Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS GradedCBCS Original Art Program OAPCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSP

CBCS launches New Logo and Brand756

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Less is more.

Post 226 IP   flag post
Collector Bluespeyer private msg quote post Address this user
Get rid of the border and you've got something.
Post 227 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Less is more.

Even that looks better, and how much time did that take you to design?
Post 228 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
30 minutes. I didn't think anybody would care, so that's why I didn't complete all the text words.
Post 229 IP   flag post
Another kick in the pants is the complete lack of even asking the community of our opinion. No design mockups, no polls, no voting, no feedback. Who exactly was it they "heard?" It wasn't this forum.
Post 230 IP   flag post

Collector matterus023 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
30 minutes. I didn't think anybody would care, so that's why I didn't complete all the text words.

What tool did you use for this design. I am pretty useless on computers but would like a go myself if simple enough to use
Post 231 IP   flag post

Post 232 IP   flag post
Quote:

Try it without the border. And why does it have to say CBCS CERTIFIED COMIC on top? That's redundant. The logo makes it obvious.
Post 233 IP   flag post
I use Gimp for my graphic design. Not going to share what things I design though, that would be like taking off Batman's mask, and I'm pretty sure Mr. Sigs and SilverAgeFan are plotting my demise. (j/k)
Post 234 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke I think it could use a little tweaking (maybe lose the drop shadow on the grade) but I don't think it's a bad start
Post 235 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
I use Gimp for my graphic design. Not going to share what things I design though, that would be like taking off Batman's mask, and I'm pretty sure Mr. Sigs and SilverAgeFan are plotting my demise. (j/k)

Are you just trying to make me type gimp in google. Hmmmm you really are dark

Jokes aside is it easy to use for a noob of life
Post 236 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
looks awesome
Post 237 IP   flag post
Gimp is like the Force for a Jedi Padawan. Easy to use, takes a lifetime to master. It has more bells and whistles than you will ever use. If you dig into it you can do amazing things on par with Photoshop. And it is FREE.
Post 238 IP   flag post
Collector D84 private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, I'm amazed by the whining from people who expect the company to let us make decisions on their product.

As we have shown, you can't please everyone online, and with the sense of entitlement a large portion have, I'm surprised they have message boards.

In other words...

Post 239 IP   flag post

This one is hard on the eyes

Post 240 IP   flag post
Name a major company that makes blanket product decisions without using focus groups?
Post 241 IP   flag post
CGC
Post 242 IP   flag post
Quote:
Gimp is like the Force for a Jedi Padawan. Easy to use, takes a lifetime to master. It has more bells and whistles than you will ever use. If you dig into it you can do amazing things on par with Photoshop. And it is FREE.

The gimp is downloading. Hopefully I will get no viral diseases from the gimp and hopefully he/it will be VERY responsive to my needs
Post 243 IP   flag post

How bout this design?
Post 244 IP   flag post

Post 245 IP   flag post
Collector akionabr private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluespeyer

How bout this design?

That is beautiful. They should have chosen that one! Lol.
Post 246 IP   flag post
We pay our hard earned money to purchase a very niche product. Why should we not have an opinion in changes made to that product? By that logic no one should have complained about CreepEngineGate.
Post 247 IP   flag post
how about a laser etched cover with whatever we want on it with a complete hologram of Borock fighting Chuck Norris on the background
Post 248 IP   flag post
Quote:
We pay our hard earned money to purchase a very niche product. Why should we not have an opinion in changes made to that product? By that logic no one should have complained about CreepEngineGate.

EXACTLY this.
Post 249 IP   flag post
Collector D84 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Name a major company that makes blanket product decisions without using focus groups?

There is a huge difference between a focus group and putting things up online for anyone on the board can throw tantrums because of anonymity.
Post 250 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy_K
how about a laser etched cover with whatever we want on it with a complete hologram of Borock fighting Chuck Norris on the background

I'd buy it.
Post 251 IP   flag post
Tantrums are happening because it is a garish surprise out of left field that is poorly designed and looks unprofessional and was a step backwards from a label and logo that were not broken and didn't need fixing.
Post 252 IP   flag post
There's a reason New Coke was a complete failure. This label is New Coke.
Post 253 IP   flag post
substance over style... by that I mean the case protects and displays the comic without any rings or waves or imprints. the slip of paper on top is to say what the comic is thats it. So why is it such a big deal?
Post 254 IP   flag post
EDIT: Cause I exagerrated and people are angry over it.
Post 255 IP   flag post
601455 1176 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?