Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to your collection #610008

Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user

The run is getting there... I have doubled up on 6...so if anyone needs one, let me know
Post 51 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
This came in today's mail, thanks to another deal with @Enelson.

Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Just got these from @esaravo.

They are great!

Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
3 more

Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 55 IP   flag post

I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
This came in today's mail, thanks to another deal with @Enelson.

I'm kinda mad at you @esarvo, this is one I had my eye on but you beat me to it. but fair is fair so congrats on a great book.
Post 56 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort - Sorry and thank you; but I would consider trading it to you if you make me an offer I can't refuse! Or feel free to ask me about several thousand other books that are available.
Post 57 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@esarvo, don't be sorry, I don't have anything at this point I am interested in trading. As i mentioned on another thread (i think) i thought I would slab and sell but when the books came back i kept. tough letting go.

P.S. My wife is ready to kill me if she sees one more comic mailer come to my house!

P.P.S. So i have them delivered to the UPS store (shhh...)
Post 58 IP   flag post
@sportshort - My wife (of almost 33 years) made a deal with me. I can buy as many comics as I want, as long as I sell, trade, giveaway, or throw out 10 issues for every one that I receive. (It’s probably been closer to 5:1, but don’t tell her that.)
Post 59 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
Sportshort, glad it's not just me! My wife just doesn't understand comics. I honestly think as long as I continue to invest in only high grade ( 7.0 or better)keys (silver and bronze with a smattering of copper) that the returns will beat the market. Additionally, there is a lot more enjoyment investing in comics than stocks. I am for the first time in decades renting a table at a local comic con in the Lehigh Valley next month in hopes of showing her there is money to be made in this industry. Nuff said other than your UPS secret is safe with me.
Post 60 IP   flag post
@esarvo, Please write out detailed directions to your trash bin. A million thanks.
Post 61 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Cop
Sportshort, glad it's not just me! My wife just doesn't understand comics. I honestly think as long as I continue to invest in only high grade ( 7.0 or better)keys (silver and bronze with a smattering of copper) that the returns will beat the market. Additionally, there is a lot more enjoyment investing in comics than stocks. I am for the first time in decades renting a table at a local comic con in the Lehigh Valley next month in hopes of showing her there is money to be made in this industry. Nuff said other than your UPS secret is safe with me.

My wife lets me get comics she just doesn't want me to spend more than 20 dollars every week or two on comics. She knows when a "package" arrives it's more than 20 dollars, and she's seen too many recently so I am back on the leash. UPS store rocks...
Post 62 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@sportshort - My wife (of almost 33 years) made a deal with me. I can buy as many comics as I want, as long as I sell, trade, giveaway, or throw out 10 issues for every one that I receive. (It’s probably been closer to 5:1, but don’t tell her that.)

I have a bargain in my household too...I somewhat get carte blanche as long as Bill's are paid, or if an emergency comes up I am willing to part with some to pay off some emergency bills... also, comics are my only vice...I don't drink, smoke, gamble etc...so she let's some of it go as I was a bit more rambunctious about 15years ago.

This is a funny diversion on this thread...
Post 63 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelson
Quote:

I have a bargain in my household too...I somewhat get cartr blanche as long as Bill's are paid, or if an emergency comes up I am willing to part with some to pay off some emergency bills... also, comics are my only vice...I don't drink, smoke, gamble etc...so she let's some of it go as I was a bit more rambunctious about 15years ago.

This is a funny diversion on this thread...

You've got a good deal. apparently, my wife gives me carte blanche also as long as she doesn't know about it. But she's sneaky that one, somehow she deduced that the comic shaped packages had comics in them.
Post 64 IP   flag post
LOL @sportshort! My better half is a federal agent and nothing gets by her! We finally agreed that I could open up a separate bank account just for comics with the understanding that all purchases are funded through it as well as monies going in come from the sale of books.
Post 65 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by daywalker
Uh oh...I currently have 666 votes...a lil help here!

Numbers don't mean anything.
Post 66 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
ditto here....I get no flack as long as there's no impact on day to day life/finances.
Post 67 IP   flag post
Quote:
LOL @sportshort! My better half is a federal agent and nothing gets by her! We finally agreed that I could open up a separate bank account just for comics with the understanding that all purchases are funded through it as well as monies going in come from the sale of books.

That a nice arrangement. To bad she’s now going to have to kill you for outing a Federal agent. You will be missed.

I’m jealous.
Post 68 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
ditto here....I get no flack as long as there's no impact on day to day life/finances.

Must be nice.
Post 69 IP   flag post
It is nice! I'm retired law enforcement, so a hot date for us is at the pistol range! (would rather a comic con) Nuff said....
Post 70 IP   flag post
Quote:
It is nice! I'm retired law enforcement, so a hot date for us is at the pistol range! (would rather a comic con) Nuff said....

You had me at comic con
Post 71 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I would love to meet a woman close to my age, 5th degree black belt or higher. Hot date in a sparring match... even if she kicks my ass!
Post 72 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Post 73 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley

Another SA black cover that can be difficult to acquire in high grade. I used to have a raw 8.5 with perfect cover wrap.
Post 74 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

wha...? why am I the only one with a sad story???
Post 75 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley

Another SA black cover that can be difficult to acquire in high grade. I used to have a raw 8.5 with perfect cover wrap.

Great book & cover.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Just got it. I love Alice!

Post 77 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Last 2 weeks have been good for marvel 25th anniverary covers!!

Post 78 IP   flag post
Also a Mr Monster Sketch!!!

Post 79 IP   flag post
Those Star Comics covers are difficult to find in decent shape - as a bonus the Heathcliff is news stand!!!

Just did a quick check - now have 16 of the 29 covers

Care Bears and Muppet Babies are going to be the tough ones to find in good condition and cheap!!
Post 80 IP   flag post
601275 999 30