Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to your collection #610008

Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort
The X-Men 49 looks great with a yellow label.

Post 701 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustABitEvil
@sportshort
The X-Men 49 looks great with a yellow label.

Awesome!
Post 702 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Post 703 IP   flag post
Collector MarvelousComics private msg quote post Address this user
So, I got a call from a co-worker today who heard on a yard sale radio show that a guy had 4 boxes of comics for sale for $200. He took down the number and called me. I then called the guy and woke my son up and we drove the hour to see what he had. He told me on the phone he had no idea about comics and that his son got them from his uncle and just wanted to sell them. So, I bought them.

This is a few of the good ones.

Post 704 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
@Mountie73 Bit of a steal I would say congrats πŸ‘
Post 705 IP   flag post

Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
Anniversary presents from the wife!

Post 706 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley

Another great looking group of books. Do you own a warehouse?
Post 707 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1lufcfan
@Mountie73 Bit of a steal I would say congrats πŸ‘

I would say.... Ditto
Post 708 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bige31
Anniversary presents from the wife!

She Loves me... She Loves me not... She Loves me... She Loves me not... She Loves me Yeah!!!
Post 709 IP   flag post
Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountie73
So, I got a call from a co-worker today who heard on a yard sale radio show that a guy had 4 boxes of comics for sale for $200. He took down the number and called me. I then called the guy and woke my son up and we drove the hour to see what he had. He told me on the phone he had no idea about comics and that his son got them from his uncle and just wanted to sell them. So, I bought them.

This is a few of the good ones.

Nice pickups!!!
Post 710 IP   flag post
@BigRedOne1944 that definitely played out lol. We went comic book shopping and I was trying to get a better deal and she told me just buy them but I was still thinking about it and the owner said come on man if been married long enough when the wife says it’s ok get the books haha.
Post 711 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley, you got these all at once?!

Congratulations, you've just made "The List"!

still, sweet books.
Post 712 IP   flag post
@Mountie73, Wow!

also, you just helped set a personal record, two people making "The List" on the same day.

congratulations on making The List!

I hate both you and @Studley_Dudley for having a better life (in comics) than me.
Post 713 IP   flag post
Collector Arak private msg quote post Address this user
@Mountie73 dayam , My ninja!!! Wahooooooo my boy hit that home run so hard he knocked the skin off.
200 for all that and stuff were not seeing WOW ! I am drooling like Pavlov's dog over here
Post 714 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley awesome books all around Stud.. but you know I like them DD BAM!!! Let me know if you need to sell a few Damn!
Post 715 IP   flag post
Hey this first part is a HUGE shout out to my brother John R. for hooking me up with some pristine copies that were shipped like a mobile fort knox Props to Ya John cant wait for the DEC lot

Post 716 IP   flag post
darn ..I was halfway thru and DC'd wow
ok well as my friends on the forum know I have been working my way thru my collection that I stopped in the 90's . I would say I am about 40% and have been asked to start sharing. also could some of my super kewl ninjas chime in on a good inventory software. time to start making the master list. and before I share from the 2 boxes I wanted yall to take a look at half the watchmen. dont remember buying them but they sure are beautiful and mint..hope I find the rest corners so sharp nearly took my arm off .Looks like I was the first to open it just now

Post 717 IP   flag post
@Arak Great Watchmen books πŸ‘ I regret selling my complete unread run many years ago and I'm enjoying the new series on TV
Post 718 IP   flag post
ok here is the good and the strange ...like maybe over the last 25 years 2 books procreated other books... where did that come from???????

those 4 on the left are actually some kind of giant card- Dont ask me brothers

at the very bottom of the box was some fire building material in case it gets cold

Post 719 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
@Arak

Damn, dude.

Nice discovery there, and the books look absolutely gorgeous.
Post 720 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944 @Arak @sportshort thanks fellas. I'm fortunate to live near a few really good stores that tend to get good stock in.

I have been neglecting my pence collection lately, but that should be getting remedied in the near future.
Post 721 IP   flag post
@no1lufcfan who knows maybe Ill find the rest and get to give em to you as a Christmas or birthday present

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwookie
@Arak

Damn, dude.

Nice discovery there, and the books look absolutely gorgeous.

Jabber- TY kindly sir, I was telling someone earlier that after they were locked up for a quarter century combined with the numerous times I have had my old coconut cracked its kind of like seeing new books all over again ...it will be nice to finally have them all done and cataloged
Post 722 IP   flag post
@Arak SWEET looking Watchman Books! I too wish I had held onto my set.
Post 723 IP   flag post
It seems often times I get so picky about books I tend never to end up getting one.

I Finally found this Hulk book with a nice wrap and clean back

Post 724 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
Gorgeous Hulk 102 Big Red! Kudos. The white pages are a plus as well. Nuff said...
Post 725 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arak
@no1lufcfan who knows maybe Ill find the rest and get to give em to you as a Christmas or birthday present

sure yer a gentleman and a scholar my friend πŸ‘ and if your a drinking man I'll send you over a barrel of the black nectar (Guinness) πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Post 726 IP   flag post
New arrivals from ComicLink. The Swamp Thing is gorgeous. For the life of me, I can't figure why it scored a 7.0. Will probably crack and press before resubmitting.

Post 727 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Cop
The Swamp Thing is gorgeous. For the life of me, I can't figure why it scored a 7.0. Will probably crack and press before resubmitting.

Have to agree, white pages, sharp looking corners and I cant see any spine ticks or breaking colour from the pic. Definitely looks much better than a 7.0 πŸ‘
Post 728 IP   flag post
@Doc_Cop I have a hard time believing a white pages book is a 7.0 usually that means they were treated very well. Maybe spine ticks or something. But I have an 8.0 Spider-Man 101 with a lot of spine ticks and I can’t see anything on yours. Maybe the graded had terrible hand writing and wrote what looked like a 7 by accident and no one wanted to call out the other grader lol.
Post 729 IP   flag post
I counted only one color breaking spine tick and 7 press able non-color breaking minor dings on back cover. Otherwise book is clean. This will be a good crack and press project.
Post 730 IP   flag post
600905 999 30