Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to your collection #610008

Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66

Hulk 181 was my actual #1 grail. I am a Wolverine and X-Men fan. Might have to do some saving for an X-Men 1. I think that will be my next big target but not as immediate. I picked up IH 181 and GSX within a couple months. Needs some time for my bank account to breathe.
Post 476 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
Some of McFarlane's finest work. Also hell to find in 9.8 with the jet black cover.

Nice Call on that Book. The McFarlane Run of Covers on the Marvel Tales Series are Quite Nice Indeed. Mike Zeck also did some memorable covers as well.

Post 477 IP   flag post
Collector Arak private msg quote post Address this user
Gorgeous books indeed

A moment of silence - I have got to have it
Tom Landry and them Cowboys

and the winner is New Teen Titans ...I love Kory Anders aka Crown Princess Koriand'r

in the live show I think Dove could be my true love
Post 478 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user

Post 479 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
Mountie, Kudos on you X-Men Giant Size #1! Any interest in selling the Moment of Silence comic to a 9/11 first responder?
Post 480 IP   flag post

Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
Frontier2XExterra, Very, Very nice ASM!
Post 481 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I ALMOST threw this one out!!! It is an oversized comic like Damned was. MCS taped it to a piece of filler cardboard. When I open my package, everything else was on top of that filler board. I got so distracted by the other ones that I forgot this one showed up!!! Anyways, when I went back to the box to break it down there she was - Harleen #1!!!

Post 482 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
I ALMOST threw this one out!!! It is an oversized comic like Damned was. MCS taped it to a piece of filler cardboard. When I open my package, everything else was on top of that filler board. I got so distracted by the other ones that I forgot this one showed up!!! Anyways, when I went back to the box to break it down there she was - Harleen #1!!!

Your love of recycling finally paid dividends.
Post 483 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort LOL!!!!
Post 484 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
@Doc_Cop thanks!
Post 485 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone like a minty new mutants 87?

Post 486 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 487 IP   flag post
Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross

Wow, those look like some nice clean copies!
Post 488 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Posted this in the something awesome thread but to make sure people know this is out there and newly released....Gamestop exclusive Emma Frost PVC diorama ….amd its gorgeous

best part, is even as large and hefty as it is, its only 49.99, a limited exclusive to Gamestop and it was newly released. Delighted with my purchase

Oh boy - Now I know
Post 489 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@daywalker Thanks. Pretty much was cherry picking thru a original owner collection on consignment at my local comic shop
Post 490 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Got this today and at a great price thanks to @xkonk!

Post 491 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@enelson Thanks for another successful trade!!!

Post 492 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 493 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Got this today and at a great price thanks to @xkonk!

Love this book. I've been collecting the What If run for years. Only need a few 9.8s to finish it. Last check I had 4 copies of #10 lol
Post 494 IP   flag post
@the420bandito

4? what is wrong with you man!? (that you don't share the wealth?)

here I was all happy that I finally had 1... Turns out i'm just an amateur.
Post 495 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Just arrived today...

Post 496 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
And that’s my budget for the month...

Post 497 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
@the420bandito

4? what is wrong with you man!? (that you don't share the wealth?)

here I was all happy that I finally had 1... Turns out i'm just an amateur.

Heh. If I can quote Egg Shen "See? That was nothing. But that's how it always begins. Very small."

Kind of went down like this. ~2006 I started the run, buying raws and eventually getting into graded books from 9.2-9.6. That morphed into 9.8 books only. No one really cared about these books at the time and they were ultra cheap. My collector buddy even goofed on me for collecting this run. Then GOTG came along and the rest if history. And in all honesty I never thought this run was going to increase in value, it was just about collecting.

(the 4th book is raw and in a box behind a wall of toys I think)
Post 498 IP   flag post
@the420bandito

That a very similar story to my friend He started collecting silver surfer 4 because he loved the cover. Probably has about 10 all together.
Post 499 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
me and new gods 7...the struggle is real...I have probably added ten more including a signed copy from Mike Royer
Post 500 IP   flag post
Collector MarvelousComics private msg quote post Address this user
Be sure to sign up for the Gift Exchange on the designated thread. It's a lot of fun! The deadline is quickly approaching.
Post 501 IP   flag post
Collector Arak private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster I almost thought that was Roy and Dale for a minute till I scrolled down... still damn nice .
Gratz!
Post 502 IP   flag post
Just got this yesterday,Journey into Mystery 100

Post 503 IP   flag post
Tacoma comic Con today.
Bought some books.

Post 504 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Just got in in yesterday...bummed the C-1 ct couldn't be removed...oh well...still a cool book
Post 505 IP   flag post
598074 999 30