Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS GradedCBCS Original Art Program OAPCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSP

CBCS launches New Logo and Brand756

Collector Stronguy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronguy
Quote:
Just so everyone is aware of what is happening at the CBCS office...

We have read your comments, complaints, and are discussing them internally. We will be at San Diego Comic Con this week at booth #1101, where we will continue talking to our customers about the new labels. We have heard you. You are not being ignored.

Once we have come to a decision, we will make an announcement.

Until then, we appreciate your patience.

We want action NOW!!!! NOW!!!!
(and a grilled cheese sandwich)

With tomato soup. 😊

Tomato soups sucks...
(but only slightly less than that label and logo)
Post 626 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
With tomato soup. 😊

Steve, we want access to your secret stash of Emojis!
Post 627 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
I've tried to work some photo shop with this new label to try and balance it out so there is not so much empty space in the middle by bringing every thing in toward the middle a little and removed the brushed steel gradient. Unfortunately, by the time I got done with it, it looks a lot like the CGC label. What do you think?

Post 628 IP   flag post
Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foghorn_Sam
I've tried to work some photo shop with this new label to try and balance it out so there is not so much empty space in the middle by bringing every thing in toward the middle a little and removed the brushed steel gradient. Unfortunately, by the time I got done with it, it looks a lot like the CGC label. What do you think?

This isn't shabby. I just am not crazy about the font or the rivets. If those were changed, then I would be happy.
Post 629 IP   flag post
Collector Mio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Lose the rivets, thinner border on all sides with the CBCS original light blue colour. No need for lettering in the border.

Essentially, the old label was fine except it would have looked better with a border and the grade centred vertically.
Post 630 IP   flag post

Collector DertyComix private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio
Quote:

Lose the rivets, thinner border on all sides with the CBCS original light blue colour. No need for lettering in the border.

Essentially, the old label was fine except it would have looked better with a border and the grade centred vertically.
yea loose the rivets, and the border should either go all the way around or just the top.
Post 631 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio
Quote:

Lose everything of the reboot except the holographic shield. The original grade font was perfectly fine (despise the new one), lose the froggy ribbits (rivets) and three sided border (tear down that wall), go back to the top/bottom color gradation (increasing the blue color level slightly would provide enough variation for those critics describing the label too bland).

Trust me, slightly tweaking the old design would be a noticeable enough change. Retaining popular aspects of the original label would only serve to reinforce the positive optics of consistent dependability that CBCS has demonstrated the past two years. There you have it, my opinion.
Post 632 IP   flag post
Collector matterus023 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio
Quote:

Lose everything of the reboot except the holographic shield. The original grade font was fine, lose the froggy ribbits (rivets) and border (tear down that wall), go back to the top/bottom color gradation (maybe increasing the blue color level slightly would provide enough variation for those critics of the label describing it as too bland).

Trust me, slightly tweaking the old design would be a noticeable enough change. Retaining popular aspects of the original label would only serve to reinforce the positive optics of consistent dependability that CBCS has demonstrated the past two years. There you have it, my opinion.

An accurate one though. Going chuck you another beer your way
Post 633 IP   flag post
Collector Bagofleas private msg quote post Address this user
Ok, don't blast me away, everybody when I make this next suggestion. It is simply a thought and I will explain my reasons behind it following the statement. Then I want everybody to say what they think about it.

How about putting the logo on the left side and the grade on the right!😱😱😳😳

Here's my reasoning behind this:

As English speakers, we are taught to read from left to right, so anytime we see something with writing on it, our eyes automatically set to the left first.
This is one of the reasons why grading companies have always put the grade on the left hand side.

But shouldn't CBCS be trying to separate themselves from looking like CGC or any of the other companies too much? If they want their graded books to stand out considerably from the other companies, this would definitely do that.

And besides, the truth of the matter is that CBCS wants to be more about the hobbyist and about the books themselves. They want the focus to be on the books more-so than the grade itself.

With that being the case, they should make it so that the company and the book are the primary focus and the grade, while being the obvious reason for using CBCS in the first place, is actually secondary.
With this concept, the eye and mind will work like this:

"Oh, CBCS graded this book. Nice. Wow, look at this awesome copy! So that's who worked on it? Cool! And that creator signed it? Awesome! And wow, look at the grade!!"

Just an example, but you get the idea. It's similar to the concept of using the OA program to make the focus be the artwork on the book rather than the potential grade of the book.

Ok, now feel free to lambaste me at your leisure. 😊😊😊👍
Post 634 IP   flag post
I agree about the negative space on the new label, bringing the text on each side more central like you did really helps the balance. I too think eliminating the side borders would improve the overall balance as well. I wasn't a big fan of the brushed steel at first, but I think it's growing on me, if the brushed steel is removed then what are we left with? A plain solo color that I think might be even more distracting and more similar to CGC. I really do hate the grade font too just as many others have said, especially that #4.

CBCS I think you should consider shaping the shield of your logo like a stylized version of Superman's shield. And loose every single one of those rivets.
Post 635 IP   flag post
@Bagofleas I like that idea!
Post 636 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Uh...it's just a label right. If we put this much talk into research we would have a cure for cancer.
Post 637 IP   flag post
@earthshaker01 we could cure cancer if the big pharmaceutical companies didn't bury critical research. But that's off topic.
Post 638 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
@earthshaker01 we could cure cancer if the big pharmaceutical companies didn't bury critical research. But that's off topic.

I feel we would get on well, sat at a table with a couple of putting the world to rights ha!
Post 639 IP   flag post
Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Bagofleas I like that idea!

I agree. I like the new perspective.
Post 640 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagofleas
How about putting the logo on the left side and the grade on the right!

Someone photoshop it so we can take a gander
Post 641 IP   flag post
Collector rayne5446 private msg quote post Address this user
So, what happens to the books that are currently being graded while CBCS is discussing the label changes?

I have books entering grading, and I really don't want to end up with a label that had a lifetime of a couple weeks. If it's a given within the CBCS office that some tweaks are going to be made, it would be nice if we could call in and put a hold on our orders to ensure we get the changes.

Apologies if I missed where this has already been discussed.
Post 642 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayne5446
So, what happens to the books that are currently being graded while CBCS is discussing the label changes?

I have books entering grading, and I really don't want to end up with a label that had a lifetime of a couple weeks. If it's a given within the CBCS office that some tweaks are going to be made, it would be nice if we could call in and put a hold on our orders to ensure we get the changes.

A thread explaining some of this would be nice I suppose.
Post 643 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
@Bagofleas It's a interesting concept but i think has one major flaw. When dealer set up a lot of times they may overlap books with the left side of the book exposed and the right side partially covered. If you put the grade on the right side it could be covered by the book beside it. Then the dealer would either have to not overlap and loose some display space or have to show the grade each time someone asks.
Post 644 IP   flag post
Quote:

@SteveRicketts I think this is an idea worthy of discussing at your internal meeting, and the forum dinner, it would really set you apart from the competition visually.
Post 645 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayne5446

I am sure they will hold off on encapsulation for about a week or so, due to SDCC this weekend, where they will get comments and input from customers. And then they will prob implement the decided-on changes. Be glad that your books will not have the new label everyone is upset about.

If your book IS graded with the label that no one is liking, I'm pretty sure that CBCS will reholder the book for free with the new, altered label for no charge.

These new labels haven't been applied to but a few books so far, so by nipping it in the bud quickly like this, they won't have the same problem that CGC did by cranking out damaging cases for two solid months before admitting the obvious.
Post 646 IP   flag post
@rayne5446 Contact customer service and request a hold on your books getting slabbed until after they sort this label thing out, they have offered that to at least one other customer.
Post 647 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

@SteveRicketts I think this is an idea worthy of discussing at your internal meeting, and the forum dinner, it would really set you apart from the competition visually.

One thought, as we travel down this road together. Perhaps U.S. holders should have the emblem on the right and UK holders on the left to compliment the driving habits of both countries.
Post 648 IP   flag post
@Bagofleas CGC still hasn't admitted their Creep Engine was flawed or damaging books, even though they "fixed" it.
Post 649 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Bagofleas CGC still hasn't admitted their Creep Engine was flawed or damaging books, even though they "fixed" it.

Very true. I agree
Post 650 IP   flag post
@CatmanAmerica or the UK could change their traffic laws and stop being so weird?
Post 651 IP   flag post
Collector KenWorthing private msg quote post Address this user
Or the U.S. could actually use roundabouts instead of crossroads
Post 652 IP   flag post
@KenWorthing Actually we do have some.
Post 653 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@KenWorthing Actually we do have some.
In my neck of the woods they're putting them wherever they can. A lot of people don't understand the yield aspect though and come to a full stop.
Post 654 IP   flag post
@JWKyle I've actually only seen one ever close to me, but I don't travel much. It really is a much more efficient system than the 4 way stop though.
Post 655 IP   flag post
601460 1176 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?