 727 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Cop
The Swamp Thing is gorgeous. For the life of me, I can't figure why it scored a 7.0. Will probably crack and press before resubmitting.

Have to agree, white pages, sharp looking corners and I cant see any spine ticks or breaking colour from the pic. Definitely looks much better than a 7.0 πŸ‘
Post 728 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
@Doc_Cop I have a hard time believing a white pages book is a 7.0 usually that means they were treated very well. Maybe spine ticks or something. But I have an 8.0 Spider-Man 101 with a lot of spine ticks and I can’t see anything on yours. Maybe the graded had terrible hand writing and wrote what looked like a 7 by accident and no one wanted to call out the other grader lol.
Post 729 IP   flag post
I counted only one color breaking spine tick and 7 press able non-color breaking minor dings on back cover. Otherwise book is clean. This will be a good crack and press project.
Post 730 IP   flag post

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Doc_Cop - That 7.0 Swamp Thing does look too nice for that grade. My guess is there is some staining or a tear to an interior page. Book grades get hammered for stains. At the very least, you could probably get a checkmark from CBCS.
Post 731 IP   flag post
A press will bring it way up. I will let you know what I find out after cracking. Thanks.
Post 732 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
A press will bring it way up. I will let you know what I find out after cracking. Thanks.

To bad you have to pay to see the graders notes. Check out the insides carefully. I would love to see a nice scan of front and back cover.
Post 733 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
It's been nearly 20 days since I last posted a scan of a new pickup, and I just couldn't take it any longer. This came in today's mail - another Silver Age ASM to add to my runs.

Post 734 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
It's been nearly 20 days since I last posted a scan of a new pickup, and I just couldn't take it any longer. This came in today's mail - another Silver Age ASM to add to my runs.

beautiful book, 20 day withdrawal, sounds like an addiction to me, lol
Post 735 IP   flag post
@Batman66 - Thanks, but you make addiction sound like a bad thing.
Post 736 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

12 step program? I would be your sponsor but I need one myself.
Post 737 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo oh no, thought this forum is to encourage this addiction
Post 738 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

Apparently it's working (on me)!
Post 739 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

*scratches neck neck*. Y'all got any more of them comics?
Post 740 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Quote:

12 step program? I would be your sponsor but I need one myself.
It should be called a 10 point program. Lol
Post 741 IP   flag post

unfortunately I'm in rehab right now, these two did me in for a while
Post 742 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Holy shit, what a way to go though!
Post 743 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Just received in a trade with xbonk! Thanks! I always loved thus series!

Post 744 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Wow! That’s a heck of a going out party! Congrats, friend!
Post 745 IP   flag post
Got this today from eBay. Got a great deal on this Thor 337 and am very happy with what I got.

Post 746 IP   flag post
Collector Arak private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944 thank you brother . high praise indeed after seeing your setup Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
It seems often times I get so picky about books I tend never to end up getting one.

I Finally found this Hulk book with a nice wrap and clean back

One of my personal favorites. Gorgeous
"Don't make me angry Mr. McGee, You wouldn't like me when I'm angry" RIP Bill Bixby

Quote:
New arrivals from ComicLink. The Swamp Thing is gorgeous. For the life of me, I can't figure why it scored a 7.0. Will probably crack and press before resubmitting.

Great looking books Doc Gratz! . that Swamp must have some cut out or pages missing inside. from what I can see from here ..... no way that should be a 7
Post 747 IP   flag post
Quote:
Gratz my ninja that is a great book for you . How far away are you on your run?

Quote:

*Swoon* *faint* *thud* Batman O-o
Huge Gratz
Post 748 IP   flag post
Quote:
Got this today from eBay. Got a great deal on this Thor 337 and am very happy with what I got.

Gratz my ninja !!

I looked it up and the slab date was march 2015 . Do you think it has been pressed already? 4 years ago ??? kind of that iffy area..but sometimes still get lucky
Post 749 IP   flag post
Collector GeeWiz private msg quote post Address this user
Lots of books arrived today!

Post 750 IP   flag post
Nice Marvel Spotlight 28 and Ms. Marvel 17.
Post 751 IP   flag post
@GeeWiz Love that Dr Strange 1 πŸ‘ Mines in for VSP Brunner sig and press at the moment but no where near your high 9.2 grade
Post 752 IP   flag post
Quote:

"Don't make me angry Mr. McGee, You wouldn't like me when I'm angry" RIP Bill Bixby

Hard to believe that's its over 25 years since Bill Bixby passed away
Post 753 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Gratz my ninja !!

I looked it up and the slab date was march 2015 . Do you think it has been pressed already? 4 years ago ??? kind of that iffy area..but sometimes still get lucky

Don't know if people were pressing back then. don't know when it became a thing. since it would cost so much for shipping pressing and re-grading, I don't know that there is enough up-side to make it worth the money and trouble (months and months of waiting).
Post 754 IP   flag post
Got this today, champions 1, last new book for this month.
Post 755 IP   flag post
601245 999 30