Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS GradedCBCS Original Art Program OAPCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSP

CBCS launches New Logo and Brand756

Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
This change seems like it was made to bring something visually new to SDCC and I wonder how much time they will have to really discuss the label this week when many key staff will be at the show all week.

So....two weeks before we get an informed and thought out official response?
Post 576 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverAgeFan

What they undertook did not occur overnight. They had to decide at some point in time in the past that they were going to make a change. They had to get a graphic design team to work [...] come up with the new label and logo that they liked...

You know, it was probably more involved than that even. As I understand it, a lot of marketing firms will hold workshops with the employees, to elicit how people view their company, and how they would like the company to be perceived. I think that's where a lot of the symbolism came from.

I'm thinking, more and more, that simply letting people chose one label or the other just isn't going to happen. Which sucks, but it is what it is. I'm thinking about the logistics here. Right now they input the grading info, etc., into the computer, and then probably send it to the printer in a fairly straightforward process, choosing one of three different colored stock pre-prints for the base, and then laser jetting that sucker.

If they let everyone choose, that involves not only getting more stock in, but redesigning that system to account for six, rather than three choices. Or getting a separate printer - and where the heck do you put it? Or doing it by hand, with the paper stock in the printer; or having an "old label" day and a "new label" day. And what about the yahoos who want half old label and half new? It could get very complicated.

So, I don't think the old label will be coming back. I think it's gone for good. Which is a shame. Aesthetics matter, dammit.
Post 577 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Curmudgeon
Quote:
This change seems like it was made to bring something visually new to SDCC and I wonder how much time they will have to really discuss the label this week when many key staff will be at the show all week.

So....two weeks before we get an informed and thought out official response?

The week of the 25th definitely seems like the most likely time to get a full response. Longer than I'd typically like, certainly but given the time constraints due to the show, I can understand. That and I doubt they'd want a press release undermining all their trade dress and marketing materials at SDCC all week.
Post 578 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Just so everyone is aware of what is happening at the CBCS office...

We have read your comments, complaints, and are discussing them internally. We will be at San Diego Comic Con this week at booth #1101, where we will continue talking to our customers about the new labels. We have heard you. You are not being ignored.

Once we have come to a decision, we will make an announcement.

Until then, we appreciate your patience.
Post 579 IP   flag post
Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you Steve.
Post 580 IP   flag post

Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts Thank you
Post 581 IP   flag post
Collector DertyComix private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts Thank you for addressing the issue.
Post 582 IP   flag post
@SteveRicketts Thanks Steve!
Post 583 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

We expect the forum dinner on Saturday to be lively. lol
Post 584 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Quote:

We expect the forum dinner on Saturday to be lively. lol

But civil! I want to be allowed back there in the future!
Post 585 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts Thanks Steve. Are there forum dinners at all the Cons or is this one special?
Post 586 IP   flag post
Collector matterus023 private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts good to hear.
Post 587 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks, Steve. Sorry things didn't go the way you guys were expecting. I know you guys put a lot of thought into the change, and it didn't go unnoticed.
Post 588 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

We have read your comments, complaints, and are discussing them internally. We will be at San Diego Comic Con this week at booth #1101, where we will continue talking to our customers about the new labels. We have heard you. You are not being ignored.

Big thanks, Steve.

If I were attending SDCC this year I'd drop by the booth and engage on the topic in person. I do have raw books that I want holdered and some reholdered (CGC), but will wait 'till this sorts out before making any decisions.

I can always bring books to Chicago next month for direct submission (rather than shipping) if the eventual outcome is positive from my perspective.

Really appreciate the update.
Post 589 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Uhhhh...is that coming to a decision thingy going to delay my books being graded and sent back?
Post 590 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
@SteveRicketts Thanks Steve. Are there forum dinners at all the Cons or is this one special?

This dinner is just something I just organized myself, hence the "Unofficial" in my thread title, with an open invititation to anyone on the forums that will be in town for the convention. Steve took me up on it and it looks like a few others from CBCS will be able to attend as well.

I'd imagine you could organize something similar for other shows.
Post 591 IP   flag post
Living in England it is not only cold but I miss out on all the comic fun over in the states
Post 592 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by matterus023
Living in England it is not only cold but I miss out on all the comic fun over in the states

Leave England. You will learn to live where the comics flourish in abundance.
Post 593 IP   flag post
Quote:

Matt
You need to hit Seattle. We have similar weather to the UK and good access to "comic fun." That way, you would still feel like you are at home and enjoying all the perks of the states.
Post 594 IP   flag post
Collector Johnjakewish private msg quote post Address this user
@steveRicketts thanks for the response, it's reassuring to know that cbcs will make the most informed decision possible.
Post 595 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
Quote:

Leave England. You will learn to live where the comics flourish in abundance.

The market over here is so poor compared to you guys. I just need someone to give me a job in comics and a place to live in the U.S and I'm any ones
Post 596 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinzebac
Quote:

Matt
You need to hit Seattle. We have similar weather to the UK and good access to "comic fun." That way, you would still feel like you are at home and enjoying all the perks of the states.

Keith if I could convince the Mrs I would move over. But she is rooted firmly to the ground SELFISH!!! haha
Post 597 IP   flag post
Quote:
Keith if I could convince the Mrs I would move over. But she is rooted firmly to the ground SELFISH!!! haha

They do have shovels in the UK right?
Post 598 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

They do have shovels in the UK right?

I've thought about it but just seems like a lot of hard work
Post 599 IP   flag post
You know what, all this label talk and I totally forgot to voice my displeasure that the surprise was not @SteveRicketts jumping his motorcycle over the grading room shark tank.
Post 600 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
You know what, all this label talk and I totally forgot to voice my displeasure that the surprise was not @SteveRicketts jumping his motorcycle over the grading room shark tank.

He did the stunt on your day in the bad dog box.
Post 601 IP   flag post
Collector SilverAgeFan private msg quote post Address this user
@matterus023, Hi Matt, actually, you don't necessarily need to come to the United States to understand all the different types of comics we have.
If you've been paying attention on this forum, you have already seen that we have some really good comics, some average comics, and some comics that are not worth even threepence!
Post 602 IP   flag post
What do they call dollar bins in the UK?
Post 603 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinzebac
Quote:

Matt

No worries. I don't want any family discord.
Post 604 IP   flag post
Collector DannyBoy private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you, Steve.
Post 605 IP   flag post
601455 1176 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?