Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to your collection #610008

Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Just got these in the mail today:
October 28 Monday

Immortal Hulk #24
Hard to find in mint condition due to the black cover.

Post 526 IP   flag post
Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user
Last weeks haul! I believe I had said previously that I don't really collect these Zenescope books. Apparently I do now

Post 527 IP   flag post
Collector Arak private msg quote post Address this user
Snuck up on this puppy at the auction. Buy Low/Sell High

Post 528 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@GanaSoth Love the Creeper 1! Ditko genius!
Post 529 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
me and new gods 7...the struggle is real...I have probably added ten more including a signed copy from Mike Royer

I can appreciate falling in love with a cover. even though I only have one x-men 50 does it for me. @Darseid_of_town, what about this comic, does it for you?
Post 530 IP   flag post

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
This came in today.

Post 531 IP   flag post
Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
This came in today.

Did you send it in to be graded or did you buy it already graded?
Post 532 IP   flag post
I sent it in. I've had the book for years.
Post 533 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
me and new gods 7...the struggle is real...I have probably added ten more including a signed copy from Mike Royer

I can appreciate falling in love with a cover. even though I only have one x-men 50 does it for me. @Darseid_of_town, what about this comic, does it for you?
I too have a love for x men 50...have a slabbed 8.5 signed by Steranko, as well as about four loose copies.

the new gods things goes back to age 7 and a trip to new York as a child..mom bought me two comics from a vendor to quiet me up...a Kamandi 1 and New gods 7....years later when I was wandering around in a comic store buying transformers issues for my younger brother I posed the question...do you remember a comic with people dressed like bugs and planets bombing one another and stuff....we looked high and low till the comic shop dealer finally showed me new gods 7....I was off and running, collected everything new gods, then Mister miracle, then forever people, then Kirby then..well you get the idea...it was the book that led me into this path ...
Post 534 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town , I figured there was a good story behind your collection. Thanks for sharing.
Post 535 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
An upgrade to my 31 and another pre-100 to get me closer to a full 1st series spidey set.

Post 536 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
very nice! Very solid Ditko cover.
Post 537 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
This just in, for my personal collection.
October 30 Wednesday

My reader copy below.
The cover came off, so I did some extensive restoration by adding pieces, and laminating the front and rear covers (exterior and interior). I then restapled it to the book (spine through centerfold) so I can read it as many times I want without having to be careful. A guilty pleasure...

Post 538 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
This came in today.

Got to be one of my favorites ..so very nice nice snag brother
Post 539 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
New pick ups today

Post 540 IP   flag post
HUge Shout out to my buddy RedGiant from the other forum for these So CALLED READERS he sold me , that arrived today.. felt like a early Christmas

Post 541 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Got this slab (and a handful of raw issues) from @enelson about a week or so ago. This is one of only a few modern books that I feel is worth reading. So give it a shot and be pleasantly surprised.

Post 542 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Won this in an auction a few days ago and it showed up today! A classic Steranko cover with a groovy 1960's vibe.

Post 543 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo LOVE those "mod" Steranko Nick Fury covers! Beautiful!
Post 544 IP   flag post
@DWeeB1967 - Thanks, David. I still need to send you some horror scans.
Post 545 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo And I still owe you a list of horror issues. 😆
Post 546 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

wow, I was able to land my grail. My wife is the best, so happy. One thing about this book is there is nothing missing, ordered the graders notes. there should be no reason why it is a .05. I definitely will be resubmitting this book should come back at least a 1.0. This will be my last book for a long while. Will have to recoup after this purchase. Should have it in my hands on Monday, can't wait😁
Post 547 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
Your wife is the best!! Kudos.
Post 548 IP   flag post
Gary you lucky dog. Congrats!!
Post 549 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

wow, I was able to land my grail. My wife is the best, so happy. One thing about this book is there is nothing missing, ordered the graders notes. there should be no reason why it is a .05. I definitely will be resubmitting this book should come back at least a 1.0. This will be my last book for a long while. Will have to recoup after this purchase. Should have it in my hands on Monday, can't wait😁

Nice pickup.
Post 550 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

Awesome!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!
Post 551 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

@poka thanks, I've seen many with full spine splits getting up to 1.8.
Post 552 IP   flag post
@Doc_Cop I totally agree, thanks
Post 553 IP   flag post
@sportshort thanks Ruben @GAC Thanks, much appreciated
Post 554 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Post 555 IP   flag post
601280 999 30