Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS GradedCBCS Original Art Program OAPCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSP

CBCS launches New Logo and Brand756

Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
You know what, all this label talk and I totally forgot to voice my displeasure that the surprise was not @SteveRicketts jumping his motorcycle over the grading room shark tank.

He did the stunt on your day in the bad dog box.
Post 601 IP   flag post
Collector SilverAgeFan private msg quote post Address this user
@matterus023, Hi Matt, actually, you don't necessarily need to come to the United States to understand all the different types of comics we have.
If you've been paying attention on this forum, you have already seen that we have some really good comics, some average comics, and some comics that are not worth even threepence!
Post 602 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
What do they call dollar bins in the UK?
Post 603 IP   flag post
Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by matterus023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinzebac
Quote:
Living in England it is not only cold but I miss out on all the comic fun over in the states

Matt
You need to hit Seattle. We have similar weather to the UK and good access to "comic fun." That way, you would still feel like you are at home and enjoying all the perks of the states.

Keith if I could convince the Mrs I would move over. But she is rooted firmly to the ground SELFISH!!! haha

No worries. I don't want any family discord.
Post 604 IP   flag post
Collector DannyBoy private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you, Steve.
Post 605 IP   flag post

Collector matterus023 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverAgeFan
@matterus023, Hi Matt, actually, you don't necessarily need to come to the United States to understand all the different types of comics we have.
If you've been paying attention on this forum, you have already seen that we have some really good comics, some average comics, and some comics that are not worth even threepence!

The trouble over here is getting hold of great bulk buys. I know it isn't exactly a piece of cake your end but really tough in the UK.

Plus you yanks shy away from the d copies. Annoying Grrrrrrrr!!
Post 606 IP   flag post
Quote:
What do they call dollar bins in the UK?

JUNK
Post 607 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Just so everyone is aware of what is happening at the CBCS office...

We have read your comments, complaints, and are discussing them internally. We will be at San Diego Comic Con this week at booth #1101, where we will continue talking to our customers about the new labels. We have heard you. You are not being ignored.

Once we have come to a decision, we will make an announcement.

Until then, we appreciate your patience.

Click your cockle burrs together, Snicketts, and make this the happy ending we all know it can be.
Post 608 IP   flag post
Collector stophmaster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

We have read your comments, complaints, and are discussing them internally. We will be at San Diego Comic Con this week at booth #1101, where we will continue talking to our customers about the new labels. We have heard you. You are not being ignored.

Awesome, thank you Steve!
Post 609 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

The trouble over here is getting hold of great bulk buys. I know it isn't exactly a piece of cake your end but really tough in the UK.

Wonder how Darryl at Silver Acre always has such an extensive inventory.
Post 610 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'll edit my statement. I find it really tough in the UK
Post 611 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Lol
Post 612 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well, you guys have some great home-grown creators over there. Would love to see another volume of D.R. & Quinch sometime.
Post 613 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the response Steve. It's good to have an acknowledgment that there is an awareness of what's being said and debated here and are at least maybe taking it into consideration.
I know I've said a lot already in this thread but I'm going to break down my personal opinions of the pros and cons of the old label/logo vs the new label/logo as best as I can now that I've had a few days to think about it.
1) Changing the font and color of the grade of the book and background to black on white just throws the balance of the label off. You and CGC both made this same mistake to make the grade of the book scream off the label. It's saying look at me just too much. It's obtrusive and ugly. The old label with a deep blue font against a very pale blue background was just more subtle and displayed the grade with better balance against the rest of the label. I had no trouble seeing the grade with the old label and most certainly didn't feel like it was slapping me in the face. Not only that, the new font itself seems kind of awkward or dated. The old font just had a better look and feel to it. If it makes you feel any better, CGC's big bold grade on their new label is even worse and more distracting.
2) There is too much empty space in the center of the new label. It makes the label look like something is missing while at the same time drawing you to it (after you get done being slapped by the grade box that is). What you had before with some information crossing into the center of the label worked much better aesthetically.
3) No border at the bottom of the new label just looks chopped and incomplete. The subtle intensity change of the blue along the top and bottom of the old label just brought better balance and completeness to the whole label.
4) The rivets at the top of the new label and in the new logo just gives a cold, harsh and stiff feel. It does not convey the effect you were looking for and is just distracting and unnecessary. Ok for the silver age Metal Men and Iron Man logos but not so much here unless you're selling power tools. Your old logo looked much more professional and fit the product better.
5)This all being said, I think all you really needed to do was maybe make your (old) logo holofoil on the label and that's it.
Post 614 IP   flag post
@Foghorn_Sam Did you forget about the brushed steel gradiant look on the label?
Post 615 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Foghorn_Sam Did you forget about the brushed steel gradiant look on the label?

Yeah, that too. It's just a little hard for me to make that effect out from the images posted or the video, but after going back a taking another look I see what you mean. Still, it conveys and has the same cold, harsh and stiff feel as the rivets. Trying to make the label and logo look metallic just doesn't work and creates way too much emphasis on the label (for me anyway). I get the effect they were going for, but it's redundant and distracting to the book.
Post 616 IP   flag post
Collector zosocane private msg quote post Address this user
Steve and CBCS, thank you for reading and updating us on where things stand. It is greatly appreciated.

I really like the "old" logo. Foghorn Sam is right: the only tweak to make is make the old logo holo foil to give it a sharper look. There is no need to make the numerical grade leap out the way the new CGC label does, as if it's for the visually impaired.
Post 617 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:

Click your cockle burrs together, Snicketts, and make this the happy ending we all know it can be.

And I just sharpened my pitchfork and lit my torch
Post 618 IP   flag post
Collector eyeless private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
Quote:

Uhhhh...is that coming to a decision thingy going to delay my books being graded and sent back?

I would like to also know this as I have been waiting for my books for awhile now and don't need more time added on.
Post 619 IP   flag post
Collector Stronguy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

We want action NOW!!!! NOW!!!!
(and a grilled cheese sandwich)
Post 620 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeless
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
Quote:

Uhhhh...is that coming to a decision thingy going to delay my books being graded and sent back?

I would like to also know this as I have been waiting for my books for awhile now and don't need more time added on.

SDCC was going to bring grading to a screeching halt regardless.
Post 621 IP   flag post
Collector Verde private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you Steve!
Post 622 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronguy
Quote:

With tomato soup. 😊
Post 623 IP   flag post
Collector KenWorthing private msg quote post Address this user
.. stick some bacon in that grilled cheese sandwich and we have a winner
Post 624 IP   flag post
Collector rckstr1253 private msg quote post Address this user
This is why I will be getting my comics graded by cbcs. They actually listen and respond to their customers without deleting comments/critiques of their product. See CGC, this is how customer service is suppose to be done!
Post 625 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronguy
Quote:

With tomato soup. 😊

Tomato soups sucks...
(but only slightly less than that label and logo)
Post 626 IP   flag post
Quote:
With tomato soup. 😊

Steve, we want access to your secret stash of Emojis!
Post 627 IP   flag post
I've tried to work some photo shop with this new label to try and balance it out so there is not so much empty space in the middle by bringing every thing in toward the middle a little and removed the brushed steel gradient. Unfortunately, by the time I got done with it, it looks a lot like the CGC label. What do you think?

Post 628 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foghorn_Sam
I've tried to work some photo shop with this new label to try and balance it out so there is not so much empty space in the middle by bringing every thing in toward the middle a little and removed the brushed steel gradient. Unfortunately, by the time I got done with it, it looks a lot like the CGC label. What do you think?

This isn't shabby. I just am not crazy about the font or the rivets. If those were changed, then I would be happy.
Post 629 IP   flag post
Collector Mio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foghorn_Sam

Lose the rivets, thinner border on all sides with the CBCS original light blue colour. No need for lettering in the border.

Essentially, the old label was fine except it would have looked better with a border and the grade centred vertically.
Post 630 IP   flag post
601505 1176 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?