Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Non existent customer service and quality control now the norm!10003

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
i called and the person from India said that he could not help me but that i would get a call in an hour or two, this was a few months ago and I am still waiting.

I do have to agree that when the first required step is a communication to India, it probably greatly increases the chances that step 2 will go poorly. The first recipient of a customer service concern should have direct access to someone who has the authority to make a final decision and facilitate a solution.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
i called and the person from India said that he could not help me but that i would get a call in an hour or two, this was a few months ago and I am still waiting.

I do have to agree that when the first required step is a communication to India, it probably greatly increases the chances that step 2 will go poorly. The first recipient of a customer service concern should have direct access to someone who has the authority to make a final decision and facilitate a solution.

Preach!
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl_H
Looking back at my messages, I see we have indeed spoken on this before, a few months ago.

Is this is about this same issue?

This issue was resolved and the reasoning was communicated and explained to you.

Is this not correct? If not I can gladly have customer service speak with you tomorrow.

Yeah...that's definitely not the case.
But at this point CBCS customer service was an absolute nightmare. Steve called too, but I gave up before returning his call.

There is nothing you can do to fix this unless you can refund me the $50 I'm owed. I still have the audio recording, before Kendra decided to funny the numbers.

It's an ugly situation, not to mention one of my books wasn't pressed when it had a variety of press-able defects. #screeningfail

I'll keep you in the loop if I ever get the courage to submit again.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl_H
Looking back at my messages, I see we have indeed spoken on this before, a few months ago.

Is this is about this same issue?

This issue was resolved and the reasoning was communicated and explained to you.

Is this not correct? If not I can gladly have customer service speak with you tomorrow.

But for the record, you and every other forum CBCS member has been great to deal with, and I appreciate the support.

The problem lies in the 3rd party outsourcing for your phone number, and your egg-headed billing people (Kendra is the 1st worst, Roe 2nd worst) who don't understand basic math. I also was very displeased with the press screening process.

I am owed $50, and you can search for my forum post with the full break down of what I was charged for but never received.

None the less, that is my last experience with CBCS - so it will linger until I otherwise resubmit successfully without so many issues. Until then!
Post 29 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
I honestly have never had a customer service issue with CBCS. I have submitted 8 orders over 5 years and never an issue. Don't know if I'm just the fortunate one or if my expectations are just different.

I'm with you. Any interactions that I've had with customer service have been positive, and promptly resolved. The most recent being in February. Maybe we're just the outliers here.
Post 30 IP   flag post

PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
The involvement of CBCS staff on this forum is encouraging, but the fact that Customer Service can't seem to do their job without (and even with) help is unevenly more discouraging.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
If not for this forum would CBCS's staff even be aware of the issues their customers are having with their service? It doesn't seem like they know how bad it is unless they read the threads or someone messages them on the board.
Post 32 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by comic_book_man
Eventually Steve called me but I didn't even bother calling him back because it was so bad.

If I took the time out of my day to call personally, I would have thought you would call back if this is that important to you.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock
Quote:
Eventually Steve called me but I didn't even bother calling him back because it was so bad.

If I took the time out of my day to call personally, I would have thought you would call back if this is that important to you.

Like I said, it's just my most recent experience. After 2 months of trying to resolve the issue with your staff - you tried to step in. I appreciate that, only it should of been much much sooner.

Should I be glad that it took me doing a charge-back to get your attention?

Or what about "my busy day" ?
You think the rest of us arent as busy as you? Your entire business is based around taking a slice of the money we've all earned and put into our comic collections.

I think you should reverse that sentence to say "this is important to me" - but then again you arent the customer service guy.

If you cant tell where this is going...

I had zero faith you would of resolved the issue as the people who represent your organization couldn't, didnt you hire them? Didnt you start CBCS? Just saying. Obviously you knew the situation, that's why you called me. The answer was a $50 refund. Promised to me by Kendra, then retracted and "adjusted". Process it and we are square, I'll forgive the massive headache since you made an attempt to mediate.
Post 34 IP   flag post
@theCapraAegagrus exactly.
@50AE_DE I think they communicate, but are seperate realms. Or at least that's how I understood it.
Post 35 IP   flag post
@sborock Keep in mind - I didnt start this thread, which should be a clear indicator of numerous people experiencing issues with CBCS front end. Not all of these responses are positive.

You can also forum search "customer service" and find substantial negative results.

As a member if this community, and someone who is ROOTING for CBCS, unfortunately my dirty laundry and personal experiences get mixed in as part of the forums exchange of information. That's how we stay informed and in the know.

Thank you for putting up a forum, and being apart of the conversation. It's a step in the right direction.
Post 36 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@sborock,
I agree with @comic_book_man, customer service needs a lot of work. which is odd considering you folks are not an extremely new company and you've personally gone through the growing pains of a start-up. I've asked on other threads to please stop using India for customer service calls. I don't blame them for answering the phone and acting like an after-hours call center but when they take messages that are not returned, where is the disconnect? did they not forward CBCS the customer's information (not good) or was it forwarded correctly and CBCS just did not return the phone call (also not good)? I know you've heard these issues before and are working on them but at this point in the game, they should already be ironed out (see my personal experience above).

Let me just state that I love CBCS' product and their current TATs and I certainly want them to succeed and of course the forum members are great but customer service is literally killing you guys. I hope you take my comments to heart and not just assume i'm some crazy nut job that has nothing better to do than complain. Here's hoping for the best.
Post 37 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock
Quote:

Some people would rather rejoice in the complaint and not the solution.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector Marximus private msg quote post Address this user
How much has a $50 refund cost CBCS?

I'm self-employed in a service industry.

Customer service is EVERYTHING.

Outsourcing your customer service to a call center in a foreign country, where the employees are paid very little, tells the world that you don't value your customer.

This is not news. Anyone who has been frequenting these forums for any length of time can see it.
Post 39 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user
This is why haven’t sent a book in almost 2 years. Just can’t take the risk
Post 40 IP   flag post
@Marximus @sportshort

See @sborock ?
It's not just me.

I personally think you are a treasure to the grading community.
I also love the community you've built, even the people who poke the bear. @DrWatson I kid I kid.

@DrWatson I agree with that statement overall, but in my case I'm not relishing in the complaint. It's just a story now. Steve took 2 months to call me, but a dozen emails, a dozen forum moderator messages, and 3 dozen voicemails didnt summon "The Borock". I had to file a charge-back with the bank. Then he called asap! So if that's not money over service I dont know what is. Steve accepted the Becekett "way" so this is his ugly baby now.
Post 41 IP   flag post
601313 41 16
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.