Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS GradedCBCS Original Art Program OAPCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSP

CBCS launches New Logo and Brand756

Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
The new logo is hideous! The new label design is horribly amateurish! Not only do I hate it, I hate it more than PGX's label. This was a seriously bonehead thing to do without community feedback. What the hell are you guys thinking over there? You had a very professional logo that was beautiful, this new logo looks like it came off a 90's RPG game. And the label design, good god are you actually paying someone for this trash? Thanos gave you a perfect example of what professional graphic design looks like.

I'm not putting any of my books into this garbage. You've lost all my future submissions if you go through with this. I'm a collector and I want to display and look at my comics, I'll never display a comic inside this hideous thing.

Wow, maybe you should hit the gym. Channel that frustration into a healthier you.
Working out is great for stress relief.
Post 76 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
*sips Crystal Pepsi. (Tilts Max Headroom ballcap) So, wait... Dark Lego... are you saying you don't like it? LOL
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector MegaMatt private msg quote post Address this user
This might as well be my first post. I'm really hoping this is a prank. Like, cbcs is pulling a April fools joke in July. I'm seriously crossing my fingers that this label is a gag and the real new one will be revealed later. If not, can we request the old label? And if not, get refunded for orders currently there? As a first time submitter, this really concerns me. I really really really don't want my books to have this label. This is pretty disappointing. I hope you guys are hearing that too. Please don't CGC this and just keep plowing forward with it.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector SilverAgeFan private msg quote post Address this user
Well, I may be in the minority on this but I really like the new logo. It pops, it's modern and up to date, it's got a cool kind of moder yet retro look. I like the foil appearance to it. It's going to become an instant classic in my mind. I just my books shipping today have the new logo!
Post 79 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
My biggest dislike is the border trim. The rests doesn't seem too bad. The logo looks far better on the label than it does online.
Post 80 IP   flag post

Collector Mr_adam_R private msg quote post Address this user
I don't mind it. the big reveal could have been much worse.
Post 81 IP   flag post
Collector Evangelon private msg quote post Address this user
That was alot of hype for a whole lot of nothing. Personally don't care for the change, and it definitely didn't deserve the promotion. Could have made actual useful changes to the labels, like putting the graders notes on the backside. I'd of rather seen my tat shortened.
Post 82 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverAgeFan
Well, I may be in the minority on this but I really like the new logo. It pops, it's modern and up to date, it's got a cool kind of moder yet retro look. I like the foil appearance to it. It's going to become an instant classic in my mind. I just my books shipping today have the new logo!

I cannot disagree more. I find nothing modern or up-to-date about this new logo. It looks like a relic; like an amateur version of the Unreal Tournament screen from 1999

Post 83 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Here's another thing: CBCS has been in business for around two years, as I understand it. CGC has TONS of books out there, so CBCS is still playing catch up in terms of numbers. (And you got a HUGE boost with CGC's recent stumble.) To do that, you guys have to certify books like crazy and get a whole bunch more of your holders out there, build up a large presence in the marketplace.

But now, after only two years, you are changing the label? Like another DC reboot? That doesn't make sense. Now you have to stop and reset all that progress. A new label means you start from zero, in terms of the actual numbers of books floating around in the market with the CBCS "look."

Ten years from now, do you really want five different CBCS labels out there? With none having much penetration? Or, instead, do you want another eight years progress, adding to the two years with a consistent look that you already have under your belt? Do you think a serious collector, who *likes* displaying all his best comics, will appreciate a single, consistent look more? Or instead, will he like to see a progression of five, six, ten different looks?

Call it a test. Ask for community input or votes. It's just paper ... throwing it out and reverting to the classic look is easy now. But will be more and more difficult as you start to actually use the bad labels.

And if it isn't a bad idea to have two different looks out there (since this is the natural consequence of switching) then maybe it isn't a bad idea to let customers choose which style they prefer?
Post 84 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite

I cannot disagree more. I find nothing modern or up-to-date about this new logo. It looks like a relic; like an amateur version of the Unreal Tournament screen from 1999

To be fair, the logo looks much different, and better, as a hologram on the label. Outside of that contex, that Photoshop embossed layer effect on the letters is not to my liking.
Post 85 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@dpiercy I'll concede that it looks better as a hologram but I still don't think it looks good. Unfortunately, even if it looks better as a holo sticker, the rest of the label still looks cheesy
Post 86 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
The logo is bad. The Legend of Zelda called. Link wants his shield back.
Post 87 IP   flag post
Collector rckstr1253 private msg quote post Address this user
Not a fan of the new label. That custom label made by a fan is 100% bettee
Post 88 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Those rivets are so ugly. Seriously someone should be fired over this.

CBCS, were you feeling so sorry for Aspen that you felt you'd take some heat off them by doing something even stupider?
Post 89 IP   flag post
Collector Captain_Aspirin private msg quote post Address this user
Please give the option for the old label. I have books that have been sitting and waiting to be graded, and I would not have sent them if this was the label advertised. I've seen a ton of feedback in just a few hours...don't CGC this and pretend nothing is wrong.
Post 90 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Aspirin
don't CGC this and pretend nothing is wrong.
Post 91 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronguy
This looks pretty bad.
Focus groups... use focus groups made up of collectors...

The term 'Collector' seems to have different definitions, especially these days.
Post 92 IP   flag post
They did listen to the collectors, the label collectors.
Post 93 IP   flag post
Collector qube private msg quote post Address this user
Well, seems this will be the first test for CBCS regarding how valuable customer input is to them.

It would be very easy for them, at this point, to say, "we have heard your concerns, and we will stick with the old label".

Is that what they will do? I don't know, but it would differentiate them from the competition if they did.
Post 94 IP   flag post
Collector ThisLand private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
The logo is bad. The Legend of Zelda called. Link wants his shield back.

Please don't besmirch Zelda that way...
Post 95 IP   flag post
Collector stophmaster private msg quote post Address this user
I have to say that I'm not a fan of the new logo either, sorry to pile on. I understand what CBCS is trying to do, but the new label is a fail. The old one was understated, clean and simple. The label should not be the point of attention, the comic should be. The new one just looks silly. Sorry.
Post 96 IP   flag post
Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Please give the option for the old label. I have books that have been sitting and waiting to be graded, and I would not have sent them if this was the label advertised. I've seen a ton of feedback in just a few hours...don't CGC this and pretend nothing is wrong.

This is how I feel. This would be a great compromise.
Post 97 IP   flag post
Collector Gwenlocke_Variant private msg quote post Address this user
how about they do a multi design label and make a poll which one the consumer wants and go from there. Even better how about they do a contest on new labels and let us vote to which we would like to see on our case?
Post 98 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I like that one homeslice's design with the bright colors across the top with publisher logo
Post 99 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
...don't CGC this and pretend nothing is wrong.

I can understand how people are upset over this change. I'm not exactly in love with it either, but REALLY?? How can you compare this to the CGC Frankenslab disaster? This all boils down to peoples opinion. There were no comics harmed in the changing of the label design. CBCS has ALWAYS been open to hearing both negative and positive feedback. Let's reel it in a bit.
Post 100 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Curmudgeon
The loudest voice always wins.
Loudest voice = the one who submits the most books.

Well I have submitted over 600 do I get a voice?
Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector KenWorthing private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Curmudgeon
The loudest voice always wins.
Loudest voice = the one who submits the most books.

Well I have submitted over 600 do I get a voice?

.. did you shout loudly when you submitted those 600?
Post 102 IP   flag post
Collector Captain_Aspirin private msg quote post Address this user
All I'm saying is to not ignore your customers, like CGC, when an issue arises. I do not recall mentioning anything about damaging the comics.
Post 103 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
All I'm saying is to not ignore your customers, like CGC, when an issue arises. I do not recall mentioning anything about damaging the comics.

Previous experience is the best indicator of future behavior. Are you aware of any instances where CBCS has ignored their customers? Or tried blaming CGC?? All I'm saying is don't make a nonissue an issue. I'm not aware of CBCS EVER ignoring their customer base. That has never been an issue.
Post 104 IP   flag post
Collector DannyBoy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
...don't CGC this and pretend nothing is wrong.

I can understand how people are upset over this change. I'm not exactly in love with it either, but REALLY?? How can you compare this to the CGC Frankenslab disaster? This all boils down to peoples opinion. There were no comics harmed in the changing of the label design. CBCS has ALWAYS been open to hearing both negative and positive feedback. Let's reel it in a bit.

We are all very grateful that you did not change the holder. This is no where near the magnitude of the 4/4/16 disaster. But seriously, you're a moderator and even YOU don't care for it.

I hope that CBCS will continue to listen to their customers, and offer some sort of compromise. For example, allowing us to select the "new" or "original" label when we submit books.

Your old label was absolutely perfect as-is.
Post 105 IP   flag post
601460 1176 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?