Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to your collection #610008

I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
@Terry88
i know what you mean, bought a s collection in 84, this famous first edition was part of it. Opened it up about 2 years ago and was pleasantly (shocked) to find out it was signed by joe shuster

I believe, I would'be passed out.
Post 276 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry88
Didn't even know it was signed until I got home...

does the back cover have the little red spider web?
Post 277 IP   flag post
Collector oakcitycomics private msg quote post Address this user

My recent pick up. Now to get her pressed and cleaned today
Post 278 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
First appearance of the Forest Green witch !
Post 279 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I have to give a big shout out to @BigRedOne1944 for his end of a recent trade we made. He really went out of his way to help me fill in a big gap in my ASM run. John is an awesome guy, packs great, ships super fast, and grades very strictly. Check out his ebay listings if you ever get a chance. Thank you again, John!

Here's my haul:

Post 280 IP   flag post

Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
These just in:
Monday October 7th

Venom First Host #3 - First appearance of Sleeper

Venom First Host #3 - Second Print HTF Low Print Run, first cover appearance of Sleeper

What-If #4 - First Hulk-Venom & Thor-Venom

Post 281 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Post 282 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user

Courtesy of a trade with @xkonk
Post 283 IP   flag post
Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelson

Courtesy of a trade with @xkonk

Neal Adams goodness!
Post 284 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley

John Byrne goodness!
Post 285 IP   flag post
My wife just came back from shopping and I seen this comic. I said "Wow... Scooby Doo #1" trying to sound excited. Then I added "You really didn't have too." She looked at me and said, "That's mine not yours.".... I just laughed. I created a monster...

Post 286 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
My wife just came back from shopping and I seen this comic. I said "Wow... Scooby Doo #1" trying to sound excited. Then I added "You really didn't have too." She looked at me and said, "That's mine not yours.".... I just laughed. I created a monster...

I'm calling baloney on this post. The title of this topic is "New to your collection...". this is obviously not meant for YOUR collection. How narrow minded can one be???
Post 287 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
I'm calling baloney on this post. The title of this topic is "New to your collection...". this is obviously not meant for YOUR collection. How narrow minded can one be???

I don't know how to take your comment... if your trying to be funny or if your serious. You can look at it this way, if my wife should pass away (because of her polycystic kidney disease) before I do, then I suppose it will then be in my collection.
Post 288 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

I don't know how to take your comment... if your trying to be funny or if your serious. You can look at it this way, if my wife should pass away (because of her polycystic kidney disease) before I do, then I suppose it will then be in my collection.

apparently funny is not my forte.
Post 289 IP   flag post
@sportshort Haha. Alright, I understand now. it's actually pretty funny!
Post 290 IP   flag post

Post 291 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I've probably said it a brazillion times- This forum needs more emojis. The only one that would have worked is
Post 292 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
Quote:

I've probably said it a brazillion times- This forum needs more emojis. The only one that would have worked is

I noticed the facetiousness right off the bat, although the post probably should have been fallowed by a "haha" or "lol".

Different eyes read things differently.
Different minds perceive things differently.
Post 293 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Scooby Doo rocks. We had 2 Scooby Doo partys for little kids at church and they loved it. I still watch it when I can.
Post 294 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:
Quote:

I noticed the facetiousness right off the bat, although the post probably should have been fallowed by a "haha" or "lol".

Different eyes read things differently.
Different minds perceive things differently.

you're probably right but I always assume it's obvious but when I re-read it, i saw how it might not come across in the right spirit. I never ever think of emojis or lol'ing anything.
Post 295 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Who doesn't love monkeys?
Post 296 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Who doesn't love monkeys?

Jane Goodall

=)
Post 297 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

just got these back from cgc, happy with the grades, happy with the white pages, happy with what I have invested
Post 298 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 299 IP   flag post

Post 300 IP   flag post
Quote:

Damn! Like a boss!
Post 301 IP   flag post
Quote:

just got these back from cgc, happy with the grades, happy with the white pages, happy with what I have invested

Holy crackers and chips Batman66!
Post 302 IP   flag post
@Batman66 wow. Beautiful books!
Post 303 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 incredible!!! way to go man!!!
Post 304 IP   flag post
@GanaSoth @sportshort @daywalker @GAC thanks guys
Post 305 IP   flag post
600865 999 30