Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to your collection #610008

Collector Red_Blade private msg quote post Address this user
I picked up several comics last week. Most notable is the Aero 3 Philippines Exclusive variant.
But before we get to my post here's Portacio and Pak with the variant at NYCC. Not sure if they sold a few copies there or if they just posed for a selfie with a copy of the book to tease Philippine fans on social media (since Portacio is coming next week).

Pic from Portacio's social media.

And here are my copies. 2 Virgins and a Trade:

I like Phillipines Exclusive variants as they're low risk high reward investments wise.

And since he'll be in the Philippines I also picked up a few Wetworks and prepped them for signing, because why not?

My phone is running low on battery now, hope I could share more of what I bought later.
Post 326 IP   flag post
Collector Red_Blade private msg quote post Address this user
You know that Philippine Exclusive variant of War of the Realms: New Agents of Atlas #1 that's being sold for hundreds of dollars each? I don't think I've ever shown my copies here. So here are my raws. Also the ones I've sent in for grading have not returned yet. Will take MONTHS as we're sooo far away here.
Virgins, trades, black & whites, color splash, unsigned, single signed, double signed... I have it all.

Also purchased my second batch of Aero #1 Philippine Exclusive variant. Two more virgins and one more splash trade.

Post 327 IP   flag post
Collector danzies private msg quote post Address this user

While on vacation in North Dakota I found this bad boy for cheap!
Post 328 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user

I wanted this book in high grade for years, now I have 2.😲

This one is going to be for sale
Post 329 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by danzies

While on vacation in North Dakota I found this bad boy for cheap!

I'm heading to Bismarck next week. I remember a shop downtown. They had a decent selection from what I remember. Nice find!
Post 330 IP   flag post

Collector danzies private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you...right now its snowing like crazy lol
Post 331 IP   flag post
When I lived in ND, I swear it was like Hoth. I used to joke about riding my tauntaun to work. I still enjoy visiting friends out there and would consider moving there again.
Post 332 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Nothing earth shattering this week but good books none the less.
Actually have WW #7 in for grading right now with witnessed sig by Perez -couldn't pass this one up though.
Also have Batgirl in CGC SS by Mignola 9.4?? (would have to dig it out to be sure - didn't know about pressing back then so maybe higher?)

Thinking the WW 7's and 9's will all get graded and sold when the new movie comes out!!
Might even part with my signed Batgirl?

Post 333 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user

Im now down to needing only two issues to complete my Frank Miller Daredevil Run
Post 334 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

got these two books in the mail yesterday, the invaders is suppose to be a cover swipe for all winners 4, one of my favorite golden age covers
Post 335 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 336 IP   flag post

Post 337 IP   flag post
Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley

Tomb of Dracula #10 nice pickup!
Post 338 IP   flag post
@daywalker Thank you! I need to stop making unscheduled trips to the store. Random goodies always show up.
Post 339 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
@daywalker Thank you! I need to stop making unscheduled trips to the store. Random goodies always show up.

The tomb is a excellent pickup congrats
Post 340 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

got these two books in the mail yesterday, the invaders is suppose to be a cover swipe for all winners 4, one of my favorite golden age covers
Always loved that Invaders cover...to me its done even better than the original was
Post 341 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Nothing earth shattering this week but good books none the less.
Actually have WW #7 in for grading right now with witnessed sig by Perez -couldn't pass this one up though.
Also have Batgirl in CGC SS by Mignola 9.4?? (would have to dig it out to be sure - didn't know about pressing back then so maybe higher?)

Thinking the WW 7's and 9's will all get graded and sold when the new movie comes out!!
Might even part with my signed Batgirl?

Almost anything she hulk these days is fire, but I wondered is there some spec happening on these early wonder number wonder woman books from this series?
Post 342 IP   flag post
Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user
I should be getting some goodies tomorrow myself! I’ll post as soon as I can...gotta work all weekend.
Post 343 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user

"White Pages"🤣
Post 344 IP   flag post
that comics is the literal definition of well loved and read I think...but with white pages
Post 345 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
1st Joker Luthor team-up

Post 346 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town Always loved that Invaders cover...to me its done even better than the original was

I'm a classic guy,I do like the invaders swipe, but the timely covers, especially the all winners 4 is just the best. Like Batman 227, Neal Adams swipe of Tec 31, again I really like the 227, but I love the Tec 31 cover
Post 347 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

But it is the 3rd book (Iron Man #1) that made me go ohh la la!
Post 348 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
3 more books - still have some catching up to do

Post 349 IP   flag post
Collector andy49 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 350 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
The latest addition to my X-Men run thanks to @Studley_Dudley.

Post 351 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo looks awesome!!! I've got a beat up X-men 33(?) which is the same cover. Congrats on the book!!!
Post 352 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC - Thanks (hey we still haven't finished our trade). I have the #33, but haven't submitted it for grading yet. I just noticed something about this book that I think is pretty neat. It has a ComicLink sticker on the back label (okay, that part's not very interesting or exciting), and as I was entering this book onto my Excel spreadsheet for graded X-Men, I noticed that I have an X-Men #86 with the next serial number (and yes, I won that book in a ComicLink auction a few years ago. So @Studley_Dudley could have won this book at the same auction. It also means that both books came from the same collector/collection and were submitted to CBCS for grading in the same order. Now they are united again in my collection.
Post 353 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

May 1972
Post 354 IP   flag post

Post 355 IP   flag post
601452 999 30