Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature VSPGrading Help NeededQuestionsSignaturesSigning Opportunities

1 comic, 2 individuals, different convention933

Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
I reside in Phoenix and I will be attending Rose City Comicon in Portland in September.

Let's say the writer of a certain comic book, is going to be in attendance at the convention in Portland but not the cover artist and I wanted CBCS to witness the signing.

In October, Phoenix will have a fanfest and I know that the cover artist of that same book would be in attendance at the convention in Phoenix.

What is the best way to get both individuals to sign it, and still qualifying for the "yellow signature series label" when the conventions are less than a month apart? I am taking at least 20 books to get signed in PORTLAND and submitting to be graded so I know my turnaround would be difficult, I'm just wondering if there is another way.

Thank you
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
If you can find an Authorized Witness that is attending both conventions they can witness the signature of the book at the first convention, maintain possession of the book, and bring it to the second convention to be signed then the book can be submitted to CBCS and receive a yellow label indicating both signatures.

There are companies that handle this as well, like Desert Wind, Genuine COA, and many others. Same thing as above applies, though they'll typically be the ones submitting it to CBCS and it tends to be a little more expensive but may be the easier way.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Also, some AW's have been known to work together in a case like that. One AW will witness a signing in one city and then he will mail that comic and all the paperwork to another witness in another city to get the second signature. The main point is that it does not leave the custody of an AW until it is at CBCS.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
I want to thank you all for the answer. I need to figure this out, but thank you for all your assistance.
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
There's also the 2-day turnaround option, you could do for the first sig, but that would be pricey.
Post 5 IP   flag post
596776 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?