Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS GradedCBCS Original Art Program OAPCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSP

CBCS launches New Logo and Brand756

COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@CatmanAmerica or the UK could change their traffic laws and stop being so weird?
Post 651 IP   flag post
Collector KenWorthing private msg quote post Address this user
Or the U.S. could actually use roundabouts instead of crossroads
Post 652 IP   flag post
@KenWorthing Actually we do have some.
Post 653 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
In my neck of the woods they're putting them wherever they can. A lot of people don't understand the yield aspect though and come to a full stop.
Post 654 IP   flag post
@JWKyle I've actually only seen one ever close to me, but I don't travel much. It really is a much more efficient system than the 4 way stop though.
Post 655 IP   flag post

Collector Bagofleas private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@JWKyle I've actually only seen one ever close to me, but I don't travel much. It really is a much more efficient system than the 4 way stop though.

Yes it is. They are popping up all over the place here in Tallahassee, Florida.
Post 656 IP   flag post
Did the Forum logo just change back to the old one, or did they just forget to update the mobile version?
Post 657 IP   flag post
Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Did the Forum logo just change back to the old one, or did they just forget to update the mobile version?

Looks like the new logo to me on both the forum and the main webpage.
Post 658 IP   flag post
@DarthLego I am undone .. first I've heard of roundabouts in the U.S. (every day's a school day)
Post 659 IP   flag post
I think they are still pretty rare except in areas that are getting new modernized construction.
Post 660 IP   flag post
Collector matterus023 private msg quote post Address this user
Come on guys change the subject. We're just going in circles here

Sorry
Post 661 IP   flag post

Phil, you bonehead, that was an alien crop circle not the road plans.
Post 662 IP   flag post

Post 663 IP   flag post
One of the moderators just asked me in a roundaboutway if we could get back to the subject at hand

I have no life
Post 664 IP   flag post
I think we're at a crossroads in this discussion anyhow ...
Post 665 IP   flag post
Post 666 belongs to the Dark Lord of the Sith.
Post 666 IP   flag post
The subject at hand was what we don't like about the label, do they really want us back on track?
Post 667 IP   flag post
So where were we at yes --Fleas idea of label with grade on the right. I don't think it would work because of my previous post above about dealers and overlaying books. Although it doesn't matter if it's in a box or on display.
Post 668 IP   flag post
I'd go with: Lose the rivets totally (around the top and the hologram shield etc) .. Change the font of the Grade numbers.

For me, that would be about it.
Post 669 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenWorthing
I'd go with: Lose the rivets totally (around the top and the hologram shield etc) .. Change the font of the Grade numbers.

For me, that would be about it.
I've not slammed the label but I would prefer a hologram label with the old shield design. Lose the rivets. Complete the boarder all the way around.Not necessarily change the font for the grade but center it better and make it a little bigger and that doesn't have to mean bolder. Put as much information on the front and back of the label as possible. A full label does not have to be a attention grabber Black doesn't have to be bold 256 black.
Post 670 IP   flag post
Collector TimesChange private msg quote post Address this user

If you click on it, looks a little higher res.
I liked what foghorn sam started to do, so I went ahead and did one myself trying to keep the basic new look. I removed all the Skeuomorphism (the fake metal and the rivets) and used a new font. Also increased the size of artist writer and first appearance. I would like them to be slightly larger more pronounced, seem so small on the new label.

Moved date and publisher over the grade, looks more balanced with page quality below, also gives more room for artist writer etc..

I moved the pedigree to the top bar and made it gold, I always wanted a better showcasing of pedigree copies, you could even duplicate it and put one on the right side.

This is at least what I would like, I prefer a less embellished label like a PSA card or a coin label. Font used was Myriad pro, using some condensed and some with bold.
Post 671 IP   flag post
@TimesChange I love it how hard would it be to change the shield to the old one and also depending on the blank labels it may not be possible to to put a pedigree notation in the blue boarder like that in bright yellow.
Post 672 IP   flag post
I think this is a good shape right here for the shield. Maybe add a pointed top edge to be more sheild like and differentiate it, but the over shape is bold and iconic.
Post 673 IP   flag post
@TimesChange Sorry I am useless with computers. Could you put JUST the label you did next to the current cbcs label for easier comparison?

Thanks in advance if you can
Post 674 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWKyle
Quote:
In my neck of the woods they're putting them wherever they can. A lot of people don't understand the yield aspect though and come to a full stop.
I get honked at whenever I come up to one because I don't know what to do. What's wrong with 4-way stops?
Post 675 IP   flag post

I would be curious how this vote would come out.
Post 676 IP   flag post
The point of the roundabout is you don't have to come to a complete stop because if you follow the arrows to get to the street you want you will not cross paths with on coming traffic.
Post 677 IP   flag post
@TimesChange I like most of what you did, but I think putting the pedigree up top is throwing it off balance.
Post 678 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFP_Comics
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Just so everyone is aware of what is happening at the CBCS office...

We have read your comments, complaints, and are discussing them internally. We will be at San Diego Comic Con this week at booth #1101, where we will continue talking to our customers about the new labels. We have heard you. You are not being ignored.

Once we have come to a decision, we will make an announcement.

Until then, we appreciate your patience.

Click your cockle burrs together, Snicketts, and make this the happy ending we all know it can be.

And I just sharpened my pitchfork and lit my torch

I would keep them on the standby.
Post 679 IP   flag post
And is it just me or is their new shade of blue way way way too purple looking?
Post 680 IP   flag post
601492 1176 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?