Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to your collection #610008

Collector MarvelousComics private msg quote post Address this user
Be sure to sign up for the Gift Exchange on the designated thread. It's a lot of fun! The deadline is quickly approaching.
Post 501 IP   flag post
Collector Arak private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster I almost thought that was Roy and Dale for a minute till I scrolled down... still damn nice .
Gratz!
Post 502 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this yesterday,Journey into Mystery 100

Post 503 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Tacoma comic Con today.
Bought some books.

Post 504 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Just got in in yesterday...bummed the C-1 ct couldn't be removed...oh well...still a cool book
Post 505 IP   flag post

Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
3 more books

Post 506 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@poka love the GL76!!!
Post 507 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@poka love the GL76!!!

yeah - got it slabbed myself
Post 508 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@poka love the GL76!!!

yeah - got it slabbed myself

I've got 2 in Received status at CBCS right now. I hope to get the same grade you've got but I suspect they'll come in a little lower...fingers crossed.
Post 509 IP   flag post
2 more for my collection - thanks @GAC for the trade

Post 510 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
At the con yesterday I picked up more books for my May 1972 collection.

A few dealers there helped me hunt these books from their short boxes after I told them exactly what I needed for my May 72 runs.
Just need 65 more books. Unless I find more books published in 72 with a May on the cover.
Post 511 IP   flag post
I also picked up books I've never seen before and books I think had cool covers like this Outlaw kid 10.

All marvel picture frame books. I'd like to get a full run of these.
Post 512 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross May 1972? Your birth year & month? If so that's pretty cool idea.
Post 513 IP   flag post
@GanaSoth Thanks mate. The going joke that my wife keeps saying is that I'll end up in some backward town in the middle of no where going thru a old dusty shop to pick up the last book needed a Bobby Sherman 3 🤪
Post 514 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross

I love the western Books Rawhide Kid, Two Gun Kid and Outlaw Kid. Great Covers from Larry Lieber, John Severin and Gil Kane. I have completed my jonah Hex run awhile back and should pick up on another great western title like these.

Post 515 IP   flag post
@BigRedOne1944 that's a cool run of Hex.
I was surprised at some of these stories in the 70s marvel westerns. Two gun kid shoots the guns out of his enemies hands while the Rawhide kid just plain shoots them dead.
Fun reads. I was hoping by collecting all books the year and month I was born that I'd get exposed to books I'd never consider picking up and reading and be pleasantly surprised.
Post 516 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
@BigRedOne1944 that's a cool run of Hex.
I was surprised at some of these stories in the 70s marvel westerns. Two gun kid shoots the guns out of his enemies hands while the Rawhide kid just plain shoots them dead.
Fun reads. I was hoping by collecting all books the year and month I was born that I'd get exposed to books I'd never consider picking up and reading and be pleasantly surprised.

Great idea with your birth year! It seems often times people spend so much time and money on "Key Books" that they miss out on many of the actual best stories and Issues at a much lower cost.

This was kind of highlighted in the Interview last night with Steve Borock.

I can't remember what "Super Key" book he was talking about, but he said aside from the great cover it was the worst comic book he ever read.
Post 517 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Post office delivers on Sundays now?

Thanks @esaravo! Great as always.

Post 518 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley - Man that was fast! I am always happy to see them get safely to a new home where they will be appreciated, so thank you, Mike.
Post 519 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@GanaSoth Thanks mate. The going joke that my wife keeps saying is that I'll end up in some backward town in the middle of no where going thru a old dusty shop to pick up the last book needed a Bobby Sherman 3 🤪
I do something similar, with the first appearances of characters from my birthyear....Zatanna, Enchantress, Scarlet witch, Black widow....they all began the same year
Post 520 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley not sure if it is the same but my dhl courier just started delivering on sundays. when i asked her she said they now deliver on sundays until christmas
Post 521 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
@Studley_Dudley not sure if it is the same but my dhl courier just started delivering on sundays. when i asked her she said they now deliver on sundays until christmas

This was US Post Office. I've seen them deliver on Sundays before, mostly when they deliver Amazon packages.
Post 522 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
From usps site
(A pdf on holiday hours)

Doesn’t the Postal service
already deliver on Sundays?
Yes. The Postal Service
currently delivers Priority Mail
Express and certain Amazon
packages on Sundays. Due
to increased package volume,
we are expanding the types of
packages that will be delivered
on Sundays.
Post 523 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:
I do something similar, with the first appearances of characters from my birthyear....Zatanna, Enchantress, Scarlet witch, Black widow....they all began the same year

That's a really cool idea to do.
Post 524 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That's a really cool idea to do.
uh yes and no..my birth year was 1964 and that coincides with a pretty hefty number of character intros that aren't cheap nowdays....Luckily I bought most of them back when they were affordable...cause nowdays getting an x men 4, a TOS 52 or Hawkman 4 in decent shape can get kinda intimidating
Post 525 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Just got these in the mail today:
October 28 Monday

Immortal Hulk #24
Hard to find in mint condition due to the black cover.

Post 526 IP   flag post
Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user
Last weeks haul! I believe I had said previously that I don't really collect these Zenescope books. Apparently I do now

Post 527 IP   flag post
Collector Arak private msg quote post Address this user
Snuck up on this puppy at the auction. Buy Low/Sell High

Post 528 IP   flag post
@GanaSoth Love the Creeper 1! Ditko genius!
Post 529 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
me and new gods 7...the struggle is real...I have probably added ten more including a signed copy from Mike Royer

I can appreciate falling in love with a cover. even though I only have one x-men 50 does it for me. @Darseid_of_town, what about this comic, does it for you?
Post 530 IP   flag post
601455 999 30