Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS GradedCBCS Original Art Program OAPCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSP

CBCS launches New Logo and Brand756

Collector Cmonman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelon
You may be on to something, some collectors already actively seek out the old CGC labels, why not the even rarer CBCS rivet label from the Era when Americans selected Trump and Clinton as the two most qualified people to run the country and life only had purpose in finding Pokémon.

Well, they're not actually collecting the label, of course. To some the old label indicates a book that is undergraded and less likely to have been pressed. People buy old label CGC books for the CPR potential.
Post 1076 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmonman
Quote:
You may be on to something, some collectors already actively seek out the old CGC labels, why not the even rarer CBCS rivet label from the Era when Americans selected Trump and Clinton as the two most qualified people to run the country and life only had purpose in finding Pokémon.

Well, they're not actually collecting the label, of course. To some the old label indicates a book that is undergraded and less likely to have been pressed. People buy old label CGC books for the CPR potential.

Nooooo waaaaaay, never thought of that before! Old labels, gimme, gimme, gimme.
Post 1077 IP   flag post
Collector svgcomics181 private msg quote post Address this user
I dont see why anyone thing the original cgc labels would be collectibles, looks like somethibg a 8 years can make, even cgc offered free label swap for no extra charge other then shipping fee
Post 1078 IP   flag post
Collector Cmonman private msg quote post Address this user
As I said two posts above:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmonman
Quote:

Post 1079 IP   flag post
Collector Mio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by svgcomics181
I dont see why anyone thing the original cgc labels would be collectibles, looks like somethibg a 8 years can make, even cgc offered free label swap for no extra charge other then shipping fee

The second generation CGC labels were much better, then worse again with generation three. CBCS skipped a step and just made them worse.
Post 1080 IP   flag post

Collector Resurrection private msg quote post Address this user
I literally wish I never opened this thread. It's a label, as long as the information on it is correct, I am happy. This is just nit picking.
Post 1081 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection
I literally wish I never opened this thread. It's a label, as long as the information on it is correct, I am happy. This is just nit picking.

The discussion is still worth having if the input is constructive and folks are civil about it.

I think everyone agrees that the most important part of the CBCS product (holder) is well designed. Labels are aesthetic, more important to some than others. The fact that the folks in management take everyone's views seriously and consider those opinions relevent is a tribute to a company that stands behind their products.
Post 1082 IP   flag post
Collector KEYissueComics private msg quote post Address this user
I have 20 some comics I want to submit but can't. Need to see what happens first, cgc fixes their cases or you guys get new labels or go back to old ones.
Post 1083 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEYissueComics
I have 20 some comics I want to submit but can't. Need to see what happens first, cgc fixes their cases or you guys get new labels or go back to old ones.

I know there's not a lot of love for CGC on here, but I thought they had fixed the case problem? Without trying to start a flame war, anyone have thoughts on their current status?
Post 1084 IP   flag post
Collector Evangelon private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, fixed is a lose term and matter of opinion.
Post 1085 IP   flag post
Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEYissueComics

I know there's not a lot of love for CGC on here, but I thought they had fixed the case problem? Without trying to start a flame war, anyone have thoughts on their current status?

I thought CGC had fixed their cases as well.
Post 1086 IP   flag post
Collector Mio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Yeah, fixed is a lose term and matter of opinion.

Is it? Does their new, new case not have subatantially the same design as their last one and CBCS' current one? If you have knowledge of continued problems, please share. It looks like I am not the only one who thought things were back to normal.
Post 1087 IP   flag post
Last I heard they took a case that was to tightly pressed onto the books and relieved pressure by placing a mylar sheet between the case and the book slightly reducing the Newton effect. Apparently the waves are no longer being seen, but last video I saw showed the back cover being wrinkled by the pressure. I'm no engineer, but adding material to an already too tight case might make even less space. I'll wait to see how they hold up over the next few months before taking CGC's word for it.
Post 1088 IP   flag post
Quote:
Last I heard they took a case that was to tightly pressed onto the books and relieved pressure by placing a mylar sheet between the case and the book slightly reducing the Newton effect. Apparently the waves are no longer being seen, but last video I saw showed the back cover being wrinkled by the pressure. I'm no engineer, but adding material to an already too tight case might make even less space. I'll wait to see how they hold up over the next few months before taking CGC's word for it.

This is news to me. Do you have a link to the video?
Post 1089 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
CGC's #Frankenslab is still causing damage, not on every book, but some. They are shoving an old innerwell design into an outer shell that was not designed to hold that innerwell. As a result innerwells are getting squished and causing puddles and waves in the plastic of the innerwell, which is then transfering damage to comics. The continuing newtonian effects are the least of CGC's problems.
Post 1090 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
CGC's #Frankenslab is still causing damage, not on every book, but some. They are shoving an old innerwell design into an outer shell that was not designed to hold that innerwell. As a result innerwells are getting squished and causing puddles and waves in the plastic of the innerwell, which is then transfering damage to comics. The continuing newtonian effects are the least of CGC's problems.

The "pudding" effect is not new. The old slabs did that as well. I guess what I am getting at with the "newer" version of the CGC case that contains the inner well is that the problems have subsided for the most part in the vast majority of cases. There still some problem issues that arise, but from my understanding, it is few and far between.
Post 1091 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Who cares if they fixed their problems. After a long denial and any transparency by them to customers people have moved on from cgc. Now they can feel what it's like to be second in the industry, probably the way pgx felt before cbcs came along. I know I can't wait to get cgc books and reslab them in cbcs cases.
Post 1092 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Even one occurrence of a book being damaged by the holder is too many. CGC doesn't get a pass in my eyes because of few and far between. CBCS holders don't damage books. And like @earthshaker01 said, after the way they treated their customers during the whole disaster there is zero reason to ever use them again when there is a superior alternative.
Post 1093 IP   flag post
@DarthLego i don't disagree with anything that you have said. I just thought that they had fixed the holders. That's all.
Post 1094 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
Who cares if they fixed their problems[?]

I do, if they're damaging books.
Post 1095 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinzebac
Quote:

https://youtu.be/sXJYexoG_T0
Post 1096 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ok. Thanks
Post 1097 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The biggest thing that I take home from that video is that the reholdered book is no longer a 9.6 book sitting in a 9.6 holder due to being damaged during the Death Slab fiasco. If some one bought that book over the Internet depending on the label for an accurate representation of grade, then they would be sorely disappointed.
Post 1098 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
At a glance I'm not seeing any grumbling over there, so I guess the Settlers are [being told to be] happy.
Post 1099 IP   flag post
Collector Yup private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Who cares if they fixed their problems. After a long denial and any transparency by them to customers people have moved on from cgc. Now they can feel what it's like to be second in the industry, probably the way pgx felt before cbcs came along. I know I can't wait to get cgc books and reslab them in cbcs cases.

You are delusional, lol!
Post 1100 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yup
Quote:

You are delusional, lol!

Ok I'll bite. How's that?
Post 1101 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yup
Quote:

You are delusional, lol!

It was Stu. That account is now banned.
Post 1102 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icandothisallday
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yup
Quote:

You are delusional, lol!

Keep on polishing them turds Earthy!

c'mon Stu. you know I can't polish you anymore and make you any better. Once a turd always turd. Sure I can make you look a little better, but the smell will always show your true identity.
Post 1103 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icandothisallday
That is the lamest comeback I have ever heard.

Actually, what you just said is. Think about it.
Post 1104 IP   flag post
Hmmmm
Post 1105 IP   flag post
601502 1176 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?