Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Strange Adventures 180 Slabbed 5.56626

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
1st app of Animal Man...not a main character or an immensley popular one would you say? Is there room for growth on this book? Hot book?

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
I think this book is actually already kind of pricey.

That said, I am of the opinion that all silver age 1st app books, with a character who has yet to be used in the movie/TV/streaming universes, are good investment picks....If you're able to find raw copies, on the cheap.

I should start a WTB post offering full Overstreet for raw, second and third tier 1st app books....Hell, gonna get a list together and do that shortly.Should be a couple dozen of them.

Slabbed copies will cost too much, to sit on.

But if you can score a slabbed copy half GPA, buy it.

Odds of that happening are remote, though.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
The Grant Morrison/Tom Vietch/Jamie Delano written run of this comic character from 1988 to the mid 1990's was actually quite the fan favorite. Lots of great Brian Bolland covers as well.

I own copies of this book as well as #190 - 1st app in costume. As CAK said, any silver age first appearances that are overlooked and haven't yet had a movie/TV/Cable exposure are worth keeping on your radar. But I like this character and think it worthwhile to own.
Post 3 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
I think this book is actually already kind of pricey.

That said, I am of the opinion that all silver age 1st app books, with a character who has yet to be used in the movie/TV/streaming universes, are good investment picks....If you're able to find raw copies, on the cheap.

I should start a WTB post offering full Overstreet for raw, second and third tier 1st app books....Hell, gonna get a list together and do that shortly.Should be a couple dozen of them.

Slabbed copies will cost too much, to sit on.

But if you can score a slabbed copy half GPA, buy it.

Odds of that happening are remote, though.

I'd definitely be interested in seeing your list!

I can probably get that book for $250 shipped which is a little more than Go Collect data on a 5.5 slab of the same book. I don't have this book and would like one. EBay prices are way above Go Collect data.

I appreciate your posts and the information you provide!

Thanks!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
The Grant Morrison/Tom Vietch/Jamie Delano written run of this comic character from 1988 to the mid 1990's was actually quite the fan favorite. Lots of great Brian Bolland covers as well.

I own copies of this book as well as #190 - 1st app in costume. As CAK said, any silver age first appearances that are overlooked and haven't yet had a movie/TV/Cable exposure are worth keeping on your radar. But I like this character and think it worthwhile to own.

Thank you for your input!! I think I'm going to buy the book. Thanks!
Post 5 IP   flag post
601512 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?