Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to your collection #610008

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

wow, I was able to land my grail. My wife is the best, so happy. One thing about this book is there is nothing missing, ordered the graders notes. there should be no reason why it is a .05. I definitely will be resubmitting this book should come back at least a 1.0. This will be my last book for a long while. Will have to recoup after this purchase. Should have it in my hands on Monday, can't wait😁

Awesome!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!
Post 551 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

@poka thanks, I've seen many with full spine splits getting up to 1.8.
Post 552 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Doc_Cop I totally agree, thanks
Post 553 IP   flag post
@sportshort thanks Ruben @GAC Thanks, much appreciated
Post 554 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Post 555 IP   flag post

Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
These just in:
November 1 Friday

Post 556 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
I am always amazed in even this day and age, artists cannot render dinosaurs anatomically close to correct or attempt to research even the slightest nuance how a dinosaur should look or what its teeth, arms, or even hands might look like....
Post 557 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town

Life is filled with shortcuts and the easy way out.

How many times has the excuse, "I didnt know" been used when it would have taken 3 minutes on google. Or it's good enough...

People are inherently lazy people. Full disclosure, I am guilty as sin.
Post 558 IP   flag post
Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley

Ooooo...a Pressman variant!
Post 559 IP   flag post
Collector Arak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

wow, I was able to land my grail. My wife is the best, so happy. One thing about this book is there is nothing missing, ordered the graders notes. there should be no reason why it is a .05. I definitely will be resubmitting this book should come back at least a 1.0. This will be my last book for a long while. Will have to recoup after this purchase. Should have it in my hands on Monday, can't wait😁[/quot

Congrats !! that is a great story . So happy
Post 560 IP   flag post
Quote:

wow, I was able to land my grail. My wife is the best, so happy. One thing about this book is there is nothing missing, ordered the graders notes. there should be no reason why it is a .05. I definitely will be resubmitting this book should come back at least a 1.0. This will be my last book for a long while. Will have to recoup after this purchase. Should have it in my hands on Monday, can't wait😁
I am curious what will make the book on resub rise a half to a full grade from what was given...do you plan on having tape removed or press and clean or just feel the original grade was inaccurate?
I only ask because I have an amazing 1, and a FF 1 in similar grade and have always wondered how they would grade up etc....
Post 561 IP   flag post
Collector Arak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
plus 1plus 1plus 16
Quote:

Beautiful Books my ninja quick reminder of my sister and I walking through the snow in Fairbanks, Alaska .. We stopped and bought the 183 with change left over from movies.. couldnt wait to get home to read it .. or couldnt wait to get home since it was 35 below 0 .... maybe both
Post 562 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town I believe those dinosaurs in the Turok (Valiant) comics were actually genius and used machinery (nano technology) etc. So they aren't the normal, regular dinosaurs were used to.
Post 563 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
@Darkseid_of_town I believe those dinosaurs in the Torok (Valiant) comics were actually genius and used machinery (nano technology) etc. So they aren't the normal, regular dinosaurs were used to.
makes more sense if they were robotic machines, because dinosaurs never looked like that ! Kind of kills the entire point of Turok dinosaur hunter if they weren't dinosaurs but I get it...
Post 564 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town yeah, it's weird. I guess Valiant tried to refresh the Turok story they bought from Gold Key Comics, by giving it a twist, while adding him to the Magnus the Robot Fighter story line.
Post 565 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
These just in. Had to jump on some Kirby art. Couldn’t pass up ol hornhead, either.

Post 566 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
3 more

Post 567 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@poka really like your Nova #1.
Post 568 IP   flag post
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
Glad to have the first "modern" Turok at last. Graded too is a plus.

Post 569 IP   flag post
Collector GeeWiz private msg quote post Address this user
These ones are courtesy of forum member @Mountie73

Post 570 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town I've seen many books that have a full spine split up to 1.8, .05 are for lower grade books with missing page, coupon, back cover or in really really rough shape. I will crack it open, have it pressed, it should come back a 1.0. When I do, I'll post the picture,
Post 571 IP   flag post

went to look at a Toyota Landcruiser out in the middle of nowhere to buy, didn't buy the Toyota but I always ask if they have any comic books they want to sell, bought 1500 plus comic books, nothing great, lots of duplicate, torok 1, 10 copies, marvel milestones X-Men 1, 5 copies, etc for $50 for all, bought all these albums, has to be roughly 2,000 for 200. Not keeping anything, just picked them up to resale. I brought my wife's Toyota Tacoma, filled every inch of that truck. I was amazed I got everything to fit, the 4x was a low rider. Those records are heavy, lol
Post 572 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Darkseid_of_town I've seen many books that have a full spine split up to 1.8, .05 are for lower grade books with missing page, coupon, back cover or in really really rough shape. I will crack it open, have it pressed, it should come back a 1.0. When I do, I'll post the picture,
I wish you the best possible outcome on this project...and hope you are right, mostly because if you are it bodes more hope than I had given my #1 Amazing and FF 1....Always felt both of these books would be lucky to pull a .5 but if yours can get a 1.0 mine should too....they look like they came from the same collection as yours ! The times we live in now...when a key book like this even in .5 commands a 7,000 dollar price tag, yikes

Post 573 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
It's been a while, here are some pick ups post NYCC

I like the universe Matt Kindt and Tyler Jenkins are building with Grass Kings and Black Badge

Found an Esad Ribic Bloodshot cover that I had to have.

Post 574 IP   flag post
I’m sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user
Been looking for this for awhile. Finally got one at a decent price ☺️
Post 575 IP   flag post
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user

Didn't expect to pick this up for the price I paid, but certainly no complaints!
Post 576 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user

Shi HORIHACHI EDITION, been looking for this one a long time.
Post 577 IP   flag post
Just arrived today.
November 4 Monday

Limited to 300 copies.
Horror Comics #1

Four copies of Bloodstone #1

Post 578 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user

Been slowing down but got this at a great price...and it's a way higher grade then I thought

...and got another monster coming back in
Post 579 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Nice Pick Up Ed!
Post 580 IP   flag post
601505 999 30