Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to your collection #610008

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
The latest addition to my X-Men run thanks to @Studley_Dudley.

Post 351 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo looks awesome!!! I've got a beat up X-men 33(?) which is the same cover. Congrats on the book!!!
Post 352 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC - Thanks (hey we still haven't finished our trade). I have the #33, but haven't submitted it for grading yet. I just noticed something about this book that I think is pretty neat. It has a ComicLink sticker on the back label (okay, that part's not very interesting or exciting), and as I was entering this book onto my Excel spreadsheet for graded X-Men, I noticed that I have an X-Men #86 with the next serial number (and yes, I won that book in a ComicLink auction a few years ago. So @Studley_Dudley could have won this book at the same auction. It also means that both books came from the same collector/collection and were submitted to CBCS for grading in the same order. Now they are united again in my collection.
Post 353 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

May 1972
Post 354 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 355 IP   flag post

Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Saturday October 12th
Was in New Jersey all week (work).
Returned home & these were waiting for me:

Nightmare #13 - beautiful cover.

Secrets of Sinister House #1

Journey into Mystery #1 Vol.2

Doctor Doom #1 1:25 - beautiful cover.

Venom #17 - Second Print - Sleeper Cover Appearance

Micronauts #1 - Two Copies

Micronauts #2 & #3

Micronauts #4 & #5

Micronauts #6

Post 356 IP   flag post
Collector andy49 private msg quote post Address this user
really like the nightmare 13
Post 357 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I got these three comics off of eBay the other day. I actually only bought the Punk Mambo #0. It was $1.99 plus like $6.00 shipping. It is in nm condition and it usually runs $8-$12 plus shipping for it. I had it on a watch list on MCS for a long time. It popped up once for over $11 for a NM copy. At the time, that was actually right in line than the copies on eBay and even a bit cheaper than some of the listings. Anyways, I snapped this one up when I saw it for $1.99. Imagine my surprise when I opened up the Gemini mailer and found three comics!!! Neither one is very valuable, but hey, they were free!!! The Free comic Book Day comic from 12 Gauge is a flip comic. It has "Loose Ends" in one half and "ICE" in the other half.

Post 358 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Picked up these 3. Been on the list too long. The FF 6 is a rag, but now it’s my rag
Post 359 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
Picked up these 3. Been on the list too long. The FF 6 is a rag, but now it’s my rag

They're ALL awesome!!!! congrats man!!
Post 360 IP   flag post
@esaravo always up for a trade!! let me know where we left off.
Post 361 IP   flag post
Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog

I had that Batman, but for some reason sold it! Aaaarrrrggghhh!😫
Post 362 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Just picked these up in a collection I bought yesterday along with 500+ non graded comics

Post 363 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross

May 1972

Congrats on those black covers! They look beautiful!
Post 364 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Part of a dual sale-trade with @esaravo. I can't recommend it enough for everyone to work with Ed.

That's also pretty cool about the X-Men book being reunited with its other half in terms of serial number.
Post 365 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley Thanks
Post 366 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Just bought;

Post 367 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
@Frontier2Xterra
Those are some seriously cool books. Congratulations on picking up such key books.
Post 368 IP   flag post
Ive been trying to pick up a Few more Strange Tales Issues. I would probably have more, but Im so picky about the condition and how the book presents. I was quite happy with this one. A beautiful Marie Severin Cover, another legendary Artist that often gets overlooked and under appreciated.

and here it is in my "cyber Slab" with all the vital book info

I have scoured all the ebay listings for a Strange Tales #151 which features the first marvel work by Jim Steranko, but have yet to find an acceptable copy. Im also not beyond crack out slabbed books. I will look at 7.0 - 7.5 books if they present well, but I typically like to have 8.0 or better books.
Post 369 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
I picked these up today at LA Comic Con. I had never heard of Wednesday Comics until I heard and saw them posted in these forums a few days ago and they were only a dollar each and in great condition.

Post 370 IP   flag post
@sportshort Dude those are serious steals at a buck each!
Post 371 IP   flag post
Upgraded my raw copy to this graded one.

Post 372 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
@sportshort Dude those are serious steals at a buck each!

Thanks! The Wednesday Comics look like they are brand new.
Post 373 IP   flag post
I've not been buying much silver lately. My local comic shop has a large consignment of bronze. Unfortunately I located this shop way after all the keys got snapped up like 3 copies of hulk 181. But that's ok as I've been picking up some nice condition books that are left at my leisure.

Post 374 IP   flag post
I'm quite fortunate after living in the north west for five years to finally find a comic shop that's easy to get to and even though he sells new books he is really into vintage books and actively buying and consigning collections. I've been cultivating a good relationship with him popping into his store every two weeks and I get good deals.
I did this back in Australia when a over street advisor had a store and I'd get good deals like.

Books like these for $5 each and

This book for free. Nothing wrong with the tales except wear and a ink stain on the front of the cover.
For free I'm not haggling over the price 😜

So when you do find a good bricks and mortar store cultivating a good relationship with the owner not only helps them out with regular sales it also helps you to pick up cool books more cheaply in the long run.
Especially when you get first crack at the good stuff as it comes into the store.
Just a observation I wanted to share with my fellow collectors.
Post 375 IP   flag post
@southerncross "So when you do find a good bricks and mortar store cultivating a good relationship with the owner not only helps them out with regular sales it also helps you to pick up cool books more cheaply in the long run.
Especially when you get first crack at the good stuff as it comes into the store.
Just a observation I wanted to share with my fellow collectors."

@southerncross, that's a great teaching lesson. The problem that I've always had and still have are that the owner of the store that I knew for many many years (who's went out of business a few years ago) was selling his older books for 3 times what they were worth so even if he gave me 50% off (which he wasn't)I would've still been overpaying. Finally a new store has opened in our mall and they seem nice and I have chatted the owner up but the story is the same, back issues way way overpriced. I understand that it's a tough nut to crack, having a store in the mall, but i'm unwilling to overpay for anything. I do wish them luck since it is the store my son (who reads current stuff) buys his comics there but I can't afford any of their older stock.
Post 376 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I had the first issue of this which was funny and offensive.
I bought this for $1. It's mildly funny and very offensive too.

The Unauthorized Lampoon of Howard Stern Vol. 2

Post 377 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I screwed up at a comic show today. I bought an issue of Black Magic and I was thinking about the cover art on the UK version when I bought it. The UK version has an EC reprint in it. Afterwards I realized I'd bought the original US version. Duh! It was a worthy comic to own with a Kirby cover, but it wasn't really in the scope of what I collect.

I traded it and added some cash to get this instead. It is more in the scope of what I want to own.

Journey Into Mystery #61

I paid full price as a result of recovering from my mistake. It's a very solid copy despite the spine ticks. I usually target a slightly lower grade jut to own them.
Post 378 IP   flag post
@sportshort That's not good when all books are overpriced.
The old store I mentioned in Australia sold to a new owner unfortunately they have another business they live off and the comic shop is like a hobby. They have a massive selection of wall books but all overpriced even the over published 90s books in the back issue bins.
Shame stores are set up like that.
I'm not saying all the keys should be bargains but when even the drek $1 books have a $5 price tag it's not the shop for me.
Post 379 IP   flag post
Also picked up the entire infinity gauntlet set in NM and world war hulk set in NM. Did a video of scrolling through the sets but won’t let me upload it. Don’t want to take 11 different pics lol.
Post 380 IP   flag post
601288 999 30