Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to your collection #610008

I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross "So when you do find a good bricks and mortar store cultivating a good relationship with the owner not only helps them out with regular sales it also helps you to pick up cool books more cheaply in the long run.
Especially when you get first crack at the good stuff as it comes into the store.
Just a observation I wanted to share with my fellow collectors."

@southerncross, that's a great teaching lesson. The problem that I've always had and still have are that the owner of the store that I knew for many many years (who's went out of business a few years ago) was selling his older books for 3 times what they were worth so even if he gave me 50% off (which he wasn't)I would've still been overpaying. Finally a new store has opened in our mall and they seem nice and I have chatted the owner up but the story is the same, back issues way way overpriced. I understand that it's a tough nut to crack, having a store in the mall, but i'm unwilling to overpay for anything. I do wish them luck since it is the store my son (who reads current stuff) buys his comics there but I can't afford any of their older stock.
Post 376 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I had the first issue of this which was funny and offensive.
I bought this for $1. It's mildly funny and very offensive too.

The Unauthorized Lampoon of Howard Stern Vol. 2

Post 377 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I screwed up at a comic show today. I bought an issue of Black Magic and I was thinking about the cover art on the UK version when I bought it. The UK version has an EC reprint in it. Afterwards I realized I'd bought the original US version. Duh! It was a worthy comic to own with a Kirby cover, but it wasn't really in the scope of what I collect.

I traded it and added some cash to get this instead. It is more in the scope of what I want to own.

Journey Into Mystery #61

I paid full price as a result of recovering from my mistake. It's a very solid copy despite the spine ticks. I usually target a slightly lower grade jut to own them.
Post 378 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort That's not good when all books are overpriced.
The old store I mentioned in Australia sold to a new owner unfortunately they have another business they live off and the comic shop is like a hobby. They have a massive selection of wall books but all overpriced even the over published 90s books in the back issue bins.
Shame stores are set up like that.
I'm not saying all the keys should be bargains but when even the drek $1 books have a $5 price tag it's not the shop for me.
Post 379 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Also picked up the entire infinity gauntlet set in NM and world war hulk set in NM. Did a video of scrolling through the sets but won’t let me upload it. Don’t want to take 11 different pics lol.
Post 380 IP   flag post

Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@Frontier2Xterra Infinity gauntlet. The only comic book series that I was eagerly waiting for the next issue to appear. No other series even great to read has ever done that for me since. Nice pick up 👍
Post 381 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier2Xterra
Upgraded my raw copy to this graded one.

Outstanding looking upgrade of the Spidey/Medusa Book. Ive been looking for a nice copy of ASM #66 (Mysterio. ASM books in this #60 to #70 are getting more and more expensive. Especially the Higher grades 8.0 and above that are more to my liking.

Congrats again on that fine looking Book!
Post 382 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Some Bronze Age beauties that I picked up today at a show.

Post 383 IP   flag post
Here are some more from today. Picked up about half of a half box of good stuff today.

Post 384 IP   flag post
A few more decent books from today.

Post 385 IP   flag post

Robinson Crusoe book and record set still in the wrapper.
Post 386 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

this happened today
Post 387 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

this happened today

We have a winner!
Post 388 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

highlight of the day, had Lou ferrigno sign my hulk 102, it was witnessed so off to grading

jim starlin signed 6-7 books for me, what a great guy
Post 389 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

highlight of the day, had Lou ferrigno sign my hulk 102, it was witnessed so off to grading

jim starlin signed 6-7 books for me, what a great guy
Just filled with envy, have always wanted anything signed by Lou...so awesome...way to go !! If I had known you were doing that I would have cheerfully paid for something too
Post 390 IP   flag post
Quote:

this happened today
Dont let Ed see this one
Post 391 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
Saturday October 12th
Doctor Doom #1 1:25 - beautiful cover.

I don't buy a lot of variants, but I picked this one up as well. Really liked this cover.
Post 392 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town I didn't know he was going to be there until Saturday. I was going through some of my books I wanted to submit and I pulled out the 102 and had totally forgot he was going to be there. When I did remember I was telling my wife wow totally forgot Lou was going to be at the show and trying to remember (yes I'm old and forgetful) what book I had that I wanted him to sign. Then it dawned on me that I had the 102 in my case, it was perfect, time period and all. I do regret not paying the 40 for a picture
Post 393 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:

this happened today
Dont let Ed see this one

I already did - it's magnificient! But it makes me...

Post 394 IP   flag post
Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user
My latest haul!
Got some nice Tomb of Dracula issues!

Post 395 IP   flag post
And a few Werewolf by Night
Post 396 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
That #45 is a smokin' cover! Kudos.. Nuff said.
Post 397 IP   flag post
An early Moon Knight appearance

Post 398 IP   flag post
And some I’m most excited about!

Post 399 IP   flag post
@daywalker nice haul, especially the last post, congrats
Post 400 IP   flag post
@daywalker All great books and perfect timing with Halloween around the corner. Makes me want to get out my 45 record of Werewolf by Night. I listened to it this time last year. It is pretty darn good. Origin story.
Post 401 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
@daywalker All great books and perfect timing with Halloween around the corner. Makes me want to get out my 45 record of Werewolf by Night. I listened to it this time last year. It is pretty darn good. Origin story.

I’ll have to check it out! I used to have a bunch of those 45’s when I was younger! Ahhhh the good old times!
Post 402 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Darkseid_of_town I didn't know he was going to be there until Saturday. I was going through some of my books I wanted to submit and I pulled out the 102 and had totally forgot he was going to be there. When I did remember I was telling my wife wow totally forgot Lou was going to be at the show and trying to remember (yes I'm old and forgetful) what book I had that I wanted him to sign. Then it dawned on me that I had the 102 in my case, it was perfect, time period and all. I do regret not paying the 40 for a picture
If you ever go down that road again let me know, he doesn't make it to the few local shows around here, and I being a hulk owner, would love to have anything he signed. He was my generations hulk, we did not need CGI...we had Lou
Post 403 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town yeah and he still looks great
Post 404 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
I just liked this cover.

Post 405 IP   flag post
601195 999 30