Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to your collection #610008

Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Got this today, great condition and fantastic Steranko cover!

Love it! I have the same issue. It's not as in good shape, but I did have Sternako sign it.

Congrats!

Post 676 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@Jabberwookie I am planning on having a couple of items (or more depending on cost) signed by Steranko in January, for sure my x-men 50 I am not sure what else to have signed but this is a good looking cover so it's in the running. Yours looks great with that sig.
Post 677 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Jabberwookie I am planning on having a couple of items (or more depending on cost) signed by Steranko in January, for sure my x-men 50 I am not sure what else to have signed but this is a good looking cover so it's in the running. Yours looks great with that sig.

I want to say he was only $20 for his autograph, so you might get a few autographs.

I can’t wait to see what you get signed!

X-men is a really good call. I wanted some trippy shield work so that’s why I went with that one.
Post 678 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@Jabberwookie I will of course post them. Thank you!
Post 679 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 680 IP   flag post

Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
On my list. Nice book!
Post 681 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user

Got this....and what's kinda extra cool is this:

Double cover!
Post 682 IP   flag post
@Enelson Neato!
Post 683 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user

thanks GAC
Post 684 IP   flag post
Ok, this the last for the month.

Post 685 IP   flag post
@GAC It's like it was Nick Fury day or something?
Post 686 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Jabberwookie Ha! It's true!!
Post 687 IP   flag post
Got this today, another great Steranko cover

Post 688 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Just back from my Pressing Guru:

Post 689 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort you my friend are going to be ready for steranko in January
Post 690 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

Trying my best buddy.
Post 691 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

Trying my best buddy.

I will be standing in line with you. Trying to contain myself to just 6 books. Pretty sure it will be X-men 49,50,51 and I'm struggling to narrow it down for the remaining 3. I love SHIELD 2 and 3 but there are so many more. I was looking through a couple Steranko books, I had forgotten how good and creative his interiors were also. While Steranko is my favorite artist, I really don't at all like his "collage" or "montage" covers.
Post 692 IP   flag post
@EbaySeller, I am trying to keep it to 3 - 5 books. Am leaning to X-men 50, Giant size Hulk 1, Strange tales 165 and maybe a captain america. the first two are for sure the others are maybe's. I will need to go through them slowly to figure out what is worth (quality wise) having signed.
Post 693 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Kick Ass Sgt Fury! I always loved that first cover! Nice Grab indeed!
Post 694 IP   flag post
Collector GeeWiz private msg quote post Address this user

Post 695 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
3 more

Post 696 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@poka that's a nice JLA 5. I've always wanted this book I think the cover is fantastic. 👍
Post 697 IP   flag post
@EbaySeller, I took a look at the x-men covers that you mentioned since I didn't recall what they looked like, I personally like 49 better than 51 and at the same time it's a key (as I am sure you already knew), 1st appearance of Lorna Dane (Polaris) that puts it in the running for Steranko's signature (for me) thanks for the heads up, still choosing though.
Post 698 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
While the x men 50 may be my favorite, this one grabs me as well
Post 699 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
While the x men 50 may be my favorite, this one grabs me as well

Although it’s not in the genre of what I collect, that’s an awesome looking cover!
Post 700 IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort
The X-Men 49 looks great with a yellow label.

Post 701 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustABitEvil
@sportshort
The X-Men 49 looks great with a yellow label.

Awesome!
Post 702 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Post 703 IP   flag post
Collector MarvelousComics private msg quote post Address this user
So, I got a call from a co-worker today who heard on a yard sale radio show that a guy had 4 boxes of comics for sale for $200. He took down the number and called me. I then called the guy and woke my son up and we drove the hour to see what he had. He told me on the phone he had no idea about comics and that his son got them from his uncle and just wanted to sell them. So, I bought them.

This is a few of the good ones.

Post 704 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
@Mountie73 Bit of a steal I would say congrats 👍
Post 705 IP   flag post
601347 999 30