Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
SignaturesSigning Opportunities

Stan Lee charging $100 per sign on final con704

Collector JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelations
Why blame Stan though? Look at it from his point of view. He has fans and some fans think that it's funny to have him sign batman or stuff that is not normally associated with him. If he refuses, they think he's a jerk and they tell their friends and those friends post on message forums about how Stan spit on their friend while shoving him down the stairs. Yeah, he could refuse, but it wouldn't help his nice guy image that he wants to project.


that will never happen. his manager wants $$$$ and he is going to get as many of those $100s as he can.
Post 151 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThatGuy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelations
Why blame Stan though? Look at it from his point of view. He has fans and some fans think that it's funny to have him sign batman or stuff that is not normally associated with him. If he refuses, they think he's a jerk and they tell their friends and those friends post on message forums about how Stan spit on their friend while shoving him down the stairs. Yeah, he could refuse, but it wouldn't help his nice guy image that he wants to project.


that will never happen. his manager wants $$$$ and he is going to get as many of those $100s as he can.


Max rules.
Post 152 IP   flag post
Collector SilverAgeFan private msg quote post Address this user
As long as people are willing to shell out the money, Stan's willing to help them with that......or any artist/writer on whatever book we put in front of them!
Post 153 IP   flag post
Collector Scipio2000 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm old school. I would never in a million years have anyone sign a copy of a book like Amazing Fantasy 15. Stan Lee or Steve Ditko would be the ONLY people on Earth I would even consider doing that.

To me, when you have a mega key book like that, you don't mess with it.
Post 154 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Who would have anyone other than Stan sign an AF15?
Post 155 IP   flag post


COLLECTOR kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
JIM LEE
Post 156 IP   flag post
Collector JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverAgeFan
Speaking of talent, I am going to the Daytona show in November. Greg Land will be there and I've got some Spidey stuff that HE did that I want him to sign.


make sure he signs over a light table or he may messes up the signature.
Post 157 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThatGuy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverAgeFan
Speaking of talent, I am going to the Daytona show in November. Greg Land will be there and I've got some Spidey stuff that HE did that I want him to sign.


make sure he signs over a light table or he may mess up the signature.


Post 158 IP   flag post
Collector JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThatGuy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelations
Why blame Stan though? Look at it from his point of view. He has fans and some fans think that it's funny to have him sign batman or stuff that is not normally associated with him. If he refuses, they think he's a jerk and they tell their friends and those friends post on message forums about how Stan spit on their friend while shoving him down the stairs. Yeah, he could refuse, but it wouldn't help his nice guy image that he wants to project.


that will never happen. his manager wants $$$$ and he is going to get as many of those $100s as he can.


Max rules.


Post 159 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
I got a FF #36 (1st Appearance of Medusa) and it is one of those things I am debating, if I want Stan Lee to sign my FF36, or, OR
to sign my photo with STAN LEE ... the debate within myself continues
Post 160 IP   flag post
Collector CCD private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Who would have anyone other than Stan sign an AF15?


I would if it was Ditko.
Post 161 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel85301
I got a FF #36 (1st Appearance of Medusa) and it is one of those things I am debating, if I want Stan Lee to sign my FF36, or, OR
to sign my photo with STAN LEE ... the debate within myself continues


No brainer. The photo.
Post 162 IP   flag post
Collector SilverAgeFan private msg quote post Address this user
@conditionfreak, that's kind of a conundrum! You get one signed, and it brings satisfaction and more monetary value. You get the other one sign and it brings a great deal of satisfaction and lifelong memories. Can you not get both signed?
Post 163 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverAgeFan
that's kind of a conundrum! You get one signed, and it brings satisfaction and more monetary value. You get the other one sign and it brings a great deal of satisfaction and lifelong memories. Can you not get both signed?


$$$..

Unless you want to loan me $100..
Post 164 IP   flag post
Collector SilverAgeFan private msg quote post Address this user
@Gabriel85301, when is the show you're going to for the signing?
Post 165 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverAgeFan
@Gabriel85301, when is the show you're going to for the signing?


Rose City Comicon in Portland, September 10-11 I have paid for my flight, book'd my hotel (still gotta pay), autograph and photo op with Stan Lee, and my two day passes..

the only thing i'm worried about is getting the time off approved.. LOL.. still waiting on decision from the head chief at work on the OK..
Post 166 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah I'm going with the photo..

Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel85301
I got a FF #36 (1st Appearance of Medusa) and it is one of those things I am debating, if I want Stan Lee to sign my FF36, or, OR
to sign my photo with STAN LEE ... the debate within myself continues


No brainer. The photo.
Post 167 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverAgeFan
If be okay with an actor signing if he/she played that character. But it's tricky. Robert Downey Jr. Did an amazing job as Iron man. But that's in the last 10 years. For all you Iron Man fans, IF thi had a 9.6-9.8 Iron Man #1, would you have Downey sign it?


I am having Ming-Na sign this, this upcoming weekend, and yes, I'm grabbing a CBCS witness..

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CqRmtNwUIAQmt8k.jpg
Post 168 IP   flag post
169833 168 18
destitute